Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entitlements
tvtimeout Wrote:I agree that is a relevent question as is the one of what have the republicans have done. The war on Poverty has failed which extends back into the 60's.
The truth of the matter is this, I have lived in both Republican and Democrat counties (Whitley and Pike), the problem is the same. Apathy or dispair has set on every corner, even if people would work, what would they do in our area?

Now the part that gets me really frustrated is that I am willing to spend billions of dollars to complete infrastructure projects in Iraq and Afganahstan, and yet when I return home to Whitley Co. 1/3 of our people don't have access to a septic system, forget about sewer... it is a very sad detail. Oh by the way this problem went on long before President Obama or Bush for that matter.

I think all of these programs come down to local controls, Hal Rogers, Mitch Mcconnell, who both have been in office for longer than 30 years. People on entitlemens get those at a local office, talk to your state reps if you want to change things...i

It happens locally, get involved in your chamber of commerace find ways to put people to work, find ways to use coal money instead of building football fields, these are just two ideas to get started.

Yeah, that one you have exactly right. It extends back to the 60's, right to laps of the Great Society President, Lyndon Baines Johnson, and the daddy of the idea that the United States could buy it's way out of poverty, Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare, John Gardner. An idea that sounded great to most folks but, in reality would cost the country dearly. The national debt in 1964 was 311 billion. (we borrow that 6 times a year these days) Now we find ourselves in a world of hurt with a national debt of 16.2 trillion and heading for something north of 20 trillion should Obama be reelected. Unfortunately, we have yet to get a grip on the foolishness of the idea that spending money somehow makes things better. Obama critics on the left are still saying the reason the ARRA didn't work is because the government didn't spend enough money. According to Eric Boling, under this president the US has generated 75 times more foodstamp recipients than it has jobs. "With the addition of Friday's fairly strong jobs report, plus upward revisions over the last couple of months, there are now 194,000 more jobs than there were in January of 2009, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That's 18 million new foodstampers vs 194,000 more jobs. Anybody want to take a stab at what 'upward revisions' might mean?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think everyone agrees that it entitlement programs need to be fixed. Instead of complaining about about like the republican congress, why not offer some solutions that might actually work?
4_real Wrote:I think everyone agrees that it entitlement programs need to be fixed. Instead of complaining about about like the republican congress, why not offer some solutions that might actually work?

Oh, dont worry. That's what you'll see after the election...
^ I agree Big Grin
Bob Seger Wrote:Oh, dont worry. That's what you'll see after the election...

Just like we see when Bush had both houses:hilarious:
President Bush wasn't the economic genius that Romney was...President Obama can only call himself a genius in getting people to believe his crap, lol.