Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
64.71%
Russell County
35.29%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Russell County 2nd Round
You dagone right, it will hurt if we loose this game, not gonna happen though, Russell county 35 Boyle county 21.My son is a senior on this laker team and they will not be sattisfied to loose to d**n,Boyle county ,they wanna take it all the way to bg, not gonna be easy, but its gonna be. If yall do tailgate at Russell, try to get there realy early to get a good spot ,ussually the spot by the septic is reserved for visitors.
rc58 Wrote:You dagone right, it will hurt if we loose this game, not gonna happen though, Russell county 35 Boyle county 21.My son is a senior on this laker team and they will not be sattisfied to loose to d**n,Boyle county ,they wanna take it all the way to bg, not gonna be easy, but its gonna be. If yall do tailgate at Russell, try to get there realy early to get a good spot ,ussually the spot by the septic is reserved for visitors.

Wow what a stupid redneck thing to say. :thatsfunn
Do-double-gg Wrote:All I'm sayin is that the last team you played that was just as good as you beat you and that was Lexington cath. Every win you have is on a team you were supposed to win. With that said how do you know exactly how much better you are until you play one of the top 4a teams. Also remember that yes you did get better as the season went on but all good teams do this and Russell is a good team also.

I agree Russell is a good team or they wouldn't be undefeated,but if Boyle had played thier schedule they would be undefeated to with a bunch of blowouts,but what have you learned from those blowouts when you had no competion at all.until your team comes under fire,and the games on the line,and they have to dig deep to possiblely pull out the win how do you know what kind of heart or character they have.you learn alot more from these situations than you do from a bunch of blowouts.Russell has not been tested like this all season by a team thats possiblely better than them.when it happens,and it's gonna happen friday night how will they respond.believe me Boyle has been in these situations and they'll know how to handle it.IMO thats where Russells weak schedule is gonna come back to bight'em in the rear.thats why i say you have to beat the best to be the best,and if you don't play the best how can you be prepared when the situation arises.
sawmill Wrote:Wow what a stupid redneck thing to say. :thatsfunn

Sounds like you know the spot by the septic very well.
rc58 Wrote:You dagone right, it will hurt if we loose this game, not gonna happen though, Russell county 35 Boyle county 21.My son is a senior on this laker team and they will not be sattisfied to loose to d**n,Boyle county ,they wanna take it all the way to bg, not gonna be easy, but its gonna be. If yall do tailgate at Russell, try to get there realy early to get a good spot ,ussually the spot by the septic is reserved for visitors.
Upon further review... and I should have seen this coming... I will be having catfish at Coe's!!!
Danville is by no means the "best" and they beat boyle

Boyle county is a differnt team then what you faces knox central good but boyle county is a whole differnt monster
zebra'seyes Wrote:Danville is by no means the "best" and they beat boyle

Yes and Somerset beat Danville and whitley beat Somerset and Boyle blowed Whitley out whats your point.Boyle is not the same team that lost to Danville in the early season.if all of Russell county thinks they are like you do, then the Lakers are in for a rude awakening come friday night.:ChairHit:
Do-double-gg Wrote:All I'm sayin is that the last team you played that was just as good as you beat you and that was Lexington cath. Every win you have is on a team you were supposed to win. With that said how do you know exactly how much better you are until you play one of the top 4a teams. Also remember that yes you did get better as the season went on but all good teams do this and Russell is a good team also.

I can agree with this. Boyle County was extremely consistent against those teams and put up some impressive numbers. Russell County will be a great indicator on exactly how much Boyle County has improved. It will be an interesting game to watch to say the least.

Is that a contradiction? How is it not going to be easy but it's going to be easy at the same time. Is this a mind grenade? :insane:
Rebel55 Wrote:There is No excuse for that loss. It hurt to lose to a cross town rivial. Lucky for us, that loss has no bearing on the 4A playoffs and the Russell County game. We are 1-0 in the new season and playing our best ball right now.

Great post. I couldn't have said it any better myself. There is no excuse for the loss. The only excuse would be to NOT learn from it. I believe Boyle County has learned alot from ALL of their past games, win or lose, and it will show Friday.
I don't think any of the Boyle faithfull is doubting that Russell co is good,and i haven't read any posts saying that Boyle will blow Russell out.we have respect for Russell co.as for myself i think the big difference between these two teams are strength of schedule,and playoff experience with the players as well as the coaching staff.I remember 3 Bullit east teams coming to Boyle county in the playoffs undefeated and untested by playing weak schedules like Russell co has this year,and they all went home with a loss,and thier fans couldn't understand why they lost.simpily put they were not prepared for the task at hand.they were 12-0 or 13-0,but hadn't played anyone all season the caliber of Boyle co.you guys keep saying that the Boyle fans are underestimating Russell co,but has it crossed your mind that maybe your'e underestimating Boyle co.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I don't think any of the Boyle faithfull is doubting that Russell co is good,and i haven't read any posts saying that Boyle will blow Russell out.we have respect for Russell co.as for myself i think the big difference between these two teams are strength of schedule,and playoff experience with the players as well as the coaching staff.I remember 3 Bullit east teams coming to Boyle county in the playoffs undefeated and untested by playing weak schedules like Russell co has this year,and they all went home with a loss,and thier fans couldn't understand why they lost.simpily put they were not prepared for the task at hand.they were 12-0 or 13-0,but hadn't played anyone all season the caliber of Boyle co.you guys keep saying that the Boyle fans are underestimating Russell co,but has it crossed your mind that maybe your'e underestimating Boyle co.

