• 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama Knew
[YOUTUBE="?"]VLeYjY9PL0w[/YOUTUBE]:trolldad:
:dudecomeon:[YOUTUBE="How can you support this?"]dQdtjZ5yj4s[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="A cover up cost Nixon his job"]NXkLYIZabWE[/YOUTUBE]
Granny Bear Wrote:What anyone else would do is irrelevant.

What Obama did; however, IS relevant. Appears that he 1-didn't supply the security that the situation clearly needed and was requested; 2-didn't react to the email messages that he started receiving two hours into a seven hour battle; 3-tried to cover up his total disregard of the situation by lying about a damn video (THAT could've led to a big problem; we even debated the hell out of it on BGR) and 4-used the media in his attempt toward the cover up.

YOU even fought diligently trying to convince us that the video was an intrigal part of the problem RealVille.... Even to the point of understanding WHY it was the rationale for the violence.

I can't see your point at all!!!

Bob Seger - according to my sources, you have a huge crush on Candy!! Any truth to the rumor???:lmao:

Your sources???....lol...... Yeah, since the cat's out of the bag now, you better know it. THERE JUST AINT NOTHING THAT GETS BY YOU, GRANNY. Confusednicker:
TheRealVille Wrote:Are you really Hoot? Are you drunk tonight? You are not coherent. What truth could he tell, until he found out for sure? A President cannot shoot from the hip like most republicans do.
:dudecomeon:Are you really this dumb, RV? Think about how silly you sound defending Obama. Obama was sure enough that the terrorist attacks in Benghazi was caused by a Youtube video that he addressed the UN two weeks later. He was so sure that a video was to blame for the attack that he ran a TV ad in Pakistan apologizing for the video on our behalf (of course we picked up the tab).

Yet you are claiming that he could not state that terrorists were to blame for the attack until he was absolutely sure of his facts? Is that really your position?

A man is sitting in jail - serving time as a convenient scapegoat for Obama, after Obama and the State Department blamed him for the violence in Benghazi. He will get his day in court, but it will not come until three days after the election. How convenient!

The State Department and White House were in communication with the officials in Benghazi during the attack. The White House knew that there was no protest that escalated into an attack while the attack was in progress. The staff in Benghazi emailed the White House Situation Room during the attack.

Maybe you just simply do not understand what the Situation Room is, or who may have been present there (or, perhaps more importantly who should have been present).

Quote:[INDENT]The White House Situation Room is a 5,000-square-foot (460 m2)[1]conference room and intelligence management center in the basement of the West Wing of the White House. It is run by the National Security Council staff for the use of the President of the United States and his advisors (including the National Security Advisor, the Deputy for Homeland Security and the White House Chief of Staff) to monitor and deal with crises at home and abroad and to conduct secure communications with outside (often overseas) persons. The Situation Room is equipped with secure, advanced communications equipment for the President to maintain command and control of U.S. forces around the world. - (from Wikipedia)
[/INDENT]
This is a very simple scandal with a botched, simple-minded cover-up that is ongoing.

Brace yourself, RV. As soon as Democratic Senators and Representatives come to grips with the fact that there is no way for Obama to win a second term, you are going to see a rebellion as those politicians turn on your man to save their own skins.

Scandals like this have a pretty predictable life cycle. This is a huge scandal that will drag Obama's poll numbers down in Ohio, and as Ohio goes, so goes the election.
They also had a live feed video from a drone. That will come out next.
TheRealVille Wrote:http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/1...ter-libya/

I heard that interview in it's entirety. The question has never been whether we knew "precisely" what the situation was on the ground. Neither was there ever any question about the timing or severity of the attack. Condi sidestepped Gretta's question. Precise conditions on the ground not withstanding, the White House and long list of administration officials who tried to divert attention from their own culpability for the lack of security in Libya, (substantiated by letters and cables from the consulate, along with the sworn testimony of State Department official Charlene Lamb and other documentation supporting the fact that Stevens had asked on numerous occassions for more security personnel) are a matter of record. How did they try to divert attention from themselves? The previously mentioned officials went on national TV and before the United Nations to declare the attack the result of a spontaneous reaction to the video. Condi knew where Gretta wanted her to go and just refused to go there. Opting instead to blow a little diplomatic smoke.

