Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top players in the 13th
Who are the better players in the 13th region this year?
According to Cats Pause it is:

1. Cheyenne Madden
2. Maci Morris
3. Brandy Smith
4. Miranda Wilson
5. Brooklyn Massingale
6. Bethany Powers
7. Morgan Chestnut
8. Taylor Arthur
9. Jenna Mills
10. Jourdan Ledford

These are very talented players, but I think there are a couple more that could easily compete with these girls.

You start these posts about "Who are the better coaches in the 13th" and "Who are the better players in the 13th, but you never give your opinion....Who do you think?
Kandace Craig from Whitley Co. should be on this list. She is 6'1" solid muscle and has played National Level AAU for Kentucky Premier the last 2 years. People will know her name before this season is over! GO KANDACE!!!:AngelPray
Quote:Kandace Craig from Whitley Co. should be on this list
Not until she proves she belongs with that group. We will see how she does this year. She is behind 3 very good post players imo and has alot to prove on the court in the 13th region.
Hitters_Count Wrote:Not until she proves she belongs with that group. We will see how she does this year. She is behind 3 very good post players imo and has alot to prove on the court in the 13th region.

Since you have such great insight into her abilities, please tell us when she has ever been outplayed head to head by any of the three you mention? Obviously, you must have some facts to back up your opinion. How many of your three played national level AAU the last two years? What are your credentials to make such a statement?

:pondering:
He has the coaches and the media and the stats to back him up.
You've been saying the same thing for three seasons now and it's getting old. That's all you talk about on here, so obviously there's some sort of personal connection.
Craig has a lot of potential and good size. Maybe this is the year she moves up there, but she hasn't done it yet.
Madden, Chesnut and Arthur are all better post players than Craig. They are tested and tried players at the position. I forgot Evans from HC. Woolum exploited the fact that Craig couldnt defend a quicker post out on the floor. Didnt she(Craig) miss a point blank drop step move to the basket untouched that would have given WC the win over NL in the region last year? Great players, make great plays!
Here are the stats reported for 7 of the post players returning to their teams this year.
Player ppg rpg
Madden 18.4 9.7
Arthur 12.3 11.3
Chesnut 8.6 6.2
Evans 6.0 8.7
Craig 7.4 6.0
Disney 4.4 6.0
Carnes 3.5 6.1

Evans and Craig are virtually a wash, but clearly you can see she is middle of the pack up to this point in her career. She may come out and establish she is one the best in the
13th this year, but that remains to be seen. Dont get me wrong, she has huge upside and potential. Playing on AAU teams can be deceiving. I do wish her all the best, but she has much to prove and WC needs her to do so in order to win a Region title this year.
Hitters_Count Wrote:Madden, Chesnut and Arthur are all better post players than Craig. They are tested and tried players at the position. I forgot Evans from HC. Woolum exploited the fact that Craig couldnt defend a quicker post out on the floor. Didnt she(Craig) miss a point blank drop step move to the basket untouched that would have given WC the win over NL in the region last year? Great players, make great plays!
I think you better go back and look at the picture that was in the paper for this last shot. You will clearly see she did not shoot untouched! Also, WC would not have been in this position needing a last shot if she had been allowed to stay on the floor and play. It's clear you have an agenda against her.....we will see what happens in the future.

:Clap:
Hitters_Count Wrote:Here are the stats reported for 7 of the post players returning to their teams this year.
Player ppg rpg
Madden 18.4 9.7
Arthur 12.3 11.3
Chesnut 8.6 6.2
Evans 6.0 8.7
Craig 7.4 6.0
Disney 4.4 6.0
Carnes 3.5 6.1

Evans and Craig are virtually a wash, but clearly you can see she is middle of the pack up to this point in her career. She may come out and establish she is one the best in the
13th this year, but that remains to be seen. Dont get me wrong, she has huge upside and potential. Playing on AAU teams can be deceiving. I do wish her all the best, but she has much to prove and WC needs her to do so in order to win a Region title this year.
Not bad stats considering she averaged less than a half a game playing time all last season because of that great coach she has at WC. AAU is not deceiving....they let the girls play and they play against the best! High School is DECEIVING DUE TO ALL THE POLITICS!!!!! I can't wait to see what you have to say on college signing day....it's going to be real interesting seeing just how smart you are. No offense......:igiveup:
HDE Wrote:He has the coaches and the media and the stats to back him up.
You've been saying the same thing for three seasons now and it's getting old. That's all you talk about on here, so obviously there's some sort of personal connection.
Craig has a lot of potential and good size. Maybe this is the year she moves up there, but she hasn't done it yet.
Coaching has alot to do with how well a player plays and what she is allowed to do. Anderson is a guard coach and knows no other way to coach. I will continue to promote this girl because she deserves it.....and my connection is "I AM A HUGE FAN AND KNOW TALENT WHEN I SEE IT!" If you think it is getting old then stop reading my posts!!

