Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky BatCats Ranked 4th, 6th and 7th...
In the Collegiate Baseball poll UK moved up to 4th.
USA Today/ESPN ranked them 6th, and Baseball America ranked them 7th.

Congrats BatCats!!

:thumpsup:
This is GREAT! I just hope they haven't peaked and can at least make it to Omaha. GO CATS!
SO UNREAL...1 year and look what Coach Cohen does!
WOW !!! Congrats UK !
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:SO UNREAL...1 year and look what Coach Cohen does!

This is Coach Cohen's 3rd year...

On another note, UK squeaked by Belmont tonight 7-2, because of 6 unearned runs on 1 error by the Belmont Left Fielder. Looked pretty flat tonight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DIdin't mean to make it sound like it was his first year. I meant what a difference 1 year makes..from worst to first!
Where were all you "fans" the last couple of years? I love how most of you all of the sudden love UK Baseball now that they're winning..Smile
Disco Stu Wrote:Where were all you "fans" the last couple of years? I love how most of you all of the sudden love UK Baseball now that they're winning..Smile

We just take pride in our state and it's athletics...I dont care if UK had a Cricket team that was ranked 4th..i would still be happy and cheer them on...GO CATS! :1:
Way to go BatCats!!! Keep moving up!
gish_7 Wrote:We just take pride in our state and it's athletics...I dont care if UK had a Cricket team that was ranked 4th..i would still be happy and cheer them on...GO CATS! :1:

I think Stu meant that most people didn't support the team last year or before this year, and now are just jumping on the bandwagon..Which is true for the most part.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Disco Stu Wrote:Where were all you "fans" the last couple of years? I love how most of you all of the sudden love UK Baseball now that they're winning..Smile
I always looked at the box score last year....but back then there wasn't much to talk about.....

Hold on a second stu....you've been here since APRIL, so how do you know that these people were not baseball fans a year ago?? there is no reason for your statement whatsoever, because you have no idea what anybody was doing or watching a year ago.........no idea....
corndog23 Wrote:Hold on a second stu....you've been here since APRIL, so how do you know that these people were not baseball fans a year ago?? there is no reason for your statement whatsoever, because you have no idea what anybody was doing or watching a year ago.........no idea....

That doesn't mean I've just been around since April. I've been an avid reader for more than long enough. And trust me, I KNOW none of these people were fans last year, because the stands were empty and so were the message boards. Then all of the sudden everybody loves UK Baseball, but I can guaruntee that the first sign of trouble everybody will abandon ship again.
Well Stu its like that in every sport ! I remember when the Panthers had just about 4,000 people show up to one of there games and the next season they went to the super bowl ! Baseball is a sport that UK has never really been any good at ! So now that there good sure where gonna go for them in the stretch thats what all UK fans do or any fan in the world will do !
corndog23 Wrote:Hold on a second stu....you've been here since APRIL, so how do you know that these people were not baseball fans a year ago?? there is no reason for your statement whatsoever, because you have no idea what anybody was doing or watching a year ago.........no idea....

I agree!
I have been a huge fan since my good friend was there catcher a couple of years ago, Caleb Brock
way to go Cats! and just because we havnt been talkin about them for years doesnt mean we wasnt fans...... it just there wasnt much to talk about...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Great news how many more games do they have left?
UKGIRL20 Wrote:Great news how many more games do they have left?

3 with Georgia this week. If UK wins one of those games, they win the SEC reg. season title.

The SEC Tourney starts next week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Where is the SEC tourney?
hoover, alabama