Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baptist Minister says Obama is Muslim and Romney is part of a cult
A Baptist minister in Boyd County, Kentucky set off a controversy Sunday after a sermon where he called President Obama “a Muslim” and Mitt Romney a member of “a cult.”

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/...42521.html
Oh my. I'll get blasted again, but this is why I do not discuss politics in the pulpit. Few outside the Christian realm care about the good, but everyone blasts the bad.

Please pastors, open your Bible, pray for guidance, wisdom, and direction, study God's Word and then deliver it with the Lord leading the way. Hide behind the cross so that God may get the glory. Hide God's Word in your heart that you may not stumble, falter or fail in the pulpit. The pulpit is a place that is sacred, honorable, and respected. Keep it that way!

Where in the Bible does it say that Romney is in a cult, that Obama is a Muslim, that Janet Reno is a witch, that Tom Brady is a savior or anything like that? We are commissioned with too much good news to deliver, too much Gospel to spread and share and too important of a task that we share for people to repent and believe; to be spending our time talking about who to vote for, who to be voting against, or trying to slam candidates.

What is more important? Telling about the love of Jesus or telling people to vote for Candidate A? Telling people that they need to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand or telling them to vote against Candidate B? Sharing about the power of the Holy Spirit or the weakness/strength of our government?

Imagine this, if there are 52 Sunday mornings per year a pastor cannot even preach one message from every Biblical book (there are 66 books in the Bible). So we already have to leave out much of the Bible simply because there are not enough weeks in the year. If we spent 2 weeks on every New Testament book we would not finish because there are 27 New Testament books.

Don't forget that most pastors like to preach about the biblical stories associated with holidays, so 3 weeks would be a Palm Sunday, Easter and Christmas messages anyway.

Basically, the thought that I have always lead with is that pastors do not have the time to devote to campain messages, political jargon and stuff like that. I understand if something is against the teachings of the church talking about it, but I believe Sunday night services, or really a mid-week Bible study is a better format and podium.
LWC Wrote:Oh my. I'll get blasted again, but this is why I do not discuss politics in the pulpit. Few outside the Christian realm care about the good, but everyone blasts the bad.

Please pastors, open your Bible, pray for guidance, wisdom, and direction, study God's Word and then deliver it with the Lord leading the way. Hide behind the cross so that God may get the glory. Hide God's Word in your heart that you may not stumble, falter or fail in the pulpit. The pulpit is a place that is sacred, honorable, and respected. Keep it that way!

Where in the Bible does it say that Romney is in a cult, that Obama is a Muslim, that Janet Reno is a witch, that Tom Brady is a savior or anything like that? We are commissioned with too much good news to deliver, too much Gospel to spread and share and too important of a task that we share for people to repent and believe; to be spending our time talking about who to vote for, who to be voting against, or trying to slam candidates. What is more important? Telling about the love of Jesus or telling people to vote for Candidate A? Telling people that they need to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand or telling them to vote against Candidate B? Sharing about the power of the Holy Spirit or the weakness/strength of our government?

Imagine this, if there are 52 Sunday mornings per year a pastor cannot even preach one message from every Biblical book (there are 66 books in the Bible). So we already have to leave out much of the Bible simply because there are not enough weeks in the year. If we spent 2 weeks on every New Testament book we would not finish because there are 27 New Testament books.

Don't forget that most pastors like to preach about the biblical stories associated with holidays, so 3 weeks would be a Palm Sunday, Easter and Christmas messages anyway.

Basically, the thought that I have always lead with is that pastors do not have the time to devote to campain messages, political jargon and stuff like that. I understand if something is against the teachings of the church talking about it, but I believe Sunday night services, or really a mid-week Bible study is a better format and podium.

I feel like I've just been to church and heard one of the best messages ever!!
Well said LWC!
We shall get slammed together!!
maybe he should stop preaching about the world and preach the word of God.
Agree with LWC, but like anyone else, a preacher is capable of getting caught up in the moment and speaking out his opinions on world affairs. Whether you think that is right or not, I'm not sure why this is really news. It should be up to the members of the congregation if that is the type of message they want to hear on Sunday's.
^ Unfortunately, if you open your mouth, it's potentially newsworthy!
Why is it that everytime one of the these freaks come out of nowhere there Baptist?

I was raised in a Baptist household and its nothing like you see in the news.
Between the guy going off about interracial couple, to Westboro, and now this guy, its always the looneys that see fit to call themselves baptist.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Why is it that everytime one of the these freaks come out of nowhere there Baptist?