Having heard Rice speak on several occasions in the past IMO she thought it best not to go into the matter on specifics. She's not somebody prone to controversy. BTW, here's the mantra of your source;
"ThinkProgress brings you hard-hitting progressive political news and analysis"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I heard that interview in it's entirety. The question has never been whether we knew "precisely" what the situation was on the ground. Neither was there ever any question about the timing or severity of the attack. Condi sidestepped Gretta's question. Precise conditions on the ground not withstanding, the White House and long list of administration officials who tried to divert attention from their own culpability for the lack of security in Libya, (substantiated by letters and cables from the consulate, along with the sworn testimony of State Department official Charlene Lamb and other documentation supporting the fact that Stevens had asked on numerous occassions for more security personnel) are a matter of record. How did they try to divert attention from themselves? The previously mentioned officials went on national TV and before the United Nations to declare the attack the result of a spontaneous reaction to the video. Condi knew where Gretta wanted her to go and just refused to go there. Opting instead to blow a little diplomatic smoke.

Having heard Rice speak on several occasions in the past IMO she thought it best not to go into the matter on specifics. She's not somebody prone to controversy. BTW, here's the mantra of your source;
"ThinkProgress brings you hard-hitting [B]progressive
political news and analysis"[/B]
I just happened to see it on my google news feed I thought, with all the far right wing conservative stuff all of you, mostly Hoot, post, it was fair game to post it. I never hear you bitch at Hoot for his far right links.
TheRealVille Wrote:I just happened to see it on my google news feed I thought, with all the far right wing conservative stuff all of you, mostly Hoot, post, it was fair game to post it. I never hear you bitch at Hoot for his far right links.
:hilarious: ThinkProgress.com? Really? That is almost as bad as posting links to Obama's official campaign website. What's next, Media Matters?
Hoot Gibson Wrote::hilarious: ThinkProgress.com? Really? That is almost as bad as posting links to Obama's official campaign website. What's next, Media Matters?
What about your right wing sites you post? I think we discussed a couple of them not long ago?
TheRealVille Wrote:What about your right wing sites you post? I think we discussed a couple of them not long ago?
Anything that you post from ThinkProgress or the Obama website is an opinion. Tens of thousands of daily commuters, including many Washington politicians and bureaucrats read the Examiner everyday on the Metro. Your struggle to distinguish fact from fiction and news from commentary never ceases to amaze me. The article that prompted your criticism of me for posting a link to the Examiner was a straight forward report of the results of a new Pennsylvania poll.

Your warm embrace of Gallup's polls as long as they showed Obama in the lead is another example of how you let your political beliefs cloud your judgment. Did you notice that I declared Obama the winner of the third debate? Did you read my criticsm of his performance? That is the difference between us, RV. I am an independent thinker. I don't need anybody or any party to tell me what my opinion should be. I was not alone among conservative posters on this forum criticizing Romney's responses in the third debate. It is dangerous to grant blind allegiance to a politician in a democracy.

How often have you publicly criticized Obama for anything? I am pretty sure that you would need only a single hand to count those occasions and you would have some digits left over. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Anything that you post from ThinkProgress or the Obama website is an opinion. Tens of thousands of daily commuters, including many Washington politicians and bureaucrats read the Examiner everyday on the Metro. Your struggle to distinguish fact from fiction and news from commentary never ceases to amaze me. The article that prompted your criticism of me for posting a link to the Examiner was a straight forward report of the results of a new Pennsylvania poll.

Your warm embrace of Gallup's polls as long as they showed Obama in the lead is another example of how you let your political beliefs cloud your judgment. Did you notice that I declared Obama the winner of the third debate? Did you read my criticsm of his performance? That is the difference between us, RV. I am an independent thinker. I don't need anybody or any party to tell me what my opinion should be. I was not alone among conservative posters on this forum criticizing Romney's responses in the third debate. It is dangerous to grant blind allegiance to a politician in a democracy.

How often have you publicly criticized Obama for anything? I am pretty sure that you would need only a single hand to count those occasions and you would have some digits left over. :biggrin:
The video is there, plain to see what Ms. Rice said. BTW, you never miss an opportunity to post bad stuff about the democrat party, but I never see you post any of the good. Go figure.
Hoot, you've been a far right winger since you were able to vote. Don't give us that free thinker stuff. You only agree with conservative principles, some of us don't.
TheRealVille Wrote:The video is there, plain to see what Ms. Rice said. BTW, you never miss an opportunity to post bad stuff about the democrat party, but I never see you post any of the good. Go figure.
Yet another untrue post. For starters, you can read my comments about George McGovern's death in the thread that you started. As for Condi Rice's comments, she is certainly entitled to her opinion, but UN Ambassador Susan Rice's lies on five different TV shows on a single day, in which she repeated the fabrication that the attacks were triggered by a Youtube video are far more relevant to this thread.

