Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next UK football Coach is
What part of worked in the SEC and was a great recruiter at Ole Miss was hard to comprehend.
^Ole Miss at the time was a much better destination than UK. Also, it is easier to recruit as an assistant than as a HC. Just ask Joker Phillips.
Head Coach or Coordinator that's not what you said. You said has never had to recruit in the SEC when quite clearly he has.
^I was agreeing with RunIt, who I thought said he never recruited because he was never head coach in the SEC. I misunderstood, but it is still a HUGE difference between recruiting as a coordinator and as head coach, wouldn't you agree?
The best news to come out of this thread is UK will now be forced to make a decision quickly and commit before the " goodies " are gobbled up elsewhere.

Sorry to be critical folks but this guy again needs to be a proven leader, with proven recruiting experience in the SEC: his bio refers to one talented player who moved on to the next level from his time at Ol Miss, good proven coordinators and coaches send groups of young men to the next level that succeed. And this guy needs to create and maintain excitement. A brilliant WAC defensive mind doesn't necessarily transfer well to the SEC when again you are working with second and third tier recruits ( because the blue chippers are going to Bama, Florida, Georgia ). If you had a son who was a blue chipper, and you had a choice to make as to where he would play football and the likes of Stoops, Gruden, Smart, Saban, Dykes, Petrino, Jones, Cowher, and MacIntyre came into your home. Who do you think would generate the most excitement and why? This is your "Blind Side Moment." Let's just say MacIntyre isn't going to be the first on the list.

If Butch Jones is C- hire this guy is a D and if Jones is going to UT...my hope is the Ace up the sleeve is Gruden. Pay him and his assistants what they want in an earned incentive package based on results. I thought I heard a rumor that $$$ was no object and that the wallets were full and open!

16-21 in the WAC and is being seriously looked at for an SEC HC job. This guy sells ice to eskimos and hope to a battered UK football nation. I'll be the first to eat crow if he turns this program around and has long term success. I'll email a letter of apology if we're bowl eligible after three years...I'll send him a fruit basket at Christmas if we're bowl eligible after two seasons.

Guys...we can do better than MacIntyre. And again history may show the decision makers don't exercise good judgement. I'd want my blue chipper playing for the likes of a Gruden, Saban, or Cowher ( and I'm well aware of the fact none of these are top candidates, minus Saban ofcourse ) and that's is the problem. The Grudens, Smarts, and even a Jones all have a price.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a blue light special in the bluegrass today...welcome Coach MacIntyre. Please prove me wrong, you got a fruit basket coming Christmas after next if you win 7!
Since MacIntyre looks like one of the top candidates, I googled him to watch some videos/interviews of him. While he may be a good coach he will not excite the fan base in my opinion. IMO, I would like a guy with a little fire in his belly. I know its a huge risk but that Kingsberry guy seems very hungry. I guess we will know soon
LWC Wrote:^I was agreeing with RunIt, who I thought said he never recruited because he was never head coach in the SEC. I misunderstood, but it is still a HUGE difference between recruiting as a coordinator and as head coach, wouldn't you agree?

No. Recruiting is recruiting. The difference to me how you hande all of the extra responsibilities as a head coach and how you delegate authority to your staff.
Mitch has hit home runs with some of our programs. He will be very careful to hire thebest candidate out there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Here's some footage of our potential head coach from last year.

It's looking more and more like it will be MacIntyre. He's the favorite. I'm sort of on board with this. The one thing I don't like is he won't be able to bring his assistants here and be able to recruit in the states that you have to recruit in at UK and win.

Also, ESPN just reported that NONE of the SEC schools will hire Bobby Petrino because their presidents and chancellors won't let them
Here is the skinny about Petrino,

SEC blogger Chris Low over at ESPN.com doesn’t see Bobby Petrino finding a job in the Southeastern Conference next season. Low is reporting that Petrino isn’t a candidate at any of the four SEC schools with coaching vacancies because the school presidents and chancellors simply aren’t going to let it happen.

It’s tough to criticize Mitch Barnhart for passing on Petrino when it appears everyone else is doing the same. Kentucky fans just need to accept that it’s not happening.

