Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) Georgetown College 35 UPike 10
Georgetown College's football team opened up a 14-point advantage Saturday against University of Pikeville and never looked back. The No. 2 Tigers improved to 8-0 on the season and 3-0 in Mid-South Conference East Division with the 35-10 win.

Neal Pawsat found Rob Madon for the first score as the sophomore threw for 325 yards and three scores on 29 completions. Madon and fellow senior Chris Gohman were Pawsat's favorite target with five catches and one touchdown each.

Randy Doss punched in the winning-score early in the second quarter off a three-yard run. The senior also scored on a one-yard run to start the second half. Pawsat's final touchdown pass came early in the fourth quarter on an eight-yard strike to Zach Sowder.

The Tiger defense held UPike to 302 yards of offense on 68 plays. The Bears (3-5, 1-2) scored a field goal just before half and found the endzone late in the third quarter to trim the deficit to 18.

GC has the week off before returning to action 1:30 pm Nov. 3 hosting Union College (3-5, 0-2) on Senior Day.

GeorgetownTigersSports.com
Cumberland is just as good. Could see both teams make deep runs...
There only loss is a 41-35 loss to Gtown.
And theyve been killing teams this year as well.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Cumberland is just as good. Could see both teams make deep runs...
There only loss is a 41-35 loss to Gtown.
And theyve been killing teams this year as well.

Yea and that loss was at Gtown.
^
This may be the best Cumberland team ever.
I wouldnt be surprised to see them take the whole thing...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
This may be the best Cumberland team ever.
I wouldnt be surprised to see them take the whole thing...

I went and looked at their schedule, and my goodness, they average 48.6 points per game, with a freaking option offense. Looks like they hung 75 points on UVA-Wise, wow. Depending on how the NAIA playoffs work, maybe a Cumberland vs Georgetown title game??
well is dont seem Mr Hilton is having much success at the college level, maybe he goes back to high school one day...
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I went and looked at their schedule, and my goodness, they average 48.6 points per game, with a freaking option offense. Looks like they hung 75 points on UVA-Wise, wow. Depending on how the NAIA playoffs work, maybe a Cumberland vs Georgetown title game??

They have a dominant offense for the NAIA level.
There offense is comparable to Whitley but with a little more passing, and a LOT more effeciency.
Im not a huge Cumberlands fan by no means, but its nice to see them doing well. I would love to see a rematch...
cuppett777 Wrote:well is dont seem Mr Hilton is having much success at the college level, maybe he goes back to high school one day...

He'll have success, it just doesn't happen overnight. UPike has already improved leaps and bounds since his arrival and his strategy of recruiting a lot of local kids will end up paying him dividends soon enough IMO.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:They have a dominant offense for the NAIA level.
There offense is comparable to Whitley but with a little more passing, and a LOT more effeciency.
Im not a huge Cumberlands fan by no means, but its nice to see them doing well. I would love to see a rematch...

Yea, i went to the NAIA web site and they run the ball quite a bit.
^
Sorry Tiger, i accidentally hit the edit button to edit your post instead of the quote button and it screwed up the end.

From what im hearing, he's gone after this year no matter what happens, and he will be at a school very close to where i live...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Sorry Tiger, i accidentally hit the edit button to edit your post instead of the quote button and it screwed up the end.

From what im hearing, he's gone after this year no matter what happens, and he will be at a school very close to where i live...

So is Dudley is going to Corbin?
geauxtigers75 Wrote:He'll have success, it just doesn't happen overnight. UPike has already improved leaps and bounds since his arrival and his strategy of recruiting a lot of local kids will end up paying him dividends soon enough IMO.

Yea, i went to the NAIA web site and they run the ball quite a bit.

You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Letting go of Joe Johnson was the worst decision the University could have made. EKY kids can't compete with national talent. why do you think they get blown out by teams like Bethel, Cumberland, Shorter, and such. I don't expect it long before Hilton is either fired or forced to step down and Al Holland takes over, if he doesn't find a better job that is.
Westside Wrote:So is Dudley is going to Corbin?

Word on the street is its very possible.
Ive been hearing of him lurking around Harlan County to though....

I think its very possible he ends up at Corbin, talk about pissed off Bell fans...
Wouldnt surprise me to see him and Tommy Greer back in business, only in red. Greer is already at Corbin, just not coaching.
IMO, if Corbin is smart, and they do get rid of Jewell this year, Greg Duncum should be who they hire...
Real Badman Wrote:You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Letting go of Joe Johnson was the worst decision the University could have made. EKY kids can't compete with national talent. why do you think they get blown out by teams like Bethel, Cumberland, Shorter, and such. I don't expect it long before Hilton is either fired or forced to step down and Al Holland takes over, if he doesn't find a better job that is.