I was raised in a Baptist household and its nothing like you see in the news.
Between the guy going off about interracial couple, to Westboro, and now this guy, its always the looneys that see fit to call themselves baptist.

Personal interpetation of the Bible is one of the trademarks of the Baptist denomination that and Welch's grape juiceConfusednicker:
When Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, and all the other liberal "preachers" spew their hate, the media takes it in stride. However, let one conservative preacher say something controversial and the media is all over it.

This is just another example of the media manipulating what is news and what is not news. Mrs. Romney's wardrobe is big news. Libya, with the killing of an ambassador and three other of our citizens is not worthy of coverage.

It is all about partisan politics. The media does whatever it can to promote the reelection of its favorite. This is nothing new but it becomes more blatant with each election.
tvtimeout Wrote:Personal interpetation of the Bible is one of the trademarks of the Baptist denomination that and Welch's grape juiceConfusednicker:

Depends on what type of baptist you are...
Whatever happened to Galatians 1:8,9 and Revelations 22: 18,19 to all the Romney ("mormons are christian)" fans? Although it never was my favorite translation, I'll go with KJV, since it is probably the bible of choice for the BGR crowd. This don't sound like mormons are christians to me.

Galatians 1:8-9
King James Version (KJV)
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Revelation, chapter 22

18: For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
tvtimeout Wrote:Personal interpetation of the Bible is one of the trademarks of the Baptist denomination that and Welch's grape juiceConfusednicker:

Totally, 100% untrue. Baptists do not believe they have the right to personally interpret the scriptures. As a matter of fact, Baptists believe the Bible has only one true interpretation. Baptists believe God never speaks in ambiguities, and therefore only one true interpretation can exist.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:Whatever happened to Galatians 1:8,9 and Revelations 22: 18,19 to all the Romney ("mormons are christian)" fans? Although it never was my favorite translation, I'll go with KJV, since it is probably the bible of choice for the BGR crowd. This don't sound like mormons are christians to me.

King James Version (KJV)
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Revelation, chapter 22

18: For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Naturally, in a perfect world christian folks would rather see a christian president. Needless to belabor the point but, we don't always get what we want in life or the presidency. Romney is an honorable man by any definition, and he's home grown. He understands America.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:Whatever happened to Galatians 1:8,9 and Revelations 22: 18,19 to all the Romney ("mormons are christian)" fans? Although it never was my favorite translation, I'll go with KJV, since it is probably the bible of choice for the BGR crowd. This don't sound like mormons are christians to me.

King James Version (KJV)

Revelation, chapter 22

These are some tremendous verses RV, thanks for posting them. This one should be included in such a prestigious listing;
Matthew 5:18 (KJV)
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
In the spirit of talking about ministers I ran across this little tidbit this evening. It seems the minister chosen by Obama to deliver the benediction at his inaugural had some rather inflamatory remarks to make recently about white folks. His Quote from the Daily Caller; Lowery, who gave the benediction at the January 2009 inauguration of President Barack Obama, told the audience of up to 300 African-Americans “that when he was a young militant, he used to say all white folks were going to hell. Then he mellowed and just said most of them were. Now, he said, he is back to where he was,” according to an Oct. 31 report in the Monroe County Reporter newspaper.

LINK---- http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/31/all-wh...ghts-icon/

Yeah, I can see why some are concerned that the 'progress' we've made on social issues under Obama might take some backwater under a Romney presidency. Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:In the spirit of talking about ministers I ran across this little tidbit this evening. It seems the minister chosen by Obama to deliver the benediction at his inaugural had some rather inflamatory remarks to make recently about white folks. His Quote from the Daily Caller; Lowery, who gave the benediction at the January 2009 inauguration of President Barack Obama, told the audience of up to 300 African-Americans “that when he was a young militant, he used to say all white folks were going to hell. Then he mellowed and just said most of them were. Now, he said, he is back to where he was,” according to an Oct. 31 report in the Monroe County Reporter newspaper.

Yeah, I can see why some are concerned that the 'progress' we've made on social issues under Obama might take some backwater under a Romney presidency. Confusednicker:
I'm not a christian, and don't want to be. It is you christians that are going against the bible with supporting Romney.
TheRealVille Wrote:I'm not a christian, and don't want to be. It is you christians that are going against the bible with supporting Romney.

And what do we get by supporting Obama? This one is the lesser of two evils. At least Romney won't be going around trying to take God and Jesus out of everything, while kissing the rears of the muslims and everybody else in the name of "tolerance."

King James Version (KJV)

Revelation, chapter 22

So now we should be against Romney because he is not a Christian?

The Bible is all powerful and all true. And I do take that to be that Mormonism is not Christianity. However from the way I see Obama's views and the way I interpret Christian views, Obama doesn't exactly spell out what I would call a Christian.

That being said, I am not against President Obama because of this (I don't believe Obama is a Muslim) nor am I against Governor Romney because of his Mormonism.

I would feel as a hypocrite (I even feel hypocritical with my statement regarding Obama not seeming Christian-like) to speak ill of either person's faith, beliefs, or their version of right and wrong. I would feel this way seeing that even though I am a Christian having accepted Jesus as my Savior, my actions don't always reflect that. As a matter of fact, they don't reflect that more than they do.
TheRealVille Wrote:I'm not a christian, and don't want to be. It is you christians that are going against the bible with supporting Romney.

This should have nothing to do with voting for either Presidential candidate.
Long story short, the mormons see joseph smith (?) as a profit i believe.
Maybe someone could clarify. Im pretty sure that was the right name.
I dont exactly know how you could be a christian and believe in another profit other than Jesus himself.I may be out of line here, and if so i apologize, but that is what i have always been told of mormons.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Long story short, the mormons see joseph smith (?) as a profit i believe.
Maybe someone could clarify. Im pretty sure that was the right name.
I dont exactly know how you could be a christian and believe in another profit other than Jesus himself. I may be out of line here, and if so i apologize, but that is what i have always been told of mormons.

Isaiah, Jeremiah, John the Baptist.............
TRV Is pointing out that in another thread a few members was saying voting for Obama is non Christian. Because he is not a true Christian
TheRealThing Wrote:In the spirit of talking about ministers I ran across this little tidbit this evening. It seems the minister chosen by Obama to deliver the benediction at his inaugural had some rather inflamatory remarks to make recently about white folks. His Quote from the Daily Caller; Lowery, who gave the benediction at the January 2009 inauguration of President Barack Obama, told the audience of up to 300 African-Americans “that when he was a young militant, he used to say all white folks were going to hell. Then he mellowed and just said most of them were. Now, he said, he is back to where he was,” according to an Oct. 31 report in the Monroe County Reporter newspaper.

I saw this yesterday but was reluctant to post it because of its inflammatory nature. So I read, re-read and came back this morning after I had decided to list the link.

This man stands in the pulpit and spews hatred. I was shocked when it first broke that Obama that actually used him for his benediction.

You can rest Gut; I don't believe he's a Baptist.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:TRV Is pointing out that in another thread a few members was saying voting for Obama is non Christian. Because he is not a true Christian

I don't recall any members saying that. I recall a few members saying that the stances Obama has on abortion and same sex marriage makes it hard for a Christian to vote for him.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:TRV Is pointing out that in another thread a few members was saying voting for Obama is non Christian. Because he is not a true Christian

I'm not judging anyone. However, if Kardashian is really a Christian, which I seriously doubt, he is, shall we say, not a Christian in the biblical sense.

Jeremiah Wright's church is loosely a United Church of Christ church. Very wild-eye liberal. But, the boy doesn't even follow the teachings of this fringe church.

I think it is safe to conclude that he is not a "true Christian" as the term is usually applied.

Is he a Muslim? His heredity would lead to him being a Muslim. His early environment definitely pointed in that direction. One could argue that his Christianity is a matter of political expediency.
Let God be the judge of whose a christian and whose not.
Mormons are th nicest people on earth, lol.

But this guy sure doesn't sound Baptist...
LWC Wrote:Isaiah, Jeremiah, John the Baptist.............

Sorry, but I have to ask. Are you saying these three believed the messiah was somebody other than Jesus Christ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:I saw this yesterday but was reluctant to post it because of its inflammatory nature. So I read, re-read and came back this morning after I had decided to list the link.

This man stands in the pulpit and spews hatred. I was shocked when it first broke that Obama that actually used him for his benediction.

You can rest Gut; I don't believe he's a Baptist.

Right, and there are just too many connections to the shady and untoward for this to be coincidence. Think about the nerve it takes to get up in front of a nation that is 71% white people (before his reelection bid no less) and blast the rich republicans, bankers, wall streeters and etc. I mean, Obama stops just shy of saying white folks. One does not make a collection of friends with which, one does not agree, and that would include favored preachers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]