Do you really believe that Obama or any other adult in his administration ever believed that a Youtube video precipitated the Benghazi attack? Be serious. Be honest. Did you ever believe that lie?
BTW, Obama has always been ahead with registered voters on gallup. I just got tired of posting the same stuff, over and over.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yet another untrue post. For starters, you can read my comments about George McGovern's death in the thread that you started. As for Condi Rice's comments, she is certainly entitled to her opinion, but UN Ambassador Susan Rice's lies on five different TV shows on a single day, in which she repeated the fabrication that the attacks were triggered by a Youtube video are far more relevant to this thread.

Do you really believe that Obama or any other adult in his administration ever believed that a Youtube video precipitated the Benghazi attack? Be serious. Be honest. Did you ever believe that lie?
It takes time to figure stuff out. Yes, I think they thought the video had something to do with it.
Excuse me for awhile. I'm going to the backyard, to listen to The Band, grill some meat, and drink a few brews.
TheRealVille Wrote:Hoot, you've been a far right winger since you were able to vote. Don't give us that free thinker stuff. You only agree with conservative principles, some of us don't.
I believe in conservative principles. What Obama is doing to cover-up what happened in Benghazi has nothing to do with right and left - it is clearly a case of right and wrong. Ditto for the stonewalling that Obama is doing on the Fast and Furious scandal.

I support politicians when they act in accordance with my conservative principles. I don't expect elected officials to govern exactly like I would but my principles are not malleable - I don't go "all in" for any candidate and defend him or her in the face of evidence of incompetence or wrong doing.

I strongly criticized John McCain and he will always be among my least favorite politicians. I hated voting for him in 2008 but I knew what kind of a failure Obama would be. I vote for politicians who are imperfect but I do not deny that the imperfections exist.

In contrast, you seem to be willing to excuse every misstep that Obama makes. Anybody who cannot criticize Obama's attempted cover-up of what really happened in Benghazi should not be criticizing anybody's objectivity. Yet, here you are doing it anyway.
TheRealVille Wrote:BTW, Obama has always been ahead with registered voters on gallup. I just got tired of posting the same stuff, over and over.
Registered voter polls are irrelevant and that is why Gallup and other reputable organization shift to likely voter polls as the elections near. They know that such polls are less accurate and by this time, you must realize it too. Thank you for not spamming us with more useless poll numbers.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Registered voter polls are irrelevant and that is why Gallup and other reputable organization shift to likely voter polls as the elections near. They know that such polls are less accurate and by this time, you must realize it too. Thank you for not spamming us with more useless poll numbers.

Speaking of polls...I heard a poll today that had Romney leading with independents by double digits. Every poll had Romney with a big lead. Isn't that a complete 180 from 2008 when Obama had/got a majority of independents? Interesting.
TheRealVille Wrote:It takes time to figure stuff out. Yes, I think they thought the video had something to do with it.

I agree, it DOES take some time to figure out exactly what happened.

So before they did figure it out, why was the video used as an excuse? Knowing full well that the video theory was at best a "guess", they flaunted it publicly. This was a situation ripe with racism and inflammatory situations that could've ended in some devistating results.

Nobody cared....an excuse to help them buy time. I think it's disgusting.
Leon Panetta came out and described that those commenting on the situation are a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks. Since he is using sports anology, how about this question. Then why didn't those in charge pay attention to the scouting reports?

Leon Panetta is a disgrace to this country.
Granny Bear Wrote:I agree, it DOES take some time to figure out exactly what happened.

So before they did figure it out, why was the video used as an excuse? Knowing full well that the video theory was at best a "guess", they flaunted it publicly. This was a situation ripe with racism and inflammatory situations that could've ended in some devistating results.

Bob Seger Wrote:Leon Panetta came out and described that those commenting on the situation are a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks. Since he is using sports anology, how about this question. Then why didn't those in charge pay attention to the scouting reports?

