Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
64.71%
Russell County
35.29%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Russell County 2nd Round
Rebel55 Wrote:The expectations from all that I have heard was this is the year for the Lakers to make some noise in the playoffs. Just a win over Marion County will not be sastisfying. The expectations for this team has been high all year. A one and done season would be a huge disappointment. I'm not buying the bonus time. There will be tons of pressure on all players to perform Friday night. IMO the team that wins Friday night, is the team that can handle the pressure.

This is where your wrong. Russell Co can loose this Friday night and walk away having had the best season in the programs history, and the team will have a banner hanging for future Lakers to remember what they did in 2012.

If Boyle looses, then it will be the end to a disappointing season and considered a down year for the Rebel program. All of the Seniors will walk away knowing that when they didn't live up to the expectations, and those around the program will hope to forget the 2012 season.
Jack Lambert Wrote:IMO you can learn more about your team from a loss by playing a great team,than you do playing a weak team and blowing them out.if you don't get tested how are you gonna know where your weakness are.

The one thing your team learned from those games that will come in useful this coming Friday, is how to loose gracefully, and then talk up the team that beat you to make the loss look worthy......:lmao:
laker20 Wrote:This is where your wrong. Russell Co can loose this Friday night and walk away having had the best season in the programs history, and the team will have a banner hanging for future Lakers to remember what they did in 2012.

If Boyle looses, then it will be the end to a disappointing season and considered a down year for the Rebel program. All of the Seniors will walk away knowing that when they didn't live up to the expectations, and those around the program will hope to forget the 2012 season.

On Boyle your are correct. The players will be disappointed with a loss. I have some swamp land to sell you if your believe that the Russell County players would not be feeling the same way with a loss. :dontthink Pressure will be on both teams to perform Friday night.
laker20 Wrote:This is where your wrong. Russell Co can loose this Friday night and walk away having had the best season in the programs history, and the team will have a banner hanging for future Lakers to remember what they did in 2012.

So you say Russell can lose this game and be satisfied with thier season,and hang a banner.if Boyle loses they'll be unsatisfied, and so they should be.Boyle expects to compete and win a state title every year.thats the difference in these two programs and thats why Boyle has 7 state titles and Russell has none.
laker20 Wrote:The one thing your team learned from those games that will come in useful this coming Friday, is how to loose gracefully, and then talk up the team that beat you to make the loss look worthy......:lmao:
We don't lose gracefully... we hate losing even more than we love winning. Most BC fans will give the winners all the credit and not make any excuses. The one thing I have learned about HS athletes that things can swing wildly with them. The only constants are the coaches and the adults in their lives. This is where I think BC has the advantage. I am looking forward to this one. It should be fun! If RC beats BC then they should be playing FTH in the Finals with a decent chance to win.
I don't know which will be more entertaining: the game on Friday or reading this thread over the next week

:popcorn:
Jack Lambert Wrote:So you say Russell can lose this game and be satisfied with thier season,and hang a banner.if Boyle loses they'll be unsatisfied, and so they should be.Boyle expects to compete and win a state title every year.thats the difference in these two programs and thats why Boyle has 7 state titles and Russell has none.

^Absolutely, every potential out for the Lakers is to a quality opponent, and all would be a satisfactory end to outstanding football season. We'll proudly display a "District Champion" banner and future teams will set their goal to match the 2012 season.

The pressure of the BC expectations is just what I'm referring to. Our team doesn't belong here (according to most).........so this is bonus time. From this point on, we're the underdog and potential Cinderella.
I'm not saying that Boyle isn't better now then when they got those losses because I think they are, but you want to talk so much about the Russell schedule. Corect me if I'm wrong but don't you think your second half schedule was a little week. Hey now that I think about it that is about when Boyle started to turn things around.

:pondering:

"just sayin"Confusednicker:
laker20 Wrote:^Absolutely, every potential out for the Lakers is to a quality opponent, and all would be a satisfactory end to outstanding football season. We'll proudly display a "District Champion" banner and future teams will set their goal to match the 2012 season. The pressure of the BC expectations is just what I'm referring to. Our team doesn't belong here (according to most).........so this is bonus time. From this point on, we're the underdog and potential Cinderella.

Laker, This is not Russell County's first district football title. I know of atleast 2 more that should be in your trophy case today. I would think that the players walking the hallways would not be satsify unless they have something no other Laker team has, a Regional title, but if you all are on bonus time, I guess I believe you.
Yeah our second half schedule was weaker than the first half,and it's not gonna get any tougher come friday night.Confusednicker:
laker20 Wrote:^Absolutely, every potential out for the Lakers is to a quality opponent, and all would be a satisfactory end to outstanding football season. We'll proudly display a "District Champion" banner and future teams will set their goal to match the 2012 season.

The pressure of the BC expectations is just what I'm referring to. Our team doesn't belong here (according to most).........so this is bonus time. From this point on, we're the underdog and potential Cinderella.

