Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caldwell County @ DeSales 11/23
Thoughts and predictions on this 2A State Semi-Final game.
I'll be pulling for the Colts !
Desales to fast and at Home Caldwell,county has a great combination in the young QB and reciever would like to get to see them play, Desales 28 Caldwell,Co 14.
Desales better be REAL fast to keep up with these young Tigers. Caldwell Count can put a lot of points on the board real fast and they proved this week that they can play a grind it out game and win. I say the difference will be Caldwell County's Brett Seymore. Seymore, their kicker, kicked a 45 yard field goal with 2:39 left in the game and the kick was into the wind! My prediction is Caldwell County 31-21. :trolldad2:
I've gone with Desales in every game this year that they were in the pick'em and they did well for me. I don't know much about either team except for what I look up online for my pick'em each week so I will go with Desales. 28-20
I was kind of (this is gonna sound very hard to believe) rooting for Murray to move on. The reason is, I felt like they would have the better chance of winning 2a state. I felt like their ground game could help control the game and that Caldwell Co was too helter skelter I will be rooting for Caldwell in this game but I do not expect them to even come close to winning. Now Caldwell plz prove me wrong.
DeSales has been hit with the injury bug, all season long. At one time I counted 6 kids on crutches. Now, they are getting back to healthy. As far as speed, Dylan Byrd will be the fastest kid on the field friday night. Can Caldwell contain him? That, along with the Colt defense, which has been very solid. I think DeSales has played the much tougher schedule, and it's showing in the playoffs. The great thing is, it's mostly juniors, and sophomores. They will be loaded next year! I'll take the Colts by 10. Here's hoping for a safe trip for Caldwell County, and an injury free ballgame!
Thanks ColtPride for the well wishes. Jaylen Boyd is the fastest player in western Kentucky. It may sound like I am being a homer, but every coach, including Joe Morris of Mayfield has agreed with me. :happybliss:
Caldwell co. Is the real deal ppl .. wow wat a qb if he stayes poised. Deff a d1probibility only a sophmore. Deadly at 60+yards as long as the recievers can hang on to the ball.. and ya well not to mention they have boyd +another strong back.. youll see soon enough caldwell. 38-14
DeSales by 10
DeSales
DeSales by 14
Caldwell. Can be a 2 different teams they can fall apart like they did against us or keep their act together like they did against Murray. So if it Mr Hyde then Desales by 10 if is Dr Jekyll Caldwell by 7.
Desales 28
Caldwell Co. 10
Ballboy, you must not be watching film. I can grant you that Caldwell can match DeSales in every postition with speed. I saw them play against Mayfield and against Murray. They have tremendous speed. They have a sophomore qb that is lights out throwing the ball. The line play is where they can be tested. I dont see anyone left in 2a or just about any class being able to out speed them. Please do not think I am taking up for them, I am stating this as a fact. I don't know who you are a fan of. If you dont have a team playing and you live in this area, go watch. Pay attention to their running back and their qb. They also have several receivers that are very fast. The qb dropped about a 60 yard pass into the endzone on us and hit the receiver in stride, we had perfect coverage on him and there was nothing we could do but watch the ref signal td. I think we beat them up at the line though.
Desales 21
Caldwell 14
Speed is great, if that's your game. I see DeSales playing a grind it out methodical power game. Classic catholic style football. They'll power up with the FB, then if they catch you loading up, they'll pitch it to Byrd. Caldwell might have great team speed. But I think Byrd will be the fastest overall player in the game. I hope they kick to him. I easily think Byrd is the best back they will have seen so far this year. I expect a low scoring game.
I hate to burst your bubble there Colt, but that don't work either. They have seen Jonathan Jackson from Mayfield. He is a D1 prospect at back and linebacker. They have a kid named Jaylen Boyd (I think I could have miss spelled it) that is an absolute barn burner. He isn't that far off from the great rec we had in 2009 by the name of Xavier Shelton that Memphis was recruiting. As far as the grind it out type game, that is what they just beat twice this year in Murray. Murray only lost 3 games also, by doing exactly what you are talking about. They lost to Mayfield and then to Caldwell Co twice. I will be totally honest with you, I did not think they could beat Murray the first time, let alone twice. I thought their defense could not hold up to prevent that grind it out type offense and they did. I haven't seen DeSales yet, so I therefore cannot tell you whether yall can do it or not. I can tell you that Caldwell has passed the test you are talking about twice though. It is a pretty simple thing though, as I have already stated. You have to beat them on the line, both offensively and defensively. If you can do that, then you stand a good shot of winning. If that qb gets any time at all in the pocket, they will dismantle you. I don't mean that to sound cocky or demeaning or any of that. I am not a Caldwell Co fan, I am from Mayfield. I am just giving you some food for thought.:popcorn:
The QB is Elijah Sindelar, and he isn't too slow either, but last week he let one fly and the ball traveled 70 yards in the air. All I ask of the DeSales' team and fans is to underestimate our Tigers. Jaylen Boyd can run and cut with anybody in the state, and if you stop him expect a good supply of freshman Dee Cain. TongueirateSho
Dream, good luck. I hope you guys show them that we aren't as week as they have been saying on here all year long. I even had someone ask me once this year, who is Caldwell Co, infering that we didn't play anyone. Good Luck, play injury free and let the air attach reign. I was just telling them about that one that went 60 yards on the dime against us for a td. We had excellent coverage on the wr and it still was where he could not do a thing with it.
Tez Sivills is a beast at WR too. Several small D1 colleges are looking at him, including the Military Academies
Caldwell county 35

