Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bo Smith Dismissed From Football Team
Bo Smith Dismissed From Football Team: Bo Smith, a senior cornerback on the University of Kentucky football team, has been dismissed for violation of team rules, Coach Rich Brooks has announced. Smith played 32 games in his Kentucky career, including 15 starting assignments. His three-year totals include 133 tackles, five tackles for loss, three pass interceptions, 11 pass breakups, three fumbles caused, and one blocked kick. He also scored a touchdown in last season’s win over Vanderbilt when he caught a blocked field goal and returned it 72 yards for a score.

Brooks has no comment on the dismissal.

NCAA Says Moss Must Sit Out Six Games: Ravi Moss, the former University of Kentucky basketball player who joined the Wildcat football team this spring, will have to sit out the first six games of the 2006 season according to a decision by the NCAA.

Moss, who had not played football since sixth grade, came out for the team on March 29 and went through two practices as a wide receiver, then decided not to continue the new sport. Following that decision, he participated in a “barnstorming game” and two autograph sessions with other UK basketball seniors and was paid for those appearances. Moss had a change of heart and returned to the football team on April 15.

However, accepting payment for the barnstorming game and autograph events is a breach of the NCAA regulation that does not allow student-athletes with remaining eligibility from marketing their athletic reputations.

“I’m sorry that we can’t have Ravi’s services for the full season but we’ll get him for the final six games and I’m glad of that,” Brooks said. “I’m pleased that, even with this ruling, he has decided to stick with football and give it a chance.”

“I’m really disappointed, but I’m going to stick to my commitment to play football,” Moss said.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
This will hurt the Kentucky Defense !
Bad news.
If we are depending on him to shut down the sec that is the BAD news.
so does anyone know what happened
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Boy, this is a shocker! And for all of you RAVI MOSS Fans that jumped on his bandwagon..SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! But I guess he was inocent and didn't know he could accept money huh..Come on, let's hear it! We are lucky that we don't get put on probation!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Boy, this is a shocker! And for all of you RAVI MOSS Fans that jumped on his bandwagon..SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! But I guess he was inocent and didn't know he could accept money huh..Come on, let's hear it! We are lucky that we don't get put on probation!

One word for you: Lame

What do you have against Ravi Moss? There's nothing wrong with people supporting him and his decision to play football. Nobody said he was going to be a savior or even be that good, but it is pretty amazing that he's athletic enough to play basketball for UK and then walk on to the football team as well. I'm sure he didn't know the rules, as most young men our age wouldn't. And we are not lucky, it would be the biggest travesty in sports history if UK got put on probation for that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lame?...Do you even know what the word lame means?
Hey Alfus, you went to Valley didn't ya..NUFF SAID!
Keep it on topic Boys !
Yes Daddy..
In all honesty, these 2 players will hurt U.K. this year. Of course Bo Smith more than Ravi Moss...From the highlights that I seen of Moss, it looked like his routes wasn't crisp at all, of course I guess that is since he hasn't played football since 6th grade..Really think he could have been a player if he would have played both through middle/high school though..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Hey Alfus, you went to Valley didn't ya..NUFF SAID!

Smile Wow...That was really mature...Just what I expected for a respsonse though...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How is PLAYBOY still a member after talking to moderators that way over and over again?

Bo Smith is no big loss, and Ravi is a non-factor though it is cool that he plays football now too. He is amazing as an athlete
Ravi is AMAZING as an athlete? Are you serious..Please oh Please give me the facts that proves he is AMAZING? The boy didn't even start on his basketball team..and hasn't proved ANYTHING as a football player who quit once which doesn't say alot to me about him? AMAZING.??.Boy, I think that was pretty much an overblown word for such..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Ravi is AMAZING as an athlete? Are you serious..Please oh Please give me the facts that proves he is AMAZING? The boy didn't even start on his basketball team..and hasn't proved ANYTHING as a football player who quit once which doesn't say alot to me about him? AMAZING.??.Boy, I think that was pretty much an overblown word for such..

