Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith out at Arkansas, Hogs to hire new coach within 10 days
Arkansas AD Jeff Long announced today that John L. Smith will not return next season as the head coach of the Razorbacks. That’s not surprising. Smith will remain on as a consultant – if he chooses – through February to fulfill his contract.
Below is a portion of Long’s statement. You can read the entire release here.
[INDENT]
Quote:“With our 2012 football season concluded, I met earlier today with Coach John L. Smith to inform him we would be making a change in leadership within our football program. I have great respect for Coach Smith and I thank him for the sincere commitment he has shown our program. He made a difficult decision in uncertain times to return from his alma mater to guide the young men in our football program, and I will always be grateful for his efforts.”
[/INDENT] What is surprising is that the Hogs are expected to name a new coach within the next 10 days, per CBSSports.com. That’s quite ambitious, but they have had more than enough time to get a head start on other universities that will also be replacing their head coaches after the season.
Arkansas becomes the third job to open up in the SEC, joining Kentucky and Tennessee. Is Auburn next?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2012/jo...ot-return/
Lots and lots of rumors out there that are saying Chris Peterson will be the new coach at Arkansas. We shall see.
Strikeout King Wrote:Lots and lots of rumors out there that are saying Chris Peterson will be the new coach at Arkansas. We shall see.

FBALL will not let that happen...Confusednicker:
It'll be Paul Petrino
I thought I seen a while back that the Hogs were struck on Gary Patterson (TCU).
If they were smart, they would beg Petrino to come back.
Look at the destruction after they let him go.
HUGE mistake.
Strikeout King Wrote:Lots and lots of rumors out there that are saying Chris Peterson will be the new coach at Arkansas. We shall see.

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If they were smart, they would beg Petrino to come back.
Look at the destruction after they let him go.
HUGE mistake.

Hahahahahahahaha............. Hahahahahahahaha............ Hahahahahahaha

Give me a minute...

Ok I've got my breath back.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha...................,
If they get Peterson OR Patterson, they will be getting a fine coach.
FBALL Wrote:Hahahahahahahaha............. Hahahahahahahaha............ Hahahahahahaha

Give me a minute...

Ok I've got my breath back.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha...................,

Look at whit it did to them this year.
Thats how good of a coach Petrino is.
He could have competed for the west and instead they were one of the worst.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Look at whit it did to them this year.

And scumbag was the cause of that free fall.
^
Was he?
I remember Arkansas firing him, he didnt leave.
Off the field issues have nothing to do with the game.
Yes.

Character is at a premium .

What has scumbag ever won? Ill answer that for you. Nothing?
^
He's won more games in his career then Joker coached.

He will win here. If were smart enough to hire him.
You should just blow him and get it over with.
Scumbag will not coach here.
Exactly the response i expected.
I hate to disappoint.:Thumbs:
Reports have it that Arkansas has offered "the mad hatter" a deal worth 27.5 millions for 5 year. (Les Miles)

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball.../21166190/
I don't think Peterson will be a great hire here, he'd be better suited for a west coast school. Boise recruits heavily out of California and he already has deep ties to those schools. It'd be hard to bring in a coach with a pipeline so far away. I don't see Patterson leaving because he's in a top 2 conference at a school that is committed to football and he really can't do much wrong there. I'm thinking the next coach will be a visor wearing offensive coach, but not Gruden. I think Gruden takes over the Eagles or Browns. I'd just about bet the house on Gus Malzahn. I almost seemed like he took the Arkansas State job just to audition for the Arkansas job. He's an Arkansas guy, won a few state championships there so the fans would be behind him, he also won an SEC and BCS championship at Auburn. Great offensive mind that would be able to get the speed type players from East Texas and Arkansas and build them back into a competitive team. With a great DC they could be a top team again.
MVP2 Wrote:Reports have it that Arkansas has offered "the mad hatter" a deal worth 27.5 millions for 5 year. (Les Miles)

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball.../21166190/

They could offer him the state and I don't think that would matter. If he didn't leave for Michigan I think he'll be there until the NFL calls ( out of pride), he's fired, or he retires.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Look at whit it did to them this year.

In John L's defense it is hard to concentrate on coaching when you're facing time in the joint.:policeman
launchpad4 Wrote:They could offer him the state and I don't think that would matter. If he didn't leave for Michigan I think he'll be there until the NFL calls ( out of pride), he's fired, or he retires.

Part of the reason he didn't leave for Michigan was he felt he was in a better situation at LSU, which may be the case again, although that's a lot of money to turn down.
Talk about pissing off LSU fans if that happens.

Thats A LOT of money though...
LSU fans are constantly pissed off at him anyway.