Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Seger
Well, Bob and I had an agreement.

So, this will serve as my official public acknowledgment:

Bob was correct; I was incorrect.

I like my crow extra crispy.
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, Bob and I had an agreement.

So, this will serve as my official public acknowledgment:

Bob was correct; I was incorrect.

I like my crow extra crispy.

I can only have respect for that Granny Bear.Coming from a man who has had plenty of crow you might try a little ketchup with it cause it sure doesn't taste "just like chicken".Lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I put more faith in the nation's choice than Bob did.

Too bad!! I had a ton of cliches saved up for him!!
What were you incorrect about? The election I'm guessing?
You are guessing correctly, dear. I thought the nation would elect Romney, but I was wrong. Seger was right. I had sooo much crap saved up to throw at him, too!!
Wink
Granny,

I just deal with too many people day in and day out that abuse every entitlement program that you can get in this country that people like you and I work our tails off to pay for. I know how they think, how they talk, and what they are gonna do and say before they do it. You are absolutely NOT going to get people to go back to work after they have tasted the gravy train. I have to deal with this every single day. Once someone enters themselves on the unemployment benefit roster, you can forget it. What were once good hard working people, transform themselves into leeches of this society and are permanently attached for life. Then you have the never ending legacy of that tradition being passed down to generation after generaton. I watch it happen over and over and over. I know I am going to come across as a pessimist, but I truley believe that the United States as we have known, is now permanently lost forever and we will continue on that spiral downward (at an accelerated rate now) to our inevitable crash and burn as a country. Even though I knew it was going to be a long shot, I and many others held that slight hope that there would be "True Change" with this election, but sadly the odds have just become piled up so high that they have reached the point where they will never be able to overcome, but I am far from being surprised. Say goodbye to the USA, and hello to Karl Marx.

But if it makes you feel any better, I am finding no joy in hearing of your choice of meal for the day. I would gladly take your place in the soup line.
But if it makes you feel any better, I am finding no joy in hearing of your choice of meal for the day. I would gladly take your place in the soup line.

I know you would!!

But, this is the hand we were dealt. For ME, anyway, I think a greater power is in control and knows more than I. So we will all go forward and do what we have to do. We've already had new lay offs in the county from the coal mines just this morning.

I'm thankful at this point, that I'm not in control, and pray for those who are facing life changing decisions.

I conisder myself a patriotic person; sometimes I still get choked up during the singing of the National Anthem. I know that's corney, but still true. So, I will end this thread by simply stating..

God Bless America!!!!!!