Desales 28
Colt, you really need to check out the KHSAA site before you start questioning their speed and other things. I went there in about 2 minutes had the following stats for you. The RB that I was speaking of is #5 in 2a in yardage. The QB is #4 in 2a in passing yardage. They WR is #4 in receiving yardage. Their offense is #2 in 2a in scoring. Their defense is #11 in scoring allowed. Their teams is #4 in 2a in scoring margin. Their team is #4 in scoring in passing. While their schedule is not the toughest around, it wasn't that bad either. They played 4a Calloway Co with a winning record. They beat a top 10 Murray team twice. They played the #1 ranked team in 1a on the road. They played some other schools that were over their class including a pretty good Trigg Co team.
mysonis55 Wrote:Colt, you really need to check out the KHSAA site before you start questioning their speed and other things. I went there in about 2 minutes had the following stats for you. The RB that I was speaking of is #5 in 2a in yardage. The QB is #4 in 2a in passing yardage. They WR is #4 in receiving yardage. Their offense is #2 in 2a in scoring. Their defense is #11 in scoring allowed. Their teams is #4 in 2a in scoring margin. Their team is #4 in scoring in passing. While their schedule is not the toughest around, it wasn't that bad either. They played 4a Calloway Co with a winning record. They beat a top 10 Murray team twice. They played the #1 ranked team in 1a on the road. They played some other schools that were over their class including a pretty good Trigg Co team.

I never questioned their team speed. I said they might have great team speed, but I believe Byrd will be the fastest player on the field. I also believe Byrd will have been the best back they have faced. Does that guarantee a Colt win on Friday? No. I stand by our schedule, and I think it has prepared us well. Good luck on Friday.
I have done some more research for Colt and the rest of you interested in this game. This information comes straight from the KHSAA site. What I also have done is a rating on the schedule which is simply how many teams above our below your teams classification you played. For instance if you are 2a and you play a 6a team, that would be plus 5. So with this in mind, this is what I found.

Caldwell Co has a record of 10-3. Caldwell's schedule is a plus 7. Their opponents combined record is 80-66. They have scored 523 points against that schedule. They have allowed 262 points against that schedule. Their avg score in these games has been 40-20.

DeSales has a record of 9-4. DeSales' schedule is a plus 5. Their opponents combined record is 75-74. They have scored 409 points against that schedule. They have allowed 237 points against that schedule. Their avg score in these games has been 31-18.

I also noticed that each of these teams have had 6 games against teams with winning records.

I would have to say they have both played pretty similar type schedules. Sometimes you just gotta do the math before you know what a team has done.
sorry on the rating system at 2a playing a 6a would be a plus 4. I'm used to doing this for 1a teams.
Now that I have looked at this schedule, I feel like I am ready to make my pick.

Caldwell Co 40
DeSales 31
ColtPride Wrote:I never questioned their team speed. I said they might have great team speed, but I believe Byrd will be the fastest player on the field. I also believe Byrd will have been the best back they have faced. Does that guarantee a Colt win on Friday? No. I stand by our schedule, and I think it has prepared us well. Good luck on Friday.

Sorry dude Byrd is not a better back than Jackson 1700 yards rushing 8.5 yards a carry and 30 tds against a monster schedule and thrown in the fact that Mayfield blew so many teams out that he hardly had any second half carries. He plays for 4 quarters he could have easily hit 2800 yrds and 40tds. Not saying Byrd isnt a great back cause he is but jackson has better numbers against better competition and is 40 lbs heavier. Heck Boyd from Caldwell has put up comparable stats to byrd against similar competition.
Good luck Tigers!
rednblackattack Wrote:Sorry dude Byrd is not a better back than Jackson 1700 yards rushing 8.5 yards a carry and 30 tds against a monster schedule and thrown in the fact that Mayfield blew so many teams out that he hardly had any second half carries. He plays for 4 quarters he could have easily hit 2800 yrds and 40tds. Not saying Byrd isnt a great back cause he is but jackson has better numbers against better competition and is 40 lbs heavier. Heck Boyd from Caldwell has put up comparable stats to byrd against similar competition.

Jackson is a great back. But his season stats, which do not include playoff games, which is what the KHSAA lists, his numbers aren't as good as Byrd's. In a 10 game schedule, he had 148 carries , 1164 yards, 22 TD's. Byrd, in 10 games had 140 carries, 1217 yards, with 18 TD's. Those numbers are almost dead on each other. I still think Byrd played against better competition. I don't think anyone on your schedule is better than Central, and PRP. , and maybe only Warren Central is better than CAL was. The biggest knock on Byrd is his size. He's not a big back. He's not going to run over anyone. But he can catch the ball out of the backfield, and if he gets the corner he's gone.
Hey, i'm just glad we can still talk football, with our teams still in it! I just dropped my son off at DeSales, they are all spending the day together watching extra film, and prepping for tonight. Good luck to everyones teams tonight. This is what it's all about! I hope for safe trips for all that have to travel, and no injuries tonight.