Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why David Cutcliffe Will Be UK’s Next Head Coach
MVP2 Wrote:I like Malzahn too.

I highly doubt Sumlin leaving College Station for Lexington but least he wouldn't have to beat out LSU/Bama each year and still be in the best conference in college football. However, stealing Kingsbury from Sumlin and A&M is a better possibly.

Malzahn will not leave Arkansas State. He's from Arkansas and the only job I can see him leaving A-State for is Arkansas. Someone NO ONE is talking about is Chad Morris the offensive coordinator from Clemson. He is a Malzahn disciple and if you want exciting football he's our guy.
FBALL Wrote:Not the people person Calipari is is an understatement. I was in the same boat as you on him.

Petrino is polarizing. Love or hate. And there is a lot of hate. This program doesn't need that right now. It needs someone fresh that everybody can get behind. That is not Petrino.

What do we need right now? Another bunch of 2-3 win years? Because if you hire one of the people youve mentioned, thats what will happen.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What do we need right now? Another bunch of 2-3 win years? Because if you hire one of the people youve mentioned, thats what will happen.
Already answered that question in the post you quoted Nostradamus.
^
This from Jokers biggest butt buddy.

Howd your love of Joker work out for you?
Boy, you really know football....
Yes I do and no you don't.

Nobody was going to win this year with the injuries and playing that many freshmen in the SEC. But he lost the fans base completely and had to go and it had to be done now. I wish Joker Phillips the best of luck and think it shows a tremendous amount of class that he is going to stick around and finish out the year. That shows he cares about his alma mater and the transition. And what a class individual he is.
All that said I still answered the question you posed in the quote you posted. Maybe you should go brush up on your reading skills and get of Petrino's jock. One would think you have blonde hair and enjoy riding on the back of motorcycles.
FBALL Wrote:Yes I do and no you don't.

Nobody was going to win this year with the injuries and playing that many freshmen in the SEC. But he lost the fans base completely and had to go and it had to be done now. I wish Joker Phillips the best of luck and think it shows a tremendous amount of class that he is going to stick around and finish out the year. That shows he cares about his alma mater and the transition. And what a class individual he is.

There is no one on here that wanted Joker to succeed more than me.But Barnhead set him up for failure,the fans where already getting restless about going to minor bowl games when he was hired and Brooks caught a break when Louisville A D made one of his few mistakes.Without the Louisville and Vandy wins there no Bowl games. An as for as injuries go every team has injuries but when you recruit leftovers that no one else wanted and they
don't pan out you end up with 1 win seasons.Did you see what espn said about Joker recruits this year,that it would not effect them because they could go where better.
insideinfo Wrote:There is no one on here that wanted Joker to succeed more than me.But Barnhead set him up for failure,the fans where already getting restless about going to minor bowl games when he was hired and Brooks caught a break when Louisville A D made one of his few mistakes.Without the Louisville and Vandy wins there no Bowl games. An as for as injuries go every team has injuries but when you recruit leftovers that no one else wanted and they
don't pan out you end up with 1 win seasons.Did you see what espn said about Joker recruits this year,that it would not effect them because they could go where better.

I don't disagree with that. Change had to be made. Now go get Chris Peterson.
FBALL Wrote:I don't disagree with that. Change had to be made. Now go get Chris Peterson.
What we disagree on is I think Kentucky is a coaching graveyard and no good up an comer will accept the job, and our options will be Fulmer and Cutcliff and I think we will be looking at the Curry era again. That why I think we should go after Petrino and when he leaves Two,Three,Four years down the road the program will be in a little better shape and maybe we can get a good up an comer,

I couldnt care less about a persons character in the college game.

This isnt high school. I want a coach who will win, you all want coaches that will get destroyed.

Its an easy choice.
It is an easy choice.
insideinfo Wrote:What we disagree on is I think Kentucky is a coaching graveyard and no good up an comer will accept the job, and our options will be Fulmer and Cutcliff and I think we will be looking at the Curry era again. That why I think we should go after Petrino and when he leaves Two,Three,Four years down the road the program will be in a little better shape and maybe we can get a good up an comer,

Nope. No retreads. Go get a top of the line coach (Peterson) no matter how much money you have to throw at him. That is my hope.
Sonny Dykes
FBALL Wrote:Nope. No retreads. Go get a top of the line coach (Peterson) no matter how much money you have to throw at him. That is my hope.
I would love to have Peterson or any good young coach,i just don't think we can attract one at this time with the program in the shape that it is.I do believe that a quality coach given the right amount support can be successful. If you can win at Va.tech, Boise St. you can win anywhere you just have to have quality coach and proper support. There's absolutely no reason we can't be a top 20 top 10 type team every year.

Well said. Great post!
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:Malzahn will not leave Arkansas State. He's from Arkansas and the only job I can see him leaving A-State for is Arkansas. Someone NO ONE is talking about is Chad Morris the offensive coordinator from Clemson. He is a Malzahn disciple and if you want exciting football he's our guy.

Your probably right. If I'm not mistaking he was offer the Vandy job and turned it down when Franklin was hired at VU. I would love to have Malzahn, I think he could deff get this program turned around quicker than most.
who is a better coach: petrino or tressell

head to head: tressell, proof - Sugar Bowl
^ but would Kentucky go after Tressell?
PETRINO Character Issues

TRESSELL Show Cause
MVP2 Wrote:Your probably right. If I'm not mistaking he was offer the Vandy job and turned it down when Franklin was hired at VU. I would love to have Malzahn, I think he could deff get this program turned around quicker than most.

Yeah he turned Vanderbilt down. I am just in awe of the fact that I haven't heard anyone mention Chad Morris. Look at what he's done at Tulsa and now Clemson. Imagine if he gets some SEC recruits in that offense and a SEC defense behind it. Not saying we'll win a national title or anyhting but we'll win more than one game.
toussaints Wrote:who is a better coach: petrino or tressell

head to head: tressell, proof - Sugar Bowl

The vest gets the nod here...his wife was never on staff! Confusednicker:

Pun intended!
Tressell better?

Well considering he only won the bowl while cheating, i think not.
D.C. will get no support. I have said all along offer 4 million to Peterson. I actually agree with red-devil We play in the SEC best conference in football. Your sales pitch. If you win the games you WILL be in the N.C. game period. Boise St. will never will!!!
T-CATS Wrote:D.C. will get no support. I have said all along offer 4 million to Peterson. I actually agree with red-devil We play in the SEC best conference in football. Your sales pitch. If you win the games you WILL be in the N.C. game period. Boise St. will never will!!!

See. Who said rivals can't get along . Lol.