Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic fishing HELP!
OK I've fished off and on for years but only a few times a year. This year I've had more time and probably have already gone fishing more this year than the last five or so years combined. Now here's where it gets funny I've never had much success not sure why I listen to what everyone says, I watch others that I go with take advice well, watched all the big time fishing shows and I still can't do worth a crap. Now this year I've yet to catch a freaking fish feed several but not caught a single fish. The wife no problem she's made her catch, my 10 year daughter no problem she's also snagged one and don't forget the 4 year old son the true fisherman in the family I take him for his first time ever this year and he catches two right off the bat and has had several others just to get away as he gets them to the bank.

NOW WHAT IN THE HECK AM I DOING WRONG? :devilflam

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!:igiveup: :yikes:

And don't tell anyone I don't want to get embarrassed.Confusedhh:
maybe ur fishing at the wrong time or using the wrong bate. or maybe ur reeling the lure or jig to fast for the fish to hit. Just try different reeling speeds and u might have better luck. (i also find that fish hit better before noon)
Thanks

But I've fished lakes, rivers and streams at all times of day and night. I've fished with kids and old timers that have fished for years. I've also fished with the area's experts and it doesn't matter I HAVE NO FREAKING LUCK. Its actually starting to get pretty funny. I think you could put them in a swimming pool and keep food away for a week and then let me try to fish the pool and I wouldn't catch anything. But its still fun.
your not holding your mouth right is what they always told me lol u might wanna try that
You have to talk dirty to them.lol
Try this. Find someone catching a few fish and and most of the time they'll be pretty honest. Ask them what are you using for bait? or How deep are you fishing? That will get you thru the day at least.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
I'll try it.
or pick up a new hobby like.. cards or soemthng lol.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Already do that CTD.
Fish for carp, cant miss them whn you see your pole about to go into the water give a big yank and there you go you have a big one. Oh all you have to use is a little oatmeal and water.

CD I dont ever remember you able to catch anything in the ast, so what makes it different now. LOL

Like the time we took SO-1 little john boat out and had like 9 guys in it trying to fish.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Like I said I've never had any luck just getting bad now that the kids out fish me. Gone several times this week and I still haven't caught anything.
CatDawg Wrote:Like I said I've never had any luck just getting bad now that the kids out fish me. Gone several times this week and I still haven't caught anything.
You shouldnt do this if the kids are watching or anybody around...lolConfusedhh: :dontthink Spray your bait with WD-40 and I gurantee you will catchem...even those 30lb+ catfish out of payponds.
Never heard that before.
CatDawg Wrote:Never heard that before.
Take some wheaties in your hand have someone pour grape or strawberry pop on the wheaties while you make a ball in your hands with the wheaties. About the size of a baseball and just pinch some off and bait up, spray it with WD and watch the fish attack your line. The Wd-40 sounds funny but it does work.:thumpsup:
Ok
CatDawg Wrote:Ok

Maybe if you try fishing somewhere besides the pool in your backyard then you will catch something.:Thumbs:
Just go buy a small hook and a snap on bobber and some wax worms you will catch Bluegill all day !
go were ever ur fishing at and put a night crawler on ur hook and u should cacth something
blackcat_student Wrote:Just go buy a small hook and a snap on bobber and some wax worms you will catch Bluegill all day !

Nope done that.
baseballfan Wrote:go were ever ur fishing at and put a night crawler on ur hook and u should cacth something

Nope done that also.
if u cant cacth 1 on night crawlers u need to go some were else or u need to find another hobby
let somebody else hook one then you can reel it in lol
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:let somebody else hook one then you can reel it in lol

lol.....
Bluegill love crickets..... not a major fish, but fun to catch! Best fish to eat!
BurntTires Wrote:Take some wheaties in your hand have someone pour grape or strawberry pop on the wheaties while you make a ball in your hands with the wheaties. About the size of a baseball and just pinch some off and bait up, spray it with WD and watch the fish attack your line. The Wd-40 sounds funny but it does work.:thumpsup:

The Wheaties and pop trick works. I've done it with Chex cereal and strawberry pop. Also works to catch minnows. Had never heard of the WD-40 but I will remember that the next time my dad and I go fishing. Does it kill the fish when you snag it and that's why you keep them on the line? lol :igiveup:

thetribe Wrote:The Wheaties and pop trick works. I've done it with Chex cereal and strawberry pop. Also works to catch minnows. Had never heard of the WD-40 but I will remember that the next time my dad and I go fishing. Does it kill the fish when you snag it and that's why you keep them on the line? lol :igiveup:
NO...It dont kill the fish...but I warn you dont let the Game Warden catch you doing it...lol...serious.
OK I've gone several more times and I've finally caught one nice bass but that's it. Then again the rest of the family have done very well. I have a big fishing trip planned in a few weeks going to a part of the New River in Virginia hopefully will have something to show for it.

Thanks again all.
Congrats on catching the fish.
Good luck at New River