Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Video* Mitt Romney's surprisingly hilarious speech
Sorry if this was already posted elsewhere

http://washingtonexaminer.com/video-mitt...IE-EJiROCc
Mitt Romney is surprising millions of folks with his speaking ability. He wowed last night at the Alfred Smith dinner. In fact, last night proved again that when allowed to speak without interruptions and behind the scenes traps being set, Romney is a powerful communicator and even the dems were compelled to applaud him and give him public recognition. The concensus was that Romney looked very presidential.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Mitt Romney is surprising millions of folks with his speaking ability. He wowed last night at the Alfred Smith dinner. In fact, last night proved again that when allowed to speak without interruptions and behind the scenes traps being set, Romney is a powerful communicator and even the dems were compelled to applaud him and give him public recognition. The concensus was that Romney looked very presidential.
At a comedy dinner? Where's the consensus? Just asking.
TheRealVille Wrote:At a comedy dinner? Where's the consensus? Just asking.

You had two presidential candidates speaking at the Alfred Smith dinner within minutes of each other, known to be an intensely scrutinized media event. In attendance were everybody from Chris Matthews to Katie Couric, plus a veritable who's who of movers and shakers. They went on and on about the comparisons between the two candidates and were very complimentary to Romney. Thus the concensus, that Romney again got the best of the president.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You had two presidential candidates speaking at the Alfred Smith dinner within minutes of each other, known to be an intensely scrutinized media event. In attendance were everybody from Chris Matthews to Katie Couric, plus a veritable who's who of movers and shakers. They went on and on about the comparisons between the two candidates and were very complimentary to Romney. Thus the concensus, that Romney again got the best of the president.
Were they complimentary to Obama? Complimentary now means "got the best of"?
TheRealVille Wrote:Were they complimentary to Obama? Complimentary now means "got the best of"?

Would it upset you if someone said Mitt was taller than Barry?
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Would it upset you if someone said Mitt was taller than Barry?
No, but unlike TRT, I wouldn't base political comedy applause as a gauge for how politics are leaning. Being complimentary to someone doesn't equate to "got the best of someone politically". Well, only to spinmasters.
Did you even bother to watch the two speeches? If so who did you think delivered the best speech? If not, your opinion really does not matter.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Did you even bother to watch the two speeches? If so who did you think delivered the best speech? If not, your opinion really does not matter.
I'll voice my opinion any time I please. You should know by now, that what you think about my opinion doesn't matter to me, at all. Unlike you and TRT, I don't base any political opinion on a comedy night. That's why I didn't post a view on either of their speeches.
TheRealVille Wrote:I'll voice my opinion any time I please. You should know by now, that what you think about my opinion doesn't matter to me, at all. Unlike you and TRT, I don't base any political opinion on a comedy night. That's why I didn't a view on either of their speeches.
Feel free to offer your uninformed opinions anytime you want, RV. It is foolish to argue that a speech that you did not even watch had no impact among media heavyweights who were in attendance.

Clips of those speeches will be replayed on TV news channels and network affiliates hundreds of times. It is good publicity and it is free. Obama performed well but Romney was on an entirely different level last night.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Feel free to offer your uninformed opinions anytime you want, RV. It is foolish to argue that a speech that you did not even watch had no impact among media heavyweights who were in attendance.

Clips of those speeches will be replayed on TV news channels and network affiliates hundreds of times. It is good publicity and it is free. Obama performed well but Romney was on an entirely different level last night.
Where did I say I hadn't watched them? I just generally don't make political leaning comments on comedy routines. Are we electing a resident comedian, or a President?Wink
TheRealVille Wrote:Where did I say I hadn't watched them? I just generally don't make political leaning comments on comedy routines. Are we electing a resident comedian, or a President?Wink
Did you watch them and if so, who do you think communicated his sense of humor best to the national media representatives who attended? You cannot really believe that the Republican candidate delivering an outstanding speech in that setting will have no bearing on the coverage that he receives. Can you?

Clips of the outstanding performances that Bush and Gore delivered at the dinner during the 2000 campaign are still shown repeatedly every four years.

Obama has spend hundreds of millions of dollars in negative campaign ads painting Romney as an out of touch millionaire. After his debate performances and his performance last night, which tens of millions of people will see before the election, seem to conflict with the image that Obama is trying to tag to Romney.

If you do not want to answer my questions, I will understand. If you say Obama delivered a better performance, nobody is going to believe you. It is probably best to stick to your guns and keep claiming that the speeches were not important. Confusednicker:
TheRealVille Wrote:I'll voice my opinion any time I please. You should know by now, that what you think about my opinion doesn't matter to me, at all. Unlike you and TRT, I don't base any political opinion on a comedy night. That's why I didn't post a view on either of their speeches.

For a guy who thinks he's a genius, you miss an awful lot. It's not my opinion, that came from pundits. You let others give you your opinion from where I stand.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:For a guy who thinks he's a genius, you miss an awful lot. It's not my opinion, that came from pundits. You let others give you your opinion from where I stand.
RV's opinions are a/k/a Obama's talking points. He will have an opinion on last night's speeches if and when Obama gives him one. Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Feel free to offer your uninformed opinions anytime you want, RV. It is foolish to argue that a speech that you did not even watch had no impact among media heavyweights who were in attendance.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the consensus :thatsfunn
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:RV's opinions are a/k/a Obama's talking points. Confusednicker:

They barely have time for a touch and go. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Did you watch them and if so, who do you think communicated his sense of humor best to the national media representatives who attended? You cannot really believe that the Republican candidate delivering an outstanding speech in that setting will have no bearing on the coverage that he receives. Can you?

Clips of the outstanding performances that Bush and Gore delivered at the dinner during the 2000 campaign are still shown repeatedly every four years.

Obama has spend hundreds of millions of dollars in negative campaign ads painting Romney as an out of touch millionaire. After his debate performances and his performance last night, which tens of millions of people will see before the election, seem to conflict with the image that Obama is trying to tag to Romney.

If you do not want to answer my questions, I will understand. If you say Obama delivered a better performance, nobody is going to believe you. It is probably best to stick to your guns and keep claiming that the speeches were not important. Confusednicker:
Yes, I watched them, and they were both about equally bad at looking down at a piece of paper, and being comedians. Obama's was a little more funny,(as "funny politicians" go) and Romney's was more like a "smart assed, half funny, political speech".
Dennis Miller was travelling with the Romney campaign earlier this week. I would be shocked if Miller did not provide some material and comedy tips to Romney on the trips between campaign stops.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Dennis Miller was travelling with the Romney campaign earlier this week. I would be shocked if Miller did not provide some material and comedy tips to Romney on the trips between campaign stops.
As pointed out above, I can believe that.