I had mentioned something of this nature in an earlier post. Someone had stated that Boyle County is in for an "eye opener" and I simply stated that Boyle County has seen it all this year. If anyone is in for an "eye opener" it is Russell County. Nevertheless, I do expect a great game and great environment. This is Russell County's best season ever and Boyle County fans travel well so I expect the stadium to be packed. I cannot wait for this one.
zebra'seyes Wrote:Danville is by no means the "best" and they beat boyle

Does the Danville loss you keep bringing up give Russell County an advantage? Believe it or not, but teams can learn from a loss. I think Boyle is a better team now from what they learned from the Danville loss.

1. They learned not to take a team for granted. That just showing up would not get them a W.

2. They leaned not to give up. Being down by 2 TD's late in the game that they do have the heart, and will, to make a late comeback.

3. Danville's defense stacked the line of scrimmage and dared us to throw the ball. This loss was a lesson to us that our passing game better improve. Guess what Boyle's passing game has improved and is currently at its best right now all because of what Danville did to us!

This loss hurt and it hurt bad, but IMO Boyle is a better team right now because of this loss. Your learn from your mistakes!
I don't think anyone is underestimating Boyle, we know that when they come to town they bring a long lineage of successful football history. I also expect record attendance at Finley Field, and Boyle may have as many fans as Russell County. It will be Friday Night Lights.

That said, I do believe Boyle has the tougher task of figuring out how to deal with 2-3 Laker players who are possibly some of the best individual athletes that they will have faced all year. We aren't HHS and don't have 12 receivers who will have 1-2 receptions each, we don't have 7 different backs running the ball.....what we have is a few exceptional skill players who will win one-on-one more often than not. It will take a consistent team effort on the Rebels part defensively to keep the Lakers from scoring often.

The Lakers will face the issue of reading the play action. Boyle runs this style offense better than any team I've seen this season. Our Safety(s) can't bite on the run fakes for risk of allowing a receiver over the top, we can't get caught up on a half back pass. But we don't have that one individual Rebel that we have to be concerned with. Burke is a good back, but he's not a game changer to the level we have.

IMO, mistakes by the BC defense will likely result in Laker scores.....mistakes by the Laker defense will likely result in longer plays, but our speed will make some difference.
Has Russell County ever been behind on the scoreboard this season? How many close games have they gone into the 4th. quarter with? How many games has their starters played a full 4 quarters? These could be some keys on the game Friday night.
Boyle 21 Russell 20. Its playoff time and imo Boyle is a different team this time of year.
Dont forget rebel s rc is on central time. Just say n.
laker20 Wrote:I don't think anyone is underestimating Boyle, we know that when they come to town they bring a long lineage of successful football history. I also expect record attendance at Finley Field, and Boyle may have as many fans as Russell County. It will be Friday Night Lights.

That said, I do believe Boyle has the tougher task of figuring out how to deal with 2-3 Laker players who are possibly some of the best individual athletes that they will have faced all year. We aren't HHS and don't have 12 receivers who will have 1-2 receptions each, we don't have 7 different backs running the ball.....what we have is a few exceptional skill players who will win one-on-one more often than not. It will take a consistent team effort on the Rebels part defensively to keep the Lakers from scoring often.

The Lakers will face the issue of reading the play action. Boyle runs this style offense better than any team I've seen this season. Our Safety(s) can't bite on the run fakes for risk of allowing a receiver over the top, we can't get caught up on a half back pass. But we don't have that one individual Rebel that we have to be concerned with. Burke is a good back, but he's not a game changer to the level we have.

IMO, mistakes by the BC defense will likely result in Laker scores.....mistakes by the Laker defense will likely result in longer plays, but our speed will make some difference.

you say you're not underestimating Boyle,yet you assume that you have 2 or 3 players that are gonna win 1 on 1 matchups.Boyle dosen't play that style defense to where they rely on one player to make stops they swarm to the ball on defense.it's one thing to break long runs with 1 on 1 play,but it's another when you have 6 or 7 players hitting you at one time.as far as your 2 or 3 atheletes that you say are so great Highlands,John Hardin,and Lex cath are loaded with players as good as if not better than your 2 or 3 players.I talked to some of the Boyle staff yesterday,and they assured me that Russell has a couple of players with some speed,but overall they're not any faster than Boyle.they do think Russell has a very good team.as i do,but i still think your'e underestimating Boyle.
Jack Lambert Wrote:you say you're not underestimating Boyle,yet you assume that you have 2 or 3 players that are gonna win 1 on 1 matchups.Boyle dosen't play that style defense to where they rely on one player to make stops they swarm to the ball on defense.it's one thing to break long runs with 1 on 1 play,but it's another when you have 6 or 7 players hitting you at one time.as far as your 2 or 3 atheletes that you say are so great Highlands,John Hardin,and Lex cath are loaded with players as good as if not better than your 2 or 3 players.I talked to some of the Boyle staff yesterday,and they assured me that Russell has a couple of players with some speed,but overall they're not any faster than Boyle.they do think Russell has a very good team.as i do,but i still think your'e underestimating Boyle.