Uhhhhh...Let's see. He walked on to the best college basketball program of all time, and contributed. He held his own with the best college basketball players in the nation. He's muscular, he's fast, he's quick, he's strong, and he's smart. He then walked on to a Division I, SEC football team that just had an amazing recruiting class. He adapted quickly and took some hits and played pretty good on the blue/white game for never having played in so long.

The fact that Ravi Moss is a member of the SEC good works team, and finished college with a very high ERA while playing basketball says something to me about him. ANY person who can walk on to a basketball team and contribute, and then walk on to a football team for a coach who has won the Rose Bowl and knows football despite some of his blunders at UK is one hell of an amazing athlete. I like to think the % of people that could do that is EXTREMELY small and the ones who can do it are amazing athletes. Plain and simple, and anybody with a damn lick of common sense would know that.
That is HILARIOUS!!!!! Thank You for the Sunday evening comics..LOL!!!!!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:That is HILARIOUS!!!!! Thank You for the Sunday evening comics..LOL!!!!!!

No boy, thank you for really sticking it to me with your witty remark and putting it ALL out there on the table for discussion. You really left a lot for the imagination didn't ya sport? Smile
You are as AMAZING as Ravi Moss is..and we all know how AMAZING THAT IS..stay on topic please..as this discussion is about Ravi Moss and the other thug who got dismissed from the team..AND THAT MY FRIENDS IS A FACT THAT I CAN BACK UP..HAHAHAHA!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:You are as AMAZING as Ravi Moss is..and we all know how AMAZING THAT IS..stay on topic please..as this discussion is about Ravi Moss and the other thug who got dismissed from the team..AND THAT MY FRIENDS IS A FACT THAT I CAN BACK UP..HAHAHAHA!!

Why thank you for calling me amazing. I don't know if that was supposed to upset me or what but it was a poor effort for sure. Am I missing something or did you just refer to Ravi Moss as a thug. I couldn't care less about Bo Smith as he never seemed to me to be much of an impact player, but for any imbecile to say that Ravi Moss is not an amazing athlete is nothing short of amazing in it's own right. But then again there's so many persons that can play basketball and football at a Division 1, SEC school. I guess I missed that fact eh?
Well, if the school is UK, then the odds are VERY GOOD!!!! Because for one thing, you guys can take that PRESTIGIOUS PROGRAM away from the basketball side of it because it just isn't that anymore. And Kentucky football....NEED I SAY ANYTHING ELSE???? Didn't say RAVI MOSS IS A THUG DID I?????? NO I DIDN'T! I actually like Moss, but he isn't amazing..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Well, if the school is UK, then the odds are VERY GOOD!!!! Because for one thing, you guys can take that PRESTIGIOUS PROGRAM away from the basketball side of it because it just isn't that anymore. And Kentucky football....NEED I SAY ANYTHING ELSE???? Didn't say RAVI MOSS IS A THUG DID I?????? NO I DIDN'T! I actually like Moss, but he isn't amazing..

That’s ridiculous to say, but that’s no surprise coming from you. One bad year does not take away the prestige factor at UK for the basketball team. They are still the best basketball program with the richest history, and most wins along with all those national titles. One bad year does not make it a bad program. Once again anybody with common sense knows that.

UK football isn’t very good, but it’s still an SEC football team. He made the team, and is adjusting with ease to the change. It takes a real athlete to play basketball for a great team, and then play football for an SEC team in which he hasn’t played the sport in 10 years or something, and then be able to go out there and take the hits from people playing their whole lives.

You didn’t right out say Moss was a thug but you insinuated it with “and the other thug”

And it’s obvious how much you like Moss, because you jumped all over him and everybody who supported him when he decided to try out for the football team. Instead of bashing the guy, why not support him. He’s only trying to help UK and restore the good name of UK football. And people like you bring him down for it.
I think this is a good place to end this dicussion, because it's gotten so off topic, but I'd like to finish by agreeing and saying that I too believe Ravi Moss is an amazing athlete. Feel free to start a new thread if you want to keep it on topic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]