Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirby Smart not interested in Kentucky
Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart told Kentucky he was not interested in becoming the Wildcats' next head coach, according to a report from Matt Jones of KentuckySportsRadio.com.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/team/1...rture.html

Sucks that we lose another name.. all names seem to be going away.. Dykes, Smart, Cutcliffe.... all gone.

I guess we will have to see how this comes out for Kentucky..
[Image:

]
FBALL ,see what I told you.No decent coach will take this job.
If you build it they will come.

Peterson!
FBALL Wrote:If you build it they will come.

Peterson!

That is exactly what I've been telling you for two weeks.But you keep thinking we have this powerhouse program that coaches are knocking down our door to get here. Now your finding out no one wants it.This is the exact reason I think we needed to go after Petrino. Not many want him and nobody wants us.If Petrino build it up some and left after 3or 4 years I believe it would be a lot easier to hire a coach.
insideinfo Wrote:That is exactly what I've been telling you for two weeks.But you keep thinking we have this powerhouse program that coaches are knocking down our door to get here. Now your finding out no one wants it.This is the exact reason I think we needed to go after Petrino. Not many want him and nobody wants us.If Petrino build it up some and left after 3or 4 years I believe it would be a lot easier to hire a coach.

Who ever said Kentucky was a football powerhouse?

Nobody. But what UK has is Money and being in the best conference in football. All I have said is shoot for the moon and don't settle.

Scumbag is a gamble and settling for less.
We all know UK needs to upgrade their facilities. But so does Vandy and look at what they got in Franklin. There are some good coaches out there that need a shot. UK is definitely a place where you could get a shot.
There are so many good Defensive Coordinators in the SEC I'd like to see UK land one of them to be the next coach...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:There are so many good Defensive Coordinators in the SEC I'd like to see UK land one of them to be the next coach...

If you take Tenn,Auburns,Arkansas,Ky,and Smart off the list you can get turned down7 more times, You guys have got to wake up and smell the roses nobody from the S E C is going to take this job.
insideinfo Wrote:If you take Tenn,Auburns,Arkansas,Ky,and Smart off the list you can get turned down7 more times, You guys have got to wake up and smell the roses nobody from the S E C is going to take this job.

Oh I know LOL... I don't care really...

Just would like to see someone that can turn their program around... UK is never going to be a National Championship team in Football but someone that can get them to 7 to 9 wins a year would be nice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just want to be respectful.
I want to win big.
FBALL Wrote:We all know UK needs to upgrade their facilities. But so does Vandy and look at what they got in Franklin. There are some good coaches out there that need a shot. UK is definitely a place where you could get a shot.

Bandy has way better facilities than we do. They just update a couple of years ago, and they have a recruiting room. We are the only one in the SEC that doesn't have one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Confusednicker:

FBALL, your options are running out.....

I told you they would.....

Only a few options left, and id say if Petrino accepts, he wil be your next coach.
The only way it doesnt happen is if he turns it down.
I for one am glad all these crappy coaches are now off the list.

It may be a great choice now that the options have severely dwindled.
Oh my if it happens :biggrin:
Bandy? I ment to say Vandy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Scumbag can go rot.

Plenty of other options.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Bandy? I ment to say Vandy!

I liked Bandy.LOL
cougarpride08 Wrote:Bandy has way better facilities than we do. They just update a couple of years ago, and they have a recruiting room. We are the only one in the SEC that doesn't have one.

That just proves the point. You don't need a Petrino. There are plenty of good young coaches out there. But you do need to make the program more attractive and cut out these hit or miss recruiting classes where we are always trying to find a diamond in the rough.

James Franklin is a good coach but is he that good or is it that Bandy finally made a commitment to get better.
FBALL Wrote:That just proves the point. You don't need a Petrino. There are plenty of good young coaches out there. But you do need to make the program more attractive and cut out these hit or miss recruiting classes where we are always trying to find a diamond in the rough.

James Franklin is a good coach but is he that good or is it that Bandy finally made a commitment to get better.

Yes...
Yes he is...
zaga_fan Wrote:Yes...
Yes he is...

He can't be. He had never been a big time HC or won in the SEC. :devilflam
FBALL Wrote:Who ever said Kentucky was a football powerhouse?

Nobody. But what UK has is Money and being in the best conference in football. All I have said is shoot for the moon and don't settle.

Scumbag is a gamble and settling for less.

UK might have money but they don't want to put that much of it into the football program. 90% of there money go into the basketball program.
insideinfo Wrote:That is exactly what I've been telling you for two weeks.But you keep thinking we have this powerhouse program that coaches are knocking down our door to get here. Now your finding out no one wants it.This is the exact reason I think we needed to go after Petrino. Not many want him and nobody wants us.If Petrino build it up some and left after 3or 4 years I believe it would be a lot easier to hire a coach.
This is because Kensucky has got beat down in the SEC for so long that the people have got delusional over time. They think just because Kensucky is in the most dominant conference that they are a part of it, but go ask true fans of teams like Alabama or Florida or LSU and see what they think about Kensucky. Like I said in the ND-USC thread, take kensucky out of the SEC and put em in the Big East for the basketball stuff and put ND in the SEC. After all people just keep sayin that ND should get in a major conference!!!
:thatsfunnConfusednicker:
No big name coach will take the position. Nobody wants it. We should consider ourselves lucky if Petrino would take the position. At least he is a proven winner. I know some of you will want to throw up his private life, but you do realize people make mistakes, right.

If no one was ever given a second chance in life after making a mistake, no matter what it may be, then we would all be in some trouble.
for way too long Kentucky football has been the "red headed" step child in the eyes of the powers that be at this institution, that all has been done is throw a band aid on it, and it will take care of it's self. Now we've gotten to the point to where we may just have to "settle " for someone who may not be able to compete in the sec. jmo.
I mean it isn't like it is a low paying job. You are going to be a millionaire every year so why not!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:No big name coach will take the position. Nobody wants it. We should consider ourselves lucky if Petrino would take the position. At least he is a proven winner. I know some of you will want to throw up his private life, but you do realize people make mistakes, right.

If no one was ever given a second chance in life after making a mistake, no matter what it may be, then we would all be in some trouble.

Petrino has had 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances and burned every bridge he's ever crossed.

Plenty of good young coaches out there that want a shot.
Petrino!
FBALL Wrote:Petrino has had 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances and burned every bridge he's ever crossed.

Plenty of good young coaches out there that want a shot.

I'm not being a smart butt by asking this, but i really dont know. Who are these young coaches that want a shot at KY?

I've heard of no one knocking down a door for this job.
Why take a chance on a young guy or even these guys that are winning in these weak conferences, instead of taking Petrino?

Only guy listed that can win at UK.
Mark it down.