No doubt arrogance obviously comes with winning titles, but I can assure you of one thing Mr. Lambert, no one associated with the Russell County program is under estimating Boyle County. Everyone is aware of your storied tradition and titles and we are reminded in every post. We may lose for any and all the reasons given except for under estimating. Due diligence will be made in the teams approach to this game. We may lose but if we do win I'm sure that you guys could beat us in a week or two when you have improved or lost to another quality opponent!:HitWall:
This is going to be a great game one thing is for sure it ll be settled friday night. Go Rebels !!!!
Turnovers decide this game folks......
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:No doubt arrogance obviously comes with winning titles, but I can assure you of one thing Mr. Lambert, no one associated with the Russell County program is under estimating Boyle County. Everyone is aware of your storied tradition and titles and we are reminded in every post. We may lose for any and all the reasons given except for under estimating. Due diligence will be made in the teams approach to this game. We may lose but if we do win I'm sure that you guys could beat us in a week or two when you have improved or lost to another quality opponent!:HitWall:

I've read no arrogance from any of the Boyle posters.it's the Russell fans who keep talking about how fast they are how Boyles not gonna be able to handle thier speed and atheletic ability,and That Boyles not seen a team like Russell all year.about how great your special teams are,the fact that your kicker makes 50-60 yard field goals on a regular basis.Boyles not gonna need thier 7 titles or storied tradition to win this game friday night.all they're gonna bring is this years team and i believe that'll be enough.
64black&gold Wrote:Turnovers decide this game folks......

I agree if one team or the other has a bunch of turnovers they're gonna be in trouble.
Jack Lambert Wrote:you say you're not underestimating Boyle,yet you assume that you have 2 or 3 players that are gonna win 1 on 1 matchups.Boyle dosen't play that style defense to where they rely on one player to make stops they swarm to the ball on defense.it's one thing to break long runs with 1 on 1 play,but it's another when you have 6 or 7 players hitting you at one time.as far as your 2 or 3 atheletes that you say are so great Highlands,John Hardin,and Lex cath are loaded with players as good as if not better than your 2 or 3 players.I talked to some of the Boyle staff yesterday,and they assured me that Russell has a couple of players with some speed,but overall they're not any faster than Boyle.they do think Russell has a very good team.as i do,but i still think your'e underestimating Boyle.

You stated what I have continued to try to explain. These teams with good records have played poor to average teams and their few stars can dominate a game. They have not played a team like HHS or Boyle whose D will have 9-11 guys swarm to the ball carrier every play and everyone of them is just as fast if not faster than their star players. These players are so well coached and also know if they do not get the job done that there is someone on the bench that will replace them. We have met many teams with good star players in the playoffs and the coaching staff sets up the D to stop the star and make the nonstar players beat you. I would love to have a nickle for every play I have seen where 9-10 HHS players are involved in the tackle and the other teams O is standing watching. These top teams play swarm D until the whistle blows.
sstack Wrote:You stated what I have continued to try to explain. These teams with good records have played poor to average teams and their few stars can dominate a game. They have not played a team like HHS or Boyle whose D will have 9-11 guys swarm to the ball carrier every play and everyone of them is just as fast if not faster than their star players. These players are so well coached and also know if they do not get the job done that there is someone on the bench that will replace them. We have met many teams with good star players in the playoffs and the coaching staff sets up the D to stop the star and make the nonstar players beat you. I would love to have a nickle for every play I have seen where 9-10 HHS players are involved in the tackle and the other teams O is standing watching. These top teams play swarm D until the whistle blows.

It's a beautiful thing to watch. Man I love high school football!!
I have not said much and I don't plan on saying much. Two very good teams will play Friday night! The Lakers know what is coming to town. As I have said on other threads the Lakers respect Boyle, Lexington Catholic, Highlands..etc..but they do not fear them. We have not played the schedule that Boyle has, but we have rose to every challenge thus far. This has been a great year and it is not over yet. We are in unchartered waters for our program unlike some of the big boys of 4A. We will welcome Rebel Nation with open arms on Friday! We should all witness a great game! May the best team win!
Boyle has played a good schedule but I bet they have not seen a player as fast as Britt all year.
zebra'seyes Wrote:Boyle has played a good schedule but I bet they have not seen a player as fast as Britt all year.

No pun intended but how fast is Britt? 4.3, 4.4, 4.5? He really looks fast as he blows by a few Rockcastle players but that doesn't mean he's super fast. I'm not saying he isn't. Any of you laptop coaches tell me?
zebra'seyes Wrote:Boyle has played a good schedule but I bet they have not seen a player as fast as Britt all year.

I doubt that. I sure he s a good back but not the fastest.
Also does your q back go both ways?
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next