Cumberland has recruited local kids for years and it has worked for them in being successful. Several kids from Corbin, Wburg, and Whitley have played and started for Cumberland, and they are always right there with Gtown.
Albeit, you cant fill a roster with them. Theres just not enough speed. Most skill position players shouldnt be recruited from the mountains if you want to win.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Cumberland has recruited local kids for years and it has worked for them in being successful. Several kids from Corbin, Wburg, and Whitley have played and started for Cumberland, and they are always right there with Gtown.
Albeit, you cant fill a roster with them. Theres just not enough speed. Most skill position players shouldnt be recruited from the mountains if you want to win.

Other Cumberland chief.
Real Badman Wrote:You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Letting go of Joe Johnson was the worst decision the University could have made.EKY kids can't compete with national talent. why do you think they get blown out by teams like Bethel, Cumberland, Shorter, and such. I don't expect it long before Hilton is either fired or forced to step down and Al Holland takes over, if he doesn't find a better job that is.

Joe Johnson was 3-8, i'm not sure why he was let go so quickly nor do I really care, but, The last time I remember Pikeville even being competitive before Hilton's arrival was 2006 and they weren't even that good then. I suppose UPike should go back to recruiting nothing but players from South Carolina and Florida again so they can compete with 'national talent'? Yea that's worked out great for them in the past hasn't it?
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Joe Johnson was 3-8, i'm not sure why he was let go so quickly nor do I really care, but, The last time I remember Pikeville even being competitive before Hilton's arrival was 2006 and they weren't even that good then. I suppose UPike should go back to recruiting nothing but players from South Carolina and Florida again so they can compete with 'national talent'? Yea that's worked out great for them in the past hasn't it?

Yeah it did, Mac didn't recruit solely from "South Carolina and Florida" but he didn't focus majority on kids from EKY who can't even write their name. You'll get an exception every now and then, but you're out of your mind if you think Pikeville can win conference doing what it's doing now. It's all a money game at Pikeville. It's sort of sad, actually, you can't blame Dudley, but then again he is the face of the program.
Real Badman Wrote:Other Cumberland chief.

My bad. Ive always hated how those two have the same name, just backwards.
It just makes it worse that there on the same level in the same division...
Real Badman Wrote:Yeah it did, Mac didn't recruit solely from "South Carolina and Florida" but he didn't focus majority on kids from EKY who can't even write their name. You'll get an exception every now and then, but you're out of your mind if you think Pikeville can win conference doing what it's doing now. It's all a money game at Pikeville. It's sort of sad, actually, you can't blame Dudley, but then again he is the face of the program.

It's a money game everywhere. UPike cashes in a lot of money off these local players (KEES, Pell Grants, Loans, etc.) and they know it is easier to bring them in, so I concur with you on that point. However, as far as recruiting tactics go, I like the EKY focus, sure, they still go outside of the area to get some players which I believe is a good idea, I would never suggest Pikeville be some sort of EKY all-star conglomerate, but as RIUTG stated earlier, you need to go outside of the area to get the speed you need to compete, and I agree with that. Also, the more local kids in the program and on the field playing will definitely build more excitement and interest in the program, meaning more butts in seats and more $$$ for the University, I don't see a problem there. I think Coach Hilton needs more time, he's a good coach.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:It's a money game everywhere. UPike cashes in a lot of money off these local players (KEES, Pell Grants, Loans, etc.) and they know it is easier to bring them in, so I concur with you on that point. However, as far as recruiting tactics go, I like the EKY focus, sure, they still go outside of the area to get some players which I believe is a good idea, I would never suggest Pikeville be some sort of EKY all-star conglomerate, but as RIUTG stated earlier, you need to go outside of the area to get the speed you need to compete, and I agree with that. Also, the more local kids in the program and on the field playing will definitely build more excitement and interest in the program, meaning more butts in seats and more $$$ for the University, I don't see a problem there. I think Coach Hilton needs more time, he's a good coach.

Years ago I saw an interview with Pikeville College's first football coach. He said it was easy to find lineman in eastern Ky, but he had to go out of state for the most part to get skill position players. He said it was just to hard to find speed here eastern Ky.