Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best freshmen this year?
smackem Wrote:.

I think the freshmen WR/TE from Lex CATH shows a lot of promise to be very very good
Bolye County has a very nice freshman that starts both sides of the ball. WR and Saftey.
I think his name is Robbins. #15
Without a doubt its between Castle Hatcher of Somerset or Riley Hall of Pulaski.
Both contribute an extremely large amount to their team and the teams success.
Hatcher and Hall have got to be in top 5
fr. QB in State.
Hands down Castle Hatcher... You don't often find a freshman in that situation who garners so much respect from his competitors.
I'm going with Paintsville's Kash Daniel. Started all 11 games this year and was named All E Ky Conference 1st team with around 700 rushing yds and over 1200 passing yds. Tough gritty kid, he gets my vote.
sstack Wrote:I think the freshmen WR/TE from Lex CATH shows a lot of promise to be very very good

He definitely looks like a player to watch, he's big, physical, and fast. Has pretty good hands too.
Knott co running back Jalin Williams lead his team to the best year they have had in years is one of the best freshmans iv seen in a while
Quinton baker from Ashland has to be on the list . Had he not missed the last 5 games his stats would've been mind boggling. Can't wait to see him bigger and stronger next season.
knighted Wrote:Bolye County has a very nice freshman that starts both sides of the ball. WR and Saftey.
I think his name is Robbins. #15

He also led the varsity baseball team in hr s and batting avg as a 8 th grader.

He is also the jv qback he s going to be a mr football contender as a senior the kid is a pure athlete
Beechwood QB Kyle Fieger, 3 playoff wins under center, doesn't try to do way too much. Very disciplined and smooth

Covington Holy Cross had 2 freshmen that made huge contributions this year. Hamilton Scott was the kicker and safety. Markel McClendon led the team in interceptions
Beechwood Ethan Stringer running back. Boone County Thad Moss(Randy Moss's son)
Demetrius "Dee" Cain of Caldwell County is a Devin Hester-like player. He starts at safety on defense, WR on offense, and returns punt of which he has took 4 to the house that have stood up, and at least 4 more that have been taken away by penalties. He, also takes direct snaps, has punted, parked cars, sold popcorn and tickets, and directs the band at halftime! Confusednicker:
UK1fan Wrote:Beechwood Ethan Stringer running back. Boone County Thad Moss(Randy Moss's son)

I can't believe I am going to say this but I agree with you UK1Fan that Ethan Stringer is the Real deal.

Thad Moss did not impress me at all.

Matt Wilson at Campbell Co. is a special QB 6'5" 220lbs. Just need to hone in on accuracy he will be really good to come.
Zack Mills-Whitley County
pjdoug Wrote:Zack Mills-Whitley County

95 Rush Attempts
854 Rushing Yards
8.9 Yards Per Run
6 Rushing TD's.
3 Two Point Conversions

2 of 3 Passing
42 Yards
1 Pasing TD

8 Receptions
239 Receiving Yards
5 Receiving TD's

72 Total Points
7 tackles
Prestonsburg RB/WR Dalton Frasure

88 Rush Attempts
605 Yards
8 Rushing TDs

16 Receptions
251 Yards
2 Receiving TDs
Hands down Zach Mills from Whitley Co
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Quinton baker from Ashland has to be on the list . Had he not missed the last 5 games his stats would've been mind boggling. Can't wait to see him bigger and stronger next season.

You are so right. He could go down as the best running back in Ashland history and his senior year he should make a run at being Mr. Football. The future is very bright indeed for this young man.
I'm going to throw some linemen in here.

Sammy Smith and Mitch Redden of Russell. Both are big and can move. The led Russell's freshman team to an undefeated record and were never really challenged.
Looking at some of the numbers that these freshmen have put up, there should be a pretty good senior class in a few years.
Patch Wrote:Looking at some of the numbers that these freshmen have put up, there should be a pretty good senior class in a few years.

Jackson Pruitt is another very good frosh in the backfield for Ashland. I expect next year to be alot like 08 with Rashard carter and josh Albers in the backfield. Thunder and lightning
Zach Mills-Whitley Co.-RB-Most talented freshman I have ever seen Whitley have.

Austin Husky-Williamsburg-Defense-The kid likes to run and hit and made a lot of big plays for the Jackets.
Josiah Robbins Boyle County Big deal for a freshman to start on both sides of the ball for a program like Boyle. 102 yd int. ret. for a t.d., 88 yd pass for a t.d., 91 yds rushing on John Hardin 5A powerhouse.

539 rec yds 26 catches over 20 yds per catch
191 yds passing
175 yds rushing
4 interceptions
40 t tackles

and parks cars before game
Sam Letton-Lex Cath
TigerBlues Wrote:I'm going with Paintsville's Kash Daniel. Started all 11 games this year and was named All E Ky Conference 1st team with around 700 rushing yds and over 1200 passing yds. Tough gritty kid, he gets my vote.

Add First Team All Area. Announced today. 10 passing and 10 rushing TD's
In all honesty, this may be the best year for Frosh i can ever remember.
There are more talented starting frosh out there this year than i ever recall.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:In all honesty, this may be the best year for Frosh i can ever remember.
There are more talented starting frosh out there this year than i ever recall.

Sounds like that Ky FBU team from last year has produced this year. Frasure, Letton,Daniel, Mills, and Hatcher were on the roster. They are going to be a treat to follow for the next three years. Best to all.
Belfry is a mostly sophomore/junior loaded team, however our most contributing freshman are Keilan Carr and Devin Wellman.. kicker and punter! Ask the JCHS fans about Wellman, he booted a 70 yard punt against them!