The search continues…

Better get onboard with Macintyre cause it looks like he will be it..
LWC Wrote:^I was agreeing with RunIt, who I thought said he never recruited because he was never head coach in the SEC. I misunderstood, but it is still a HUGE difference between recruiting as a coordinator and as head coach, wouldn't you agree?

Dont worry LWC, FBALL will disagree with anything that i say. He's scared at the thought of winning. He's lost so long with crappy coaches, he wants to continue that.
Spirit100 Wrote:The best news to come out of this thread is UK will now be forced to make a decision quickly and commit before the " goodies " are gobbled up elsewhere.

Sorry to be critical folks but this guy again needs to be a proven leader, with proven recruiting experience in the SEC: his bio refers to one talented player who moved on to the next level from his time at Ol Miss, good proven coordinators and coaches send groups of young men to the next level that succeed. And this guy needs to create and maintain excitement. A brilliant WAC defensive mind doesn't necessarily transfer well to the SEC when again you are working with second and third tier recruits ( because the blue chippers are going to Bama, Florida, Georgia ). If you had a son who was a blue chipper, and you had a choice to make as to where he would play football and the likes of Stoops, Gruden, Smart, Saban, Dykes, Petrino, Jones, Cowher, and MacIntyre came into your home. Who do you think would generate the most excitement and why? This is your "Blind Side Moment." Let's just say MacIntyre isn't going to be the first on the list.

If Butch Jones is C- hire this guy is a D and if Jones is going to UT...my hope is the Ace up the sleeve is Gruden. Pay him and his assistants what they want in an earned incentive package based on results. I thought I heard a rumor that $$$ was no object and that the wallets were full and open!

16-21 in the WAC and is being seriously looked at for an SEC HC job. This guy sells ice to eskimos and hope to a battered UK football nation. I'll be the first to eat crow if he turns this program around and has long term success. I'll email a letter of apology if we're bowl eligible after three years...I'll send him a fruit basket at Christmas if we're bowl eligible after two seasons.

Guys...we can do better than MacIntyre. And again history may show the decision makers don't exercise good judgement. I'd want my blue chipper playing for the likes of a Gruden, Saban, or Cowher ( and I'm well aware of the fact none of these are top candidates, minus Saban ofcourse ) and that's is the problem. The Grudens, Smarts, and even a Jones all have a price.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a blue light special in the bluegrass today...welcome Coach MacIntyre. Please prove me wrong, you got a fruit basket coming Christmas after next if you win 7!

about the 16-21. First season wasn't his fault they went 1-12. Second season he improved to 5-7! This season 10-2. Joker went down each season he went up. Trust me I would rather have somebody better but if we actually HAVE to settle for him he is not bad.
[Image:

]
MacIntyre says he's not even gotten a job offer from Kentucky. He said that he loves it there at San Jose State but he also did say that he heard they were some lovely schools in the Lexington area since his son is a JR in high school.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Dont worry LWC, FBALL will disagree with anything that i say. He's scared at the thought of winning. He's lost so long with crappy coaches, he wants to continue that.

Not true. We have agreed twice. It's not nearly as much fun though.
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:about the 16-21. First season wasn't his fault they went 1-12. Second season he improved to 5-7! This season 10-2. Joker went down each season he went up. Trust me I would rather have somebody better but if we actually HAVE to settle for him he is not bad.

Like I said, I'll be happy to buy him a fruit basket for Christmas after year two if they've won 7 games...let's however, not start making excuses for this guy. I'll offer the same deal to any other hire I think isn't a good fit.

I know that the clock is ticking and an announcement wasn't made today which leads me to believe we won't get one for atleast another week.

I'm prepared for disappointment and my expectations are getting lower as the days pass. Again, thank God we have a hoop program!
is not going to be Mike Holmgren...and prolly not one of the NFL candidates ( if there ever was one ) since they'll be going to Cleveland...Cowher and Gruden in Cleveland would be a riot!

Business as usual at UK? Time will tell...
FBALL Wrote:Not true. We have agreed twice. It's not nearly as much fun though.

Make it three.
I agree.
Confusednicker: