Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Maher Warns Romney Supporters: 'Black People Know Who You Are...
Bill Maher, who donated $1 million to Obama's campaign has made another offensive statement. What are the chances that Democrats will demand that Obama distance himself from Maher or refund his money? (That is a rhetorical question.)

[INDENT]
Quote:Bill Maher Warns Romney Supporters: 'Black People Know Who You Are and They Will Come After You'

Bill Maher on HBO's Real Time Friday might have said one of the most disgraceful things uttered during the 2012 campaign season.

"If you're thinking about voting for Mitt Romney, I would like to make this one plea: black people know who you are and they will come after you"

Imagine for a moment the outrage if a conservative commentator said even jokingly to Obama supporters, "White people know who you are and they will come after you."

That would be the end of that person's career. Period. No questions asked. Done!

But Maher who's adored by the Obama-loving media can say this with total impunity.
[/INDENT]
Voter intimidation involves putting undue pressure on a voter or group of voters so that they will vote a particular way, or not at all.

Seems to read like a threat to violence to me but will Mr. Maher be brought up on charges? Will anyone in the Democratic party repudiate these comments?
The man, and his followers are nothing more than complete jokes, and always have been.
18 U.S.C. 594 - Intimidation of voters

Whoever intimidates, threatens, coerces, or attempts to intimidate, threaten, or coerce, any other person for the purpose of interfering with the right of such other person to vote or to vote as he may choose, or of causing such other person to vote for, or not to vote for, any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner, at any election held solely or in part for the purpose of electing such candidate, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/granule/USCODE-...etail.html
Does anybody here realize he is a comedian, doing a comedy show?
TheRealVille Wrote:Does anybody here realize he is a comedian, doing a comedy show?
Rush is an entertainer who is much funnier and he has a much larger audience than Maher. Did you give him a similar pass for his Sandra Fluke comments?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Rush is an entertainer who is much funnier and he has a much larger audience than Maher. Did you give him a similar pass for his Sandra Fluke comments?
He's not a comedian, he speaks as a serious political analyst. Maher is a professed comedian.
TheRealVille Wrote:He's not a comedian, he speaks as a serious political analyst. Mayher is a professed comedian.
You obviously have never listened to Rush much. He is a political satirist, the same as Maher is. Maher does not do slap stick comedy and he will never have a sit-com. You are trying to give Maher a pass because you, and most liberals, apply a double standard to these two men.
This guy is an idiot. I don't even know why we give him be satisfaction of discussing him.
vundy33 Wrote:This guy is an idiot. I don't even know why we give him be satisfaction of discussing him.
I could not care less what Maher says to his tiny audience myself. I like to point out the hypocrisy of liberals like Obama and his supporters. Maher is the perfect tool for that purpose. :biggrin:
TheRealVille Wrote:He's not a comedian, he speaks as a serious political analyst. Maher is a professed comedian.

There is no way any conservative could say those types of comments without being flogged by the media.
vundy33 Wrote:This guy is an idiot. I don't even know why we give him be satisfaction of discussing him.
I have never watched the show.
Comedian or not. He is an idiot
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Comedian or not. He is an idiot

Wait a second, are we talking about Obama or Maher? I'm confused....
Stardust Wrote:Wait a second, are we talking about Obama or Maher? I'm confused....

We know.