Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee Iacocca:I'm Backing Romney
Lifelong Democrat Lee Iacocca, the man credited with saving Chrysler, has thrown his support to Mitt Romney in the Repulicans effort to unseat Barack Obama and take the reins of the country after the November election. [more]

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Iacocca.../id/460723
^ :Clap: All the smart money is on Romney. Wisconsin is now a toss up, and Romney is ahead in Pennsylvania :yikes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:^ :Clap: All the smart money is on Romney. Wisconsin is now a toss up, and Romney is ahead in Pennsylvania :yikes:

Since Iacocca has such strong ties to Pennsylvania and Michigan, it will be interesting to see if he has enough clout to influence the results in these states.
TheRealThing Wrote:^ :Clap: All the smart money is on Romney. Wisconsin is now a toss up, and Romney is ahead in Pennsylvania :yikes:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_c..._president

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/18...82343.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/...-1891.html
LOL RV linking to what he has insisted is a Republican poll! Which way is the wind blowing today, RV? I believe that Paul Ryan is campaigning in Pennsylvania today. Meanwhile, the Obama campaign is borrowing money to stay in the race.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:LOL RV linking to what he has insisted is a Republican poll! Which way is the wind blowing today, RV? I believe that Paul Ryan is campaigning in Pennsylvania today. Meanwhile, the Obama campaign is borrowing money to stay in the race.
Just posting one from your mothership. It is what it is. TRT posted exactly the opposite of what is the truth in the polls. You are are allowed to have your own opinion, not your own facts in the polls. Because Ryan is campaigning in PA makes Romney ahead?
TheRealVille Wrote:Just posting one from your mothership. It is what it is. TRT posted exactly the opposite of what is the truth in the polls. You are are allowed to have your own opinion, not your own facts in the polls. Because Ryan is campaigning in PA makes Romney ahead?
The latest poll suggests that he is ahead. At the very least, Ryan's presence in Pennsylvania means that their internal polls show that Romney has a shot there. Obama cannot afford to lose Pennsylvania. Its time for him to go beg the bankers for some more money.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The latest poll suggests that he is ahead. At the very least, Ryan's presence in Pennsylvania means that their internal polls show that Romney has a shot there. Obama cannot afford to lose Pennsylvania. Its time for him to go beg the bankers for some more money.
Which poll? Here are 7, and all say Obama is ahead. Even 2 ultra conservative polls have Obama ahead. Maybe Ryan is trying to gain ground there? Wherever Obama gets the money is fine, since you didn't think Romney should tell where all of his big money was coming from.

Polling Data
Poll Date Sample MoE Obama (D) Romney ® Spread
RCP Average 10/4 - 10/14 -- -- 49.7 44.7 Obama +5.0
Quinnipiac 10/12 - 10/14 1519 LV 2.5 50 46 Obama +4
PPP (D) 10/12 - 10/14 500 LV 4.4 51 44 Obama +7
Morning Call 10/10 - 10/14 438 LV 5.0 49 45 Obama +4
Rasmussen Reports 10/9 - 10/9 500 LV 4.5 51 46 Obama +5
Philadelphia Inquirer 10/4 - 10/8 600 LV 4.0 50 42 Obama +8
Susquehanna 10/4 - 10/6 725 LV 3.7 47 45 Obama +2
The latest Susquenna poll has Romney up by 4, as I posted in another thread. Iacocca's endorsement won't hurt either, although most voters are too young to know who he is.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The latest Susquenna poll has Romney up by 4, as I posted in another thread. Iacocca's endorsement won't hurt either, although most voters are too young to know who he is.

