•  Previous
  • 9(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Coaching Rumors
Yeah looks like UK will have to settle which means 3 more years of misery, guess everyones getting used to that by now though..Good ol' Barnhart waited too long.
I knew Sonny Dykes and Butch Jones had said no already but i don't think that Stoops has said no because as of right now the only school showing interest in him other then UK is an Auburn team that is about to get killed by the NCAA so that doesn't make sense for him to turn us down right now unless he is staying put.
From what I've heard, Stoops really fired up the UK Brass by telling them which way he thinks the UK program can go and that he's wanting it more than any other candidate.

MacIntyre said that he hasn't been contacted by UK/offered the UK job and didn't know anything about it until his daughter from Texas called him and told him about it and he said it's just internet stuff. He went on to say that his son is a JR in high school and that would effect whatever decision he decides to make and went on to say that he heard of some nice schools around the Lexington Area.

I do believe we will have a new coach this week, either Stoops or MacIntyre.
If all of them said no then McIntyre will be the coach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Strikeout King Wrote:From what I've heard, Stoops really fired up the UK Brass by telling them which way he thinks the UK program can go and that he's wanting it more than any other candidate.

Did this come before or after the news that Jimbo Fisher denied Stoops talking to UK yet?
Jumbo fisher is gong to say that. You wouldn't want to loose your defensive coordinator now would you?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

^ Maybe it was a covert operation and Jumbo didn't know about? and maybe CBSsports is full of crap...I'm thinking the later!
If he isn't interested then he should come out and say it like Kirby Smart did.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:If he isn't interested then he should come out and say it like Kirby Smart did.

Smart did good by Bama because he is next in line when Saban retires/leaves and wanted to squelch rumors early.

The Stoops of the coaching universe would lose their leverage on the hiring process by coming right out and denying discussion. A good candidate will and should meet with or talk to a few schools in hopes of reaping the benefit of a bidding battle and increasing the offer they'll receive!
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Did this come before or after the news that Jimbo Fisher denied Stoops talking to UK yet?

It came after that. The only other SEC school that's looking at Stoops is Auburn and they are fixing to get hit hard by the NCAA so why would he wanna go there?
Strikeout King Wrote:From what I've heard, Stoops really fired up the UK Brass by telling them which way he thinks the UK program can go and that he's wanting it more than any other candidate.

MacIntyre said that he hasn't been contacted by UK/offered the UK job and didn't know anything about it until his daughter from Texas called him and told him about it and he said it's just internet stuff. He went on to say that his son is a JR in high school and that would effect whatever decision he decides to make and went on to say that he heard of some nice schools around the Lexington Area.

I do believe we will have a new coach this week, either Stoops or MacIntyre.

"Internet stuff" is a great word for it.

Pretty much, bull.

It was all over everything that Mclintyre was coming to UK yesterday and he comes out and says he hasnt even talked to them.

This is why i know cats pause, KSR, sea of blue, etc are all full of CRAP.
Strikeout King Wrote:Mitch also stated that the next coach will have "Character"

Wonder how Mithch feels about this now.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)