Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The big head scratcher of the election.
TheRealVille Wrote:I agree. The clincher though, if with children that are still in the womb, and when the fetus is a viable human. But, we will never agree when that is, so it's a moot point to argue.

With the development of DNA science, the scientific facts are now on my side. The preborn, from conception, is a separate human being. You always like to refer to science so I'm sure you will admit that the viability spin is irrelevant. There really are absolutes in this life- even for those who have no spiritual beliefs.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:With the development of DNA science, the scientific facts are now on my side. The preborn, from conception, is a separate human being. You always like to refer to science so I'm sure you will admit that the viability spin is irrelevant. There really are absolutes in this life- even for those who have no spiritual beliefs.
Medical experts don't agree. They go with the 20 week viability thing. But, BTW, glad to see you here posting. A lot of others are in hiding. I have more respect for someone that shows up and defends his view, and in a pretty classy way. :Thumbs:
^ I've been here as it is. I'm not saying it in a smart way, but I worked today. I only post occasionally at work. There is not much else I can say really...the people spoke, we will see. I'm not too worked up about it. It's rare that the sitting president gets voted out anyways. I am sure that the turnout at least got Obama to thinking though. This morning I saw the count as 59 mill for Obama and not far from 58 mill for Romney. I want to say that Obama got around 69 mill votes in 2008.

What's happened, has happened...nothing I can do will change it. So it's nothing to get worked up over. What is disappointing, is the lack of class from the other side.
TheRealVille Wrote:Medical experts don't agree. They go with the 20 week viability thing. But, BTW, glad to see you here posting. A lot of others are in hiding. I have more respect for someone that shows up and defends his view, and in a pretty classy way. :Thumbs:

To me viability is immaterial. DNA has proven conclusively that the conceived child is a separate human being. Therefore, destroying it is not merely removing a growth from the woman like a wart or a tumor. It is destroying a separate life. That is what matters. All other opinions don't alter that fact. Viability is not a part of the argument. Whether conceived 10 weeks ago or born ten days ago, both are children and both are vulnerable.