Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top teams in NKY
I'm new to NKY middle school basketball and admittedly don't know a lot about the game. Who are the best teams in the area 6th, 7th, and 8th grade?
For 8th grade the dominat district is district one with Gray,Ockerman and Grant County all three in which are very talented teams!
Summitview 8th grade boys will be solid and twenhofel 8th grade boys will be more competitive with their newest team mate
whos twenhofels newest member?
Conner 7th grade boys will be very good again. They have good guards and a big center.

As far as 6th grade boys teams...Grey has two big kids who play very well. IHM should be good, and keep Conner's 6th grade on your radar. Number 4 for Conner sees the court very well for his age.

The pre-season tourney at Llyod was fun to watch, saw a lot of good young players who should be better by the end of the year.
Turkeyfoot and Ockerman played last night.

Ockerman won both the 7th & 8th grade games.

In 8th grade after being down 20 Tfoot cut it to 6 with less than 2 mins. left in the game to make it interesting.

Nice pick up in the offseason by Ockerman ( used to play at Walton ), #22....have been told he's one of the best in NKY!
Baller24 Wrote:For 8th grade the dominat district is district one with Gray,Ockerman and Grant County all three in which are very talented teams!

Summit View 8th was all over Grant County 8th grade last night. SV started on a 21 to 1 run and went on to win 60-32.
Grant lost there big man in the first quarter and there star player was just not performing at the level he should have been..just a bad game for grant county but summit view is a very skilled team!!!
Baller24 Wrote:Grant lost there big man in the first quarter and there star player was just not performing at the level he should have been..just a bad game for grant county but summit view is a very skilled team!!!

I was a little surprised that Zach was laid back in that game. I know in AAU he gets after it. He is a nice player. Timmy and JC both had nice games for Summit View. Going to be fun to watch them go after each other in high school next four years.
I know zach didnt seem himself last night.only scoring 11..but the kid is very skilled when he plays to his full potiental!
Ockerman's 7th and 8th have both looked pretty good. I think they have Twenhofel on Monday. Should be a good test.
SVMS Wrote:I was a little surprised that Zach was laid back in that game. I know in AAU he gets after it. He is a nice player. Timmy and JC both had nice games for Summit View. Going to be fun to watch them go after each other in high school next four years.

Zach was playing on the level he should last night against woodland scoring&dominating the boards and also play great defense!but sadly in the fourth quarter he had to be carried off the court because of his ankle..he was unable to walk himself out of the gym..hope he is alright
Ockerman's 6th, 7th and 8th grade teams beat Twenhofel. 8th grade game was pretty close.
7th has plenty of talent and just grind it out for 4 quarters. lots of hustle and hard nosed play.
I've seen Conners 8th grade team blow out their opponents so far. But Turkeyfoot is up next for them. Gambrel and Spencer are probably a top duo in the league with masons countless assist , and everyone knows Spencers shooting ability. Conner is fast and has alot of potential. I watched their Newport game. If Mason doesn't step up in the points category , I rank Connner 3rd in the league. I've also liked what I've seen in the Connley kid, I don't know his first name. Conner plays Ockerman next week. Which is a rematch of last years final! I've heard the Louden kid is aggressive, Buckler is more of a football player, but is very athletic, the tall kid, I think I heard "Trevor" needs some improvement, and the Indian kid has nice touch. Those 4 need to contribute if Conner wants any chance of beating Sean Mcniel and the hawks!
Also my son played against Gambrel and Mcniels Shining Stars the other day! I counted each of their stats, Gambrel out up 9 with 10 assist his passing ability and his eye looking up the floor is unreal! Mcniel out up 23 and had 9 rebound, a all around shooter that might be impossible to guard
Congrats to the Turkeyfoot Indians who won both 7th & 8th grade games against Conner this evening.

7th grade maintained a double digit lead throughout. The 8th grade deficit was never more than eight points. Conner held a 1 point lead with less than a minute. Turkeyfoot found a way and ended up on top 42-41. TFMS 8th improves to 6-2.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I did watch the Turkeyfoot vs Conner game. Sad to hear Travis is out. But i did have to leave early, i heard mason ended up with 20 or so. He is not only a ball player but a leader. Spencer is a scorer but wasnt money like he usually is behind the arc. I cant see them beating Ockerman or Summit without connley!
Heard Summit beat Conner, im a friend of Kurt , conners head coach. He said that Connley will be missed. I watched the whole game and saw JC had a couple good plays. Without Travis, Mason has to score because with Spencer not being so hot, they have so scorers. Hopefully Mason steps up.
I am suprised to hear see so little playing time out of Wil Garnett, my son played against hiim at turners and he was a solid player. Also, anybody think Ockerman will loose?
Gray gators are 8-0 and there closest game was by 23 to summit view.There quality wins include summit view, woodland, and St.Pius. There a really good team with a great point guard.
i think they might lose to gray middle school there 8-0 and there closest game was 23 points to summit view
Think either gray or ockerman is the best team in nky
Gray is 8-0 and there closest game was 23 points to summit view there a really good team.
Interested to see how the season progresses around NKY. Good Players playing along side good players at many schools, can they become a team?
I think gray will beat ockerman, gray is 8-0 and there closest victory was a 23 point victory to summit view
Ryle freshman team will be unstoppable next year!Webster,Chesseman,Angel and alot of other good players!Also heard Zach Tuggle from Grant county could be moving there!
I haven't seen much mention of Adam Kunkel for Conner. This kid is an amazing scorer. Has a nice jumper, runner, and can shoot outside. He also has good court vision and plays defense.
I watched the Conner/Ockerman game last night, it was really good. Conner won by 2, physical game. If Walters for Conner uses his size better Conner will be really good.
They have lost a couple of games already though, but the end of season is what counts.
ky15 Wrote:I think gray will beat ockerman, gray is 8-0 and there closest victory was a 23 point victory to summit view

Grey lost to Tichnor last week by two.
SVMS Wrote:Grey lost to Tichnor last week by two.

Tichenor has a good group of athletes. Many played football and won the small division NKY football championship this year.

Even the Grays of NKY can get beat on any given evening. After upsetting Conner, Turkeyfoot came out flat and laid an egg losing against St. Agnes.

I would be surprised if Gray and Ockerman finish outside of the top 3. We're almost to the half way point of the season. Turkeyfoot is 8-3...what are the records of the teams you all are following?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I know gray is 9-1