:why:
most of the time with aau it doesnt matter how talented you are its about how much money they can squeeze out of you
Brandy Smith.....that is all.
I was there, she missed a wide open move to the bucket. She played sparely due to the fact that she couldnt guard Ashely Woolum in the open court. NL exploited her lack of foot speed my friend. Had she stayed in the game, NL would have won by a large margain. I have no agenda against her, just tired of the same old crap you keep throwing about how great she is on the boards here with nothing to back it up. She may turn out to be a very good player someday, but she is yet unproven. I agree, alot of NAIA schools will take a chance on a girl with her size and I hope she plays at the next level, but to act like she is going to be recruited by big time colleges is pretty outrageous until she is recognized as one of the top players in her own region.
Hitters_Count Wrote:I was there, she missed a wide open move to the bucket. She played sparely due to the fact that she couldnt guard Ashely Woolum in the open court. NL exploited her lack of foot speed my friend. Had she stayed in the game, NL would have won by a large margain. I have no agenda against her, just tired of the same old crap you keep throwing about how great she is on the boards here with nothing to back it up. She may turn out to be a very good player someday, but she is yet unproven. I agree, alot of NAIA schools will take a chance on a girl with her size and I hope she plays at the next level, but to act like she is going to be recruited by big time colleges is pretty outrageous until she is recognized as one of the top players in her own region.

First of all, lets clarify something you keep saying....Woolum was not a post player she was a guard. Second, Woolum played the whole game and had 7 points! WOW! Third, Craig played less than a half and had 10 points! Fourth, Having Craig out in front court guarding a GUARD was just plain STUPID COACHING from a coach who had his own daughter agenda going on! Fifth, she is one of the top players in the region despite your worthless opinion and barring injury will play at the next level. Sixth, you act like you know this girl...how do you know she in not being recruited by big time colleges already? Do you have a crystal ball or are you checking her mail daily? Seventh, I have checked your other posts on this site and all you know how to do is run your negative mouth about everyone else's opinions as if YOU are the all knowing cat daddy! Eight, do us all a favor and stop trashing young girls on this site for your twisted enjoyment!! Enough said...:haters:
Madden is the best, in my opinion
Quote:First of all, lets clarify something you keep saying....Woolum was not a post player she was a guard. Second, Woolum played the whole game and had 7 points! WOW! Third, Craig played less than a half and had 10 points! Fourth, Having Craig out in front court guarding a GUARD was just plain STUPID COACHING from a coach who had his own daughter agenda going on! Fifth, she is one of the top players in the region despite your worthless opinion and barring injury will play at the next level. Sixth, you act like you know this girl...how do you know she in not being recruited by big time colleges already? Do you have a crystal ball or are you checking her mail daily? Seventh, I have checked your other posts on this site and all you know how to do is run your negative mouth about everyone else's opinions as if YOU are the all knowing cat daddy! Eight, do us all a favor and stop trashing young girls on this site for your twisted enjoyment!! Enough
Relax chief, Woolum was the post for NL, you did see her beat Craig off the dribble and made the rest of the girls collapse to stop her when she dished it to the 3-pt. shooters. Good game plan imo. Once again, she HASNT proven she belongs with the elite players in the region. She may this year, who knows. I havent trashed talked her, I have simply made obvious statements that the coaches and writers in this region have already said about the girl. I wish her nothing but the best, you need to back up and take a really deep breath. I stated I believed she would play at the next lvl., if that is trash talking, I would hope she would be pleased. You know what they say about opinions, the are like @ssholes and you have a big stinky one when it comes to this player. Much love for you and your daughter, gf or whatever she is to you. Im done talking to someone who doesnt understand the game or player progression. Smith and Powers are the best 2 players on that team IMO. Peace out all great knowing Wizzard......Muwhahaha
I hate that Basketball Wizard continually brings up Craig in these posts. It forces the others to defend their opinion as to why Craig is not on their list and a high school kid gets slammed in the process. Hope she doesn't read these.
YNWA Wrote:I hate that Basketball Wizard continually brings up Craig in these posts. It forces the others to defend their opinion as to why Craig is not on their list and a high school kid gets slammed in the process. Hope she doesn't read these.

