Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voters to decide on right to hunt
I would just about bet most of us here feel the same way. This amendment gives citizens of KY a "constitutional" right to hunt and fish.

I voted yes.

Quote:FRANKFORT, Ky. (WKYT) - Officials at the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources said a proposed amendment won't change the way hunting and fishing are regulated here in Kentucky. Instead, they said, it will protect the ability of future generations to hunt and fish.

Mark Marraccini, spokesman for the Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources, says proposed amendments like this one are gaining traction across the country.

"15 other states have already added amendments to their constitutions to protect these rights. There are three other states who have it on the ballot tomorrow," he said.

The idea, he said is not to change any regulations, but to protect hunting and fishing from any future threats.

"It's foresight. It gives some security or protection to those rights and helps ensure that our children will be able to do it, and theirs, and theirs, and theirs," said Marraccini

Right now, Fish and Wildlife officials say there aren't any threats to hunters' rights. Because of that, PETA officials called the proposed amendment "frivolous". Marraccini, though, says it's a big deal.

"About 34,000 jobs annually are dependent on hunting and fishing. You're talking about a $3 billion kick to Kentucky's economy," Marraccini said.

The proposed amendment would not affect any regulations regarding licensing, trespassing, or property rights.

In addition to protecting the right to hunt and fish in Kentucky, the amendment would declare hunting and fishing a preferred method of wildlife management and control.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/...45831.html
That may well be the only place on the ballot where we didn't cancel out each other.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:That may well be the only place on the ballot where we didn't cancel out each other.

Maybe not. We might have hit on a non partisan ballot.
TheRealVille Wrote:Maybe not. We might have hit on a non partisan ballot.

Believe it or not, my ballot was bipartisan.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Believe it or not, my ballot was bipartisan.
I meant to say non partisan race. :biggrin:
TheRealVille Wrote:I meant to say non partisan race. :biggrin:

Yeah, I know. I was just stating that my ballot had votes for republicans and one democrat.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Yeah, I know. I was just stating that my ballot had votes for republicans and one democrat.
Mine also. Probably about even split.
I had votes for Reps and Dems.
I voted for who I hoped would best HELP, not who I most liked based on my party affiliation!
Stardust Wrote:I voted for who I hoped would best HELP, not who I most liked based on my party affiliation!
Me too.
Stardust Wrote:I voted for who I hoped would best HELP, not who I most liked based on my party affiliation!

The only problem with that statement from some people is they might say that and genuinely believe that the best candidates for every position, every polling, every year is ALWAYS the people from their party.
Well I can only tell you that I've pulled a straight lever one time in my life. My votes usually mimick my husband's and he's a registered Democrat.
I too voted for candidates in both parties. Animal rights activists are trying to shut down hunting and fishing in this land. Got to wonder if this represents the best use of their time. But, as in the case of other equally looney legislation, all they have to do is sneak rider through or the like and suddenly you'd have so many regulations out there, hunting or fishing wouldn't be worth it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I get married on the first morning of deer season.
^ bagged a good doe huh
Best rack i have seen.......

Smile
^nice
LOL man...

I voted yes too, and had quite a few Dem votes.

Animal Rights activists who protest hunting are just unbelievably stupid. Hunting is needed to control population, in addition to many other reasons. This country has strayed so far from our original path and ideas...
Clicked the big R button, voted yes on this and walked away.

I just hope after another four years, we still have the right to vote...
Of course I voted yes on this one!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
After this election, hunting and fishing could well be the main source of providing food for the family in this neck of the woods.