Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
64.71%
Russell County
35.29%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Russell County 2nd Round
rebel 4 life Wrote:Nice post but now put the teams they play up for boyle highlands ,lexcath,john hardin,
For russell county .knox central

The schedules are posted above. There's no way to factor in the opponents strength or the amount of time the 1st string was in. Just the stats at the end of the games they played. I apologize that our schedule wasn't Rebel worthy.
laker20 Wrote:The schedules are posted above. There's no way to factor in the opponents strength or the amount of time the 1st string was in. Just the stats at the end of the games they played. I apologize that our schedule wasn't Rebel worthy.

You know the differences in the schedule is going to be brought up alot in this thread, right? Confusednicker: But rightfully so.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Boyle County Fans...if you like Catfish get down early and go to Coe's Steakhouse in Russell Springs...Best Catfish I have ever had.

Less than 5 minutes from the field.
I second that. We eat there a lot when heading to the lake. Will likely do it again this weekend if we don't tailgate at the school. I do see a lot of Boyle people when I am in there.
Russell Co.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Boyle County Fans...if you like Catfish get down early and go to Coe's Steakhouse in Russell Springs...Best Catfish I have ever had.

This is the type information I look for before a big game. LOL

My father and I were looking for a place to eat before the game. We might have to check that place out. Thanks! :Thumbs:
insideinfo Wrote:This is the type information I look for before a big game. LOL

I second that. Nothing like a good meal before a big game.
I still take Boyle by 21.
How many times has Boyle played on grass this season?
RC by 6.
laker20 Wrote:How many times has Boyle played on grass this season?

Twice marion , whitley
Boyle County has played a much better schedule and is used to playing in games of this magnitude. Russell County is a very good team but they will not be the best, the fastest, biggest or most physical team that the Rebels have faced all season. Boyle County will be the best team that Russell County has faced. However, the Lakers are at home and this is the biggest game in the history of the program. I think they will be sky high and I think that will carry them for awhile. In the end I think the Rebels schedule and experience will be key in a 35-21 win.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Boyle County has played a much better schedule and is used to playing in games of this magnitude. Russell County is a very good team but they will not be the best, the fastest, biggest or most physical team that the Rebels have faced all season. Boyle County will be the best team that Russell County has faced. However, the Lakers are at home and this is the biggest game in the history of the program. I think they will be sky high and I think that will carry them for awhile. In the end I think the Rebels schedule and experience will be key in a 35-21 win.

I agree with most of your assessment, but there are a couple of crucial factors that may come in to effect.

First, Boyle Co's program expects that the teams play for state championships each and every season. It's kind of like UK Basketball. That puts a lot of pressure on the BC players.....awfully big shoes to follow.

For Russell County, they have exceeded the expectations this year...we are in bonus time and playing extremely loose. Of course the team wants to win, and keep winning, but they can do so without all the pressure and expectations from the fans and those around the program.

Second, Boyle may have faced teams that are better, faster, bigger, and more physical, but I'm not sure they've faced a team that brings so many of those qualities along with a dominant running back like Nick Britt. If they don't load up to stop him, he will score at will.....if they do load up, then the Lakers have a whole host of other very good weapons. It's a very difficult defensive task.
Just wondering, but suppose RC wins this region, does that mean you all will never question the whole schedule thing again? (I doubt it) Because no matter who you play, its very different when you actually play each other....
Boyle has the ability to really put a hurting on RC. It depends on how the RC players react to being smacked in the mouth early. I expect it to be close, or BC by a mile. We will know in a few days. Boyle could beat either FTH or LC right now if they play well and not turn the ball over.
laker20 Wrote:I agree with most of your assessment, but there are a couple of crucial factors that may come in to effect.

First, Boyle Co's program expects that the teams play for state championships each and every season. It's kind of like UK Basketball. That puts a lot of pressure on the BC players.....awfully big shoes to follow.

For Russell County, they have exceeded the expectations this year...we are in bonus time and playing extremely loose. Of course the team wants to win, and keep winning, but they can do so without all the pressure and expectations from the fans and those around the program. Second, Boyle may have faced teams that are better, faster, bigger, and more physical, but I'm not sure they've faced a team that brings so many of those qualities along with a dominant running back like Nick Britt. If they don't load up to stop him, he will score at will.....if they do load up, then the Lakers have a whole host of other very good weapons. It's a very difficult defensive task.

The expectations from all that I have heard was this is the year for the Lakers to make some noise in the playoffs. Just a win over Marion County will not be sastisfying. The expectations for this team has been high all year. A one and done season would be a huge disappointment. I'm not buying the bonus time. There will be tons of pressure on all players to perform Friday night. IMO the team that wins Friday night, is the team that can handle the pressure.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Just wondering, but suppose RC wins this region, does that mean you all will never question the whole schedule thing again? (I doubt it) Because no matter who you play, its very different when you actually play each other....