Granny, it might take more time to figure out every last detail but, it looks like they've had the truth of it from the first night when the president met with top officials in the White House situation room at about 5:30pm on 9/11, in attendance was no less than the Sec of Defense, Leon Panetta. Two destroyers were 'moved' off the coast of Libya, believe me, that takes some clout to make happen. One just doesn't move warships around like calling a cab.

But it gets even worse. Heard earlier that during the six hours and twenty minutes of fighting, requests for help were ignored or denied over and over. The ex navy seals that eventually gave their lives were told to stand down three times, when they asked if they could go help Stevens, who was one mile away in the safe room at the consulate. You know what's going on here, this administration did not want to have to deploy forces in Libya because of the political ramifications to Obama out on the campaign trail declaring "Bin Laden is dead" and "Al Qaeda is on the run" IMO. The combatants were in direct contact with military higher ups, the Ambassador was in direct contact with state department officials, it's a total disgrace. Matter of fact, a drone already airborn over Libya was vectored to the compound where it remained on station sending back real time video to the military commanders and the situation room. At some point the first drone was joined by a second drone, both capable of sending real time video to the situation room at the White House, according to FOX News. Helicopters were within range to assist and troops were within a one hour eta. Panetta looks to be bought and paid for. We had real time intel and it was as good as they could have expected to have. With ex navy seals and a US ambassador on the phone for hours pleading for help, and aerial surveilance, what else could military responders possibly need? I mean, I thought that was the whole idea of the drone surveilance, real time overflight of battlefield situations. Anybody who still thinks this country is not in peril under present leadership really needs to get their head examined. Is it possible America turned it's back on her foreign diplomats while in harm's way for the sake of a political campaign?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:I agree, it DOES take some time to figure out exactly what happened.

Publicly blaming the video delayed the realization by the electorate that Romney was absolutely right on all counts when he spoke publicly about the attack the first time. By delaying the truth from coming out, Obama was able to attack Romney and the producer of the video instead of the real villains. Pure politics at its very worst and the more we learn about what happened, the worse it gets for Obama.
Bob Seger Wrote:Leon Panetta came out and described that those commenting on the situation are a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks. Since he is using sports anology, how about this question. Then why didn't those in charge pay attention to the scouting reports?

You are exactly right, Bob - but I would be shocked if the decision was not Valerie Jarrett's, approved by Obama, with a good measure of "plausible" deniability tossed in. The thing is, very few people are finding any of the various versions of the events told by Obama and his minions plausible at all. The POTUS is approaching the Boy Who Cried Wolf in terms of credibility - except the BWCW finally told the truth but nobody believed him. I don't think that we will ever hear the truth about what happened pass Obama's lips.
Hey RealVille,are you tired yet? I think after this election is over,win or lose TheRealVille will collapse from exhaustion from being on the defense of Obama for so long. I think that if you feel the need to defend someone this much then you need to take a step back and take a close look at this person and ask if he is worth defending. I think TRV could be a troll for this political thread because he claims he is from kentucky and he knows so much about coal, but I question this. I have family who work for Kentucky Power in my county of Lawrence and they know the truth. The power plant in Lawrence county is talking about closing the door's because they can't afford the scrubber system. Do you know how many people work at that plant? I seriously question if you are even from Kentucky if you seriously believe all the things you say you do. I think you are out of touch with the views and opinions of this state.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Hey RealVille,are you tired yet? I think after this election is over,win or lose TheRealVille will collapse from exhaustion from being on the defense of Obama for so long. I think that if you feel the need to defend someone this much then you need to take a step back and take a close look at this person and ask if he is worth defending. I think TRV could be a troll for this political thread because he claims he is from kentucky and he knows so much about coal, but I question this. I have family who work for Kentucky Power in my county of Lawrence and they know the truth. The power plant in Lawrence county is talking about closing the door's because they can't afford the scrubber system. Do you know how many people work at that plant? I seriously question if you are even from Kentucky if you seriously believe all the things you say you do. I think you are out of touch with the views and opinions of this state.
If they can't afford the scrubbers, why did they say they could pay the fines for the last 5-6 years, and come out better. If you are looking for me to have sympathy for AEP Big Sandy, you are barking up the wrong tree. I remember some of the words their big shot lawyers, and higher ups said in court once. I could give a damn less if they close their doors tomorrow. They are one of the companies that knowingly did stuff back in the 60-70's, and over the years, that are the reason my dad is dead now.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next