•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Coaching Rumors
^
Boise is dominant.
I would take him as long as we could move UK to conference USA, where Peterson would continue to win.
Peterson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What, that Fulmer will die in 3 years?

Nope. The one about Petrino coming to UK. You say he is or that UK should choose him, I say he isn't. I'll even let you pick the betting deal
Strikeout King Wrote:Nope. The one about Petrino coming to UK. You say he is or that UK should choose him, I say he isn't. I'll even let you pick the betting deal

For the 10th time, (and last) I have never once said Petrino is coming to UK.
NOT ONCE!

Ive only supported the idea because of the jokes you and FBALL list everyday.
I will never let my bets lay on the ability of Barney to make the best hire.
He wouldnt have brought Cal in here had the boosters not kicked him in the ass.

Petrino SHOULD be the next coach if UK wants to win.
Will he? Probably not. We will prolly be 5-31 over the next 3 years with Sonny or Butch at the helm knowing these idiots.
Three names you can forget and stop talking about. Petrino, Fulmer and Peterson none are being considered from my understand, this is coming from a prominent booster.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Three names you can forget and stop talking about. Petrino, Fulmer and Peterson none are being considered from my understand, this is coming from a prominent booster.

Im beginning to think we have more people in "the know" here at BGRthat we should take over as the number one news source. KSR hasnt got crap on us.

Ive never seen so many boosters and sources in my life. I kid about sources, while several actually believe they know some.
I'm also hearing there is a "big name" who is on the list right now which would bring validity to the comments Matt Jones has been making on the KSR show. I would say the announcement will be made around Christmas try and keep sane.
I would take Cowher. That is the only other choice.

But im sure "hes not on the list"
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im beginning to think we have more people in "the know" here at BGRthat we should take over as the number one news source. KSR hasnt got crap on us.

Ive never seen so many boosters and sources in my life. I kid about sources, while several actually believe they know some.

My source is credible and is from Pikeville, spent several tailgates with Rich Brooks since his departure. You can take my word if you want but I wouldn't blow smoke up your butt.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I'm also hearing there is a "big name" who is on the list right now which would bring validity to the comments Matt Jones has been making on the KSR show. I would say the announcement will be made around Christmas try and keep sane.

Well who is it don't keep us waiting.
Gut would blow smoke up Petrino's butt. Or wherever scumbag asked him to.
Strikeout King Wrote:Well who is it don't keep us waiting.

No one has mentioned the name to me just said it was an Ace up the sleeve.

I would find it hard to believe IF a big name hire was made, Stoops and/or Butch are the two I'm hearing and Stoops could be the "Ace".
I'm assuming Stoops is the Florida State D-Coord? Surely Bob wouldn't leave Oklahoma. I would if both would come on the UK staff. Butch as HC and Stoops as DC
Strikeout King Wrote:I'm assuming Stoops is the Florida State D-Coord? Surely Bob wouldn't leave Oklahoma

That would be accurate and would be a great hire for Kentucky he could do great things with a young defense.

If they want him though they will need to move FAST.
Yes, because Stoops did a great job in keeping Florida from coming back on them today.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yes, because Stoops did a great job in keeping Florida from coming back on them today.

You do realize the offense for FSU only had 5 TOs as well correct?

I understand your a Petrino guy and I don't blame you however, I'm not one to eat that cake and he's out of the conversation from everything I am hearing and every report that is coming out. Time to move on.

If you couldn't settle for Stoops than I don't know what to tell you rather than your reaching way to far.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:You do realize the offense for FSU only had 5 TOs as well correct?

I understand your a Petrino guy and I don't blame you however, I'm not one to eat that cake and he's out of the conversation from everything I am hearing and every report that is coming out. Time to move on.

If you couldn't settle for Stoops than I don't know what to tell you rather than your reaching way to far.

Thats the problem.
UK has sucked long enough.
Its time to reach TOO far IMO.

Either way, the ACC is definitely not the SEC, his defense would not work here.
After the way the SEC dominated the ACC tonight, just confirms it. 3-0
FBALL Wrote:I hate Fulmer. Scumbag is barely a .500 coach against SEC opponents. Gut still has a disturbing man crush on the scumbag and now we have a Stoops in the mix. Like Sands through the hourglass............

Lol
You don't know what you are talking about Fulmer was 98-34 in the SEC for a winning percentage of 74.2% which is .8% lower than Steve Spurrier
Look whoever takes this job knows it will take time. They know that us fans really don't expect us to go to a bowl. Regardless who gets it, they know that we will be picked last again next year. Just go out and get us some players. That is what it takes to win games. Kentucky can be a 6-8 win program if we get the right players and the right coaching staff.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would take Cowher. That is the only other choice.

But im sure "hes not on the list"

:yikes: Gut, I agree with you here................Waiting to see if my computer blows up! He would be a great hire, but I think he's happy being a commentator. Coach Cal with his ties to the Pittsburgh area might be able to help out. Think he would help the program sooner rather than later.
Cowher is the only choice besides Petrino.

He'll bring in the popular appeal to the people.
But even with Cowher i just dont believe he could win.
We dont need to take chances on coaches who arent proven winners on the college football level and on the SEC level.
highspeedsteel Wrote:You don't know what you are talking about Fulmer was 98-34 in the SEC for a winning percentage of 74.2% which is .8% lower than Steve Spurrier

What does any of that have to do with me hating tha fat Elmer Fudd looking crybaby. I know if I hate the guy or not.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Cowher is the only choice besides Petrino.

He'll bring in the popular appeal to the people.
But even with Cowher i just dont believe he could win.
We dont need to take chances on coaches who arent proven winners on the college football level and on the SEC level.
There are lots of choices you just don't like them.

17-15. :eyeroll:
The problem with going for a "Home Run Hire" is the same as going for a home run: you often strike out.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im beginning to think we have more people in "the know" here at BGRthat we should take over as the number one news source. KSR hasnt got crap on us.

My "sources" agree with you. :biggrin:
When I saw "Cowher" as an option, I thought it said Cowherd, like Collin Cowherd. I was about to flip out and jump on a new bandwagon. That guy is a genius.

But Cowher is great too.
[Image:

]
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I'm also hearing there is a "big name" who is on the list right now which would bring validity to the comments Matt Jones has been making on the KSR show. I would say the announcement will be made around Christmas try and keep sane.

This guy needs to hire a staff and start recruiting asap...end of December isn't going to fly!

I've said it once I'll say it again history shows the decision makers will screw this up...again prepare to be disappointed!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yes, because Stoops did a great job in keeping Florida from coming back on them today.

:BigLaugh::BigLaugh:
FBALL Wrote:What does any of that have to do with me hating tha fat Elmer Fudd looking crybaby. I know if I hate the guy or not.

Something we agree on.
Spirit100 Wrote:This guy needs to hire a staff and start recruiting asap...end of December isn't going to fly!

I've said it once I'll say it again history shows the decision makers will screw this up...again prepare to be disappointed!!!

Someone with as much confidence in BARNHEAD as me.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next