You have to beat the best to be the best!
I don't know what to think about this game. My heart thinks Russell but my brain thinks Boyle. A lot of people say that the O is the best thing for Boyle this year. If this game turns out as a score fest then I like Russell because they can flat out put the points on the scoreboard.
Lake Trash Wrote:Boyle has the ability to really put a hurting on RC. It depends on how the RC players react to being smacked in the mouth early. I expect it to be close, or BC by a mile. We will know in a few days. Boyle could beat either FTH or LC right now if they play well and not turn the ball over.

This could be said either way....the Lakers have the ability to put a real hurting on the Rebels as well. If we bring our A game on both sides of the ball, then Boyle better have theirs as well.

Jack Lambert Wrote:You have to beat the best to be the best!

This year the rebels have played the best, and lost all three times. So what are you saying?.........I'm Confused.
laker20 Wrote:This could be said either way....the Lakers have the ability to put a real hurting on the Rebels as well. If we bring our A game on both sides of the ball, then Boyle better have theirs as well.

This year the rebels have played the best, and lost all three times. So what are you saying?.........I'm Confused.

Some how i think you stay confused.i'm talking about Russell's weak schedule.
laker20 Wrote:This could be said either way....the Lakers have the ability to put a real hurting on the Rebels as well. If we bring our A game on both sides of the ball, then Boyle better have theirs as well.

On the first part... that is why I did not say it either way. Either Boyle wins by a lot or by a little. They win regardless. I don't think RC has that ability, but we'll see come Friday. On the second part, those teams regarded as the best are a whole ton better than the best teams that RC have played this year by far. FTH was ranked the best in the state for most of the year and may likely still be that team. BC had the better of them for on half and then made a couple of mistakes that would not likely happen now. Don't get me wrong, FTH would likely still beat our Rebels today, but they could lose as well. They are the real deal... BC beats LC the next time they play if they do. I remember the 2001 season when we played the Rock for the 3A title. The Rock faithful were just crazy conviced they would hammer us. After the game I recall an older lady crying and yelling at me from across the parking lot that they would be back the next year and we would be history. Well you all know the rest.. we whipped them again! This is just my humble opinon and we all know what those are like.
Just an observation from outside...Boyle lost to Danville, RC handled Knox fairly easily. KC won against a pretty good Harlan County on an obvious off night...I think RC might have a better chance than most suggest.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I don't know what to think about this game. My heart thinks Russell but my brain thinks Boyle. A lot of people say that the O is the best thing for Boyle this year. If this game turns out as a score fest then I like Russell because they can flat out put the points on the scoreboard.

Russell is gonna see by far the best offense,and defense friday night that they have seen all season.they have not played anybody even close to being as good as Boyle this year,but on the other hand Boyle has played 3 teams that are much better than Russell IMO.Believe me Boyle is battle tested,and they have learned from those games.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I don't.
I do. This Russell Offense is pretty good. I believe that Knox Central has a better Defense then Boyle and one of the best in 4a yet Russell put up 35 in this game,the same Knox defense who held Harlan Co in 5a to 6 points. With this Russell offense and the fact that they are at home I would bet the farm that Russell can put up at least 28.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I do. This Russell Offense is pretty good. I believe that Knox Central has a better Defense then Boyle and one of the best in 4a yet Russell put up 35 in this game,the same Knox defense who held Harlan Co in 5a to 6 points. With this Russell offense and the fact that they are at home I would bet the farm that Russell can put up at least 28.
Anyone want to make a bet on this? Like maybe an avatar bet?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Some how i think you stay confused.i'm talking about Russell's weak schedule.

You said "You have to beat the best to be the Best" and looking at both teams schedules the best quality win is Russell Co over Knox Central.

So, if you play the best and loose, then what?
Do-double-gg Wrote:I do. This Russell Offense is pretty good. I believe that Knox Central has a better Defense then Boyle and one of the best in 4a yet Russell put up 35 in this game,the same Knox defense who held Harlan Co in 5a to 6 points. With this Russell offense and the fact that they are at home I would bet the farm that Russell can put up at least 28.

I came home early from the game last night,and watched the second half of the Knox Mercer game,and Knox does not have as good a defense as Boyle.Mercer moved the ball better on Knox than on Boyle.i believe the stats will show that i'm right.

I'd take our chances in a second if you told me that Russell County only scores 28 points. I do not disagree with you. The question is how points will the Boyle team put up? I think they only have 1 punt for the last month. Other than that one punt scored everytime.
laker20 Wrote:You said "You have to beat the best to be the Best" and looking at both teams schedules the best quality win is Russell Co over Knox Central.

So, if you play the best and loose, then what?

IMO you can learn more about your team from a loss by playing a great team,than you do playing a weak team and blowing them out.if you don't get tested how are you gonna know where your weakness are.
Bear_Paw Wrote:Just an observation from outside...Boyle lost to Danville, RC handled Knox fairly easily. KC won against a pretty good Harlan County on an obvious off night...I think RC might have a better chance than most suggest.

Its not how you start its how you finish. Rebels would kill dville now. The rebels are playing great ball now and their healthy. The rebels have played the best and made adjustments accordingly thats how you get better.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next