Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So when will UK announce the signing of their new head football coach?
This guy needs to id and bring on board his own staff and then recruit, recruit, and recruit some more.

When does Mitch & Co. make their decision?

-Couple weeks

-Early December

-Christmas

-what do you think?
Next week or the week after. Id say they already know who they are getting.
I don't think Mitch wants to mess this one up, so it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't find out until January. I'm not guaranteeing it will take that long, but it woudn't surprise me if it did.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It will be before December get's here I'm sure.

In all honesty I see Dykes getting it. I see Cutcliffe going back to Tennessee, Petrino to Auburn.

If it is Dykes hopefully he brings in Brown as the OC and brings in a good DC.
The longer this takes the more opportunity to over think and screw it up. I hope they don't use the same consulting firm they used when they hired BCG.
It will be after the season...
The rummor I'm hearing is a big money booster has ask Barnhead to at least speak with Petrino offically or unoffically,and reminded him most A Ds only get one mulligan and that he has had two[Billy Clyde and TheJoke] and he should choose wisely.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I don't think Mitch wants to mess this one up, so it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't find out until January. I'm not guaranteeing it will take that long, but it woudn't surprise me if it did.

If you wait until Jan.you almost waste a recruiting year,and we can't stand to loose another recruiting year.We need to announce a hire yesterday.
If Boosters still have that much control over the program we are screwed.
^We've been without any complimentary KY for years!
Boosters play a role in every program.... believe that.
FBALL Wrote:If Boosters still have that much control over the program we are screwed.

If you don't think boosters run programs you are DRUNK!!!!!
Who do you think went to Memphis an flew Calipari to lexington to meet with Barnhead the first time.[Hint he owns railroads]
I wish I was drunk when I read some of this.
Is his last name Corman? Confusednicker:
" My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Is his last name Corman? Confusednicker:

Its Lamar.

Hedley Lamarr.
FBALL Wrote:" My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

When Petrino get the job we will have to put you in a padded room and take your shoestrings and belt, because I don't believe you will be as excited as the rest of us. LOL
If Petrino is hired I will become a Marshall fan until he leaves. Luckily that wouldn't be a long wait. But I don't think I'll have to worry about it.

You didn't get the Blazing Saddles quote did you?
"My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."
I'm saying early December when it is announced. I think in all honesty, Barnhart needs to make a great hire to take some of the criticism off himself so he is taking this slow.
I'm going with last week of November for the sake of the new coach and the rest of the now undecided staff.

Hopefully Hedley (big blazin' saddles fan), Mitch & the Gang can id, negotiate, and close effectively sooner rather than later.

Exit clauses and bowl obligations come into play with regards to timing. I'd like to think some penalty $$$ will come into play for early departure. If not that may be a sign we don't have the right guy ( wouldn't have to worry about that with Petrino....GUT Wink ).

Shame on me!
FBALL Wrote:If Petrino is hired I will become a Marshall fan until he leaves. Luckily that wouldn't be a long wait. But I don't think I'll have to worry about it.

You didn't get the Blazing Saddles quote did you?

Thats the same thing i didn when Joker was hired.
I tried to get you all to listen to me but people were in love with him.

I dont believe we could do any worse.
Spirit100 Wrote:I'm going with last week of November for the sake of the new coach and the rest of the now undecided staff.

Hopefully Hedley (big blazin' saddles fan), Mitch & the Gang can id, negotiate, and close effectively sooner rather than later.

Exit clauses and bowl obligations come into play with regards to timing. I'd like to think some penalty $$$ will come into play for early departure. If not that may be a sign we don't have the right guy ( wouldn't have to worry about that with Petrino....GUT Wink ).

Shame on me!

My deepest apologies.
Ive seen the first ten minutes of blazing saddles before i burnt the tape.

Petrino would stay and establish the program.
The other guys cant even build a program.
You really don't like Blazing Saddles?
FBALL Wrote:You really don't like Blazing Saddles?

Nope !!! Saw in once in the mid to late 70s two hours shot to hell.
One of the funniest movies ever. I am stunned.
I would say UK announces pretty shortly after the last UK football game.
Are you ready? Bill Cowher seen in Lexington!
That would be awesome but highly doubtful.
^ Where did you get that info from? If true was he seen talking to Mitch, touring the facilities?