You can look at it that way. You could also look at it like this: BC expects to win these games, and knows how to win these games.
laker20 Wrote:^Absolutely, every potential out for the Lakers is to a quality opponent, and all would be a satisfactory end to outstanding football season. We'll proudly display a "District Champion" banner and future teams will set their goal to match the 2012 season.

I think this is were good teams and great teams differ. Boyle will NEVER be "satisfied" with a loss. Once you start limiting your potential or expectations you are forced to be a mediocre team. Ask any team with the history of teams like Boyle, Highlands, Trinity, Bowling Green, ect. if they would be satisfied with a loss and you would be hard pressed to get a yes answer.
Anyway, i'm truly thankful that you would be satisfied with a loss Friday. I hope Rebel Nation can accomodate you.:Thumbs:
Boyle is not better than Knox this year.an underestimated Lakers team will end the trash talk friday.
QUOTE=pjdoug;1532716]Boyle is not better than Knox this year.an underestimated Lakers team will end the trash talk friday.[/QUOTE]

you've got to be joking.:biglmao:
I don't care what adjustments Boyle has made, there is no excuse for loosing to a very average Danville team.
Rebel55 Wrote:Laker, This is not Russell County's first district football title. I know of atleast 2 more that should be in your trophy case today. I would think that the players walking the hallways would not be satsify unless they have something no other Laker team has, a Regional title, but if you all are on bonus time, I guess I believe you.

Yes, we have a couple of District titles, and I'm sure the team wants to do more, but it's not expected or required to deem this a successful year.
zebra'seyes Wrote:I don't care what adjustments Boyle has made, there is no excuse for loosing to a very average Danville team.

You my friend don't know much about football if you think a team can't improve after the third or fourth game of the season.if Boyle,and Danville played again this season Boyle would blow them out.:ChairHit:
I wonder if this game will be the game of the week in the pick'em?

:pondering:
toolaidback Wrote:I think this is were good teams and great teams differ. Boyle will NEVER be "satisfied" with a loss. Once you start limiting your potential or expectations you are forced to be a mediocre team. Ask any team with the history of teams like Boyle, Highlands, Trinity, Bowling Green, ect. if they would be satisfied with a loss and you would be hard pressed to get a yes answer.
Anyway, i'm truly thankful that you would be satisfied with a loss Friday. I hope Rebel Nation can accomodate you.:Thumbs:

Then I guess being 7-4, the Rebel's have had a very unsatisfactory season........:Shaking:
cuppett777 Wrote:couldnt find out where this one is played, Russell County is undeated,Boyle has 4 loses,but to Lex Cath by 3,Highlands,Danville,and John Hardin,so dont count Boyle out of this one...

There's is no shame to Boyle County's 4 lost. They lost to powerhouse programs and defending state champs and state contenters. Danville, Lex Cath, John Hardin, Highlands. Russell Co. only dreams of playing those type of caliber teams. With that said. Tittle town wins 28-21.
laker20 Wrote:Then I guess being 7-4, the Rebel's have had a very unsatisfactory season........:Shaking:

Exactly, now we're on the same page. But, the season isn't over.:thanks:
Jack Lambert Wrote:You my friend don't know much about football if you think a team can't improve after the third or fourth game of the season.if Boyle,and Danville played again this season Boyle would blow them out.:ChairHit:

Your season seems to be full of IFS. Danville, LexCath, etc. Perhaps will give you one more IF to put in your collection come Friday.
if I'm wrong I was joking lol
laker20 Wrote:Your season seems to be full of IFS. Danville, LexCath, etc. Perhaps will give you one more IF to put in your collection come Friday.

You guys are giving me a headache,i'm going to bed.as far as the IF goes maybe,but probably not.
Another big advantage that Boyle has is a coaching staff that has a proven track record in the playoffs. I am not saying RC has bad coaching, but the advantage has to go to Boyle's staff. New territory for RC's coaching staff, will they crack under pressure? Will they be able to break down game film as well and Boyle? Will they be able to make needed in game and half time adjustments as well and Boyle's staff?
zebra'seyes Wrote:I don't care what adjustments Boyle has made, there is no excuse for loosing to a very average Danville team.

There is No excuse for that loss. It hurt to lose to a cross town rivial. Lucky for us, that loss has no bearing on the 4A playoffs and the Russell County game. We are 1-0 in the new season and playing our best ball right now.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Yeah our second half schedule was weaker than the first half,and it's not gonna get any tougher come friday night.Confusednicker:
All I'm sayin is that the last team you played that was just as good as you beat you and that was Lexington cath. Every win you have is on a team you were supposed to win. With that said how do you know exactly how much better you are until you play one of the top 4a teams. Also remember that yes you did get better as the season went on but all good teams do this and Russell is a good team also.
pjdoug Wrote:Boyle is not better than Knox this year.an underestimated Lakers team will end the trash talk friday.
Whoooo hooooo! That is what I am talking about! I cannot wait.
I agree with that, but them being average... not so sure. They may very well win 2A this year. It will be the winner of them or Somerset. Of course they did end our 47 game winning streak way back in 2002 and we went on to win the State Championship over the Rock for the second time in a row.
The disappointment bowl.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next