Quote:Pennsylvania-based Susquehanna Polling and Research (SP&R) is a leading survey research and political polling firm for both candidates for public office (GOP only), as well as numerous corporate clients including trade associations, public relations firms and the media. Voter Survey Service (or VSS), a division of Susquehanna Polling and Research, has conducted hundreds of polls in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Florida, Delaware and Maryland as well as other states and nationwide. Founded in 2000 in Harrisburg, Pa, the firm now includes 4 political associates with 50 years of combined polling experience, 40 survey research interviewers expertly trained in conducting all types of surveys, and a team of political consultants. SP&R also has its own telephone call center and conducts all its own polling with no outsourcing.
President Jim Lee has 15 years of polling experience and a background as a former lobbyist. From 1996-2000, Jim was employed as a lobbyist for the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry. From 1993-96, Jim worked as a special projects coordinator for the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. In 1990, Jim graduated from Lycoming College in Williamsport, Pa., with a B.A. in Political Science and was the 1989-90 recipient of the Elmer B. Staats Endowed Scholarship Award. Jim is a member of the American Association of Public Opinion Research (AAPOR) and the American Association of Political Consultants (AAPC). Jim is married to Kelly M. Reed, of Tower City, Pa. They have two daughters.

Susquehanna Polling and Research is also the official pollster for WHTM ABC27 News in Harrisburg, PA, and a pollster for the Pittsburgh Tribune Review. In addition, SP&R's polling has been quoted in numerous publications and media programs including:

The Sean Hannity Show on Fox News and MSNBC's Hardball with Chris Matthews;
The Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck radio programs;
The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, the New York Times and other publications.
:hilarious: Their poll data is coming from the "Republican State Committee". :hilarious: I posted the graph of what the polls say about PA, take it or leave it. BTW, you posted a link to a page that will not take you to your poll. You can't even go to their page and find poll results.
http://www.susquehannapolling.com/aboutus.html
^ I can't believe you have the nerve to put down Daily KOS, or MSNBC, of which I rarely ever look at, after citing that pollster. Confusednicker:
TheRealVille Wrote::hilarious: Their poll data is coming from the "Republican State Committee". :hilarious: I posted the graph of what the polls say about PA, take it or leave it. BTW, you posted a link to a page that will not take you to your poll.
http://www.susquehannapolling.com/aboutus.html
Yes you did post some poll numbers. You even posted an old Susqeuhannah poll yourself. Of course that poll was taken before Obama's campaign fell on hard times. It seems like pollsters are good when they show Obama ahead and bad when they show him behind in your little bubble. Most people do not take much comfort in outdated poll numbers.
TheRealVille Wrote:^ I can't believe you have the nerve to put down Daily KOS, or MSNBC, of which I rarely ever look at, after citing that pollster. Confusednicker:
I have been posting poll results from the Daily Kos. They show Obama's poll numbers dropping, just like everybody else's. This is the time in each campaign where pollsters strive for accuracy. That is one reason the Obama campaign is suddenly in panic mode.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yes you did post some poll numbers. You even posted an old Susqeuhannah poll yourself. Of course that poll was taken before Obama's campaign fell on hard times. It seems like pollsters are good when they show Obama ahead and bad when they show him behind in your little bubble. Most people do not take much comfort in outdated poll numbers.
If you want to put your money on known republican biased polls, go ahead. When I posted the chart, it just happened to be clumped with 6 others on a site you love to quote when the numbers favor what you want them to say. I can see why some republicans on this site PM me that they are embarrassed that you are the self appointed spokesperson for the republican party on BGR.
Let me be clear: TRT has already retired, and is among the people that Romney says safe under his plan. You are among the ones that aren't safe, and are going to have to suffer under his plan. I hope you got it all figured out, with cuts to social security and medicare, because he is going to put a major hurt on you in those areas. He can't hurt me, so go ahead and put him in. I could care less, I'm not going to push a hotdog stand when I retire.
TheRealVille Wrote:Let me be clear: TRT has already retired, and is among the people that Romney says safe under his plan. You are among the ones that aren't safe, and are going to have to suffer under his plan. I hope you got it all figured out, with cuts to social security and medicare, because he is going to put a major hurt on you in those areas. He can't hurt me, so go ahead and put him in. I could care less, I'm not going to push a hotdog stand when I retire.

Even if the DNC talking points argument you make is true, which I don't buy for 1 minute, all of it pales in comparison to the threat ObamaCare poses.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]