The name of this thread is "Top Players in the 13th". With the first comment asking who are the better players in the 13th. I gave my opinion, didn't say any other girl did not belong on any lists. Just that Craig should be there....my opinion. People don't have to be pricks and jerks and start slamming a great player and person because someone thinks she is outstanding and is being overlooked by the supposed experts who work in the media. If they are such experts on talent, why aren't they coaching or recruiting for some college somewhere? The answer is.....it's their opinion....just like mine. Guess what I can write too and the last time I looked we still had freedom of speech and freedom of the press! All the crap that has been said by big buttholes hasn't changed one thing. She is still a great player and will go places....just wait and see.....:betterthanexpected:
My top 5 individual players:

Morris - Bell Co
Madden - Clay Co
Smith - Whitley Co
Wilson - Corbin
Stephany - Middlesboro
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:The name of this thread is "Top Players in the 13th". With the first comment asking who are the better players in the 13th. I gave my opinion, didn't say any other girl did not belong on any lists. Just that Craig should be there....my opinion. People don't have to be pricks and jerks and start slamming a great player and person because someone thinks she is outstanding and is being overlooked by the supposed experts who work in the media. If they are such experts on talent, why aren't they coaching or recruiting for some college somewhere? The answer is.....it's their opinion....just like mine. Guess what I can write too and the last time I looked we still had freedom of speech and freedom of the press! All the crap that has been said by big buttholes hasn't changed one thing. She is still a great player and will go places....just wait and see.....:betterthanexpected:

It is a coaches poll.
HDE Wrote:It is a coaches poll.

I wonder how many coaches actually vote in these things. Because someone voted Coach Mills from Knox Central as coach of the year in the 13th region last year, he beat two [2] teams with a winning record.He had one of the best post players in the region, and IMO the second best player in the region this year In Mills. So who ever voted sure didn't put much thought into it.
1 Madden Clay County
2 Mills Knox Central
3 Morris Bell County
4 Powers Whitley County
5 Smith Whitley County
6 Massingill Harlan County
7 Chestnut Clay County
8 Arthur South Laurel
9 Wilson Twins Corbin Can't tell them apart .
10Stephany Middlesboro Raw talent I only saw her play twice but she looked good both times.
If Craig played in a Low Post offense like Madden and Chestnut she would had better chance . I think she has just as much talent as Chestnut,but she dose not have the motor Madden has . Also Craig get frustrated sometimes when they don't get her the ball and she starts loafing,JMO
insideinfo Wrote:I wonder how many coaches actually vote in these things. Because someone voted Coach Mills from Knox Central as coach of the year in the 13th region last year, he beat two [2] teams with a winning record.He had one of the best post players in the region, and IMO the second best player in the region this year In Mills. So who ever voted sure didn't put much thought into it.

The Cats Pause preseason poll was quoted. It doesn't include a coach of the year.
Most of the coaches vote in the Cats Pause poll. The story usually lists how many votes were counted.
HDE Wrote:The Cats Pause preseason poll was quoted. It doesn't include a coach of the year.
Most of the coaches vote in the Cats Pause poll. The story usually lists how many votes were counted.

Would you have voted him 13th region COY last year?
I would have picked Burchell or Nolan
Quote:1 Madden Clay County
2 Mills Knox Central
3 Morris Bell County
4 Powers Whitley County
5 Smith Whitley County
6 Massingill Harlan County
7 Chestnut Clay County
8 Arthur South Laurel
9 Wilson Twins Corbin Can't tell them apart .

I have never seen the Mills girl that high in anyones rankings, I saw her play last year a couple of times I thought she was very good.
I agree 100% on burchell and nolan
hitters_count Wrote:i have never seen the mills girl that high in anyones rankings, i saw her play last year a couple of times i thought she was very good.

when you play for one of the worst coaches in the state you get no respect.
Morris at Bell is best player hands down. Maybe one of the top 5 in state. Rated top 30 in America in her class by most recruiting services in America. Most of these Cats Pause writers never see a game on a National level in the summer and the writers are not talent scouts or coaches and that's why some people take offense to some of the comments by both the writers and posters here. Most don't have a clue.