•  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Belfry Pirates
A week from tomorrow is the first scrimmage. That's when we will find out more who will be the starters and how good they will look against real game competition. Any more updates on how the practices are going and how everyone is looking?
And another thing I was looking at that could hurt Belfry in the Pike County bowl is that the PCB will be Somerset's 3rd game of the season and Belfry's first. They play Montgomery County and Pulaski County and then Belfry.
pirateforlife00 Wrote:And another thing I was looking at that could hurt Belfry in the Pike County bowl is that the PCB will be Somerset's 3rd game of the season and Belfry's first. They play Montgomery County and Pulaski County and then Belfry.
It could only be Somerset's 2nd game of the year since it will be Week 1.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/som...hedule.htm

Well above is the schedule Maxpreps has listed for Somerset and I know that Maxpreps does not list scrimmages on the schedule. So unless Maxpreps has it listed wrong then it will be their third game of the season.
pirateforlife00 Wrote:http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/som...hedule.htm

Well above is the schedule Maxpreps has listed for Somerset and I know that Maxpreps does not list scrimmages on the schedule. So unless Maxpreps has it listed wrong then it will be their third game of the season.

Maxpreps is wrong. The Montgomery County game is indeed a scrimmage.
No excuses. Belfry will have had a couple scrimmages. They tend to start slow, but is the jumpers take it to us, this fan won't be making the "it's early" excuse
Cant wait for Somerset vs. Belfry!!! Gonna be a great test for both teams.
I know young for Belfry is usually sophmores. When Morgan started as a sophmore people said that was really young to be starting for Belfry. With that being said, got told we may have up to 4 freshman starting this year. When was the last time that happened BHS. I know when I was watching practice the white jerseys, meaning freshman, never was in the mix when Morgan played. Now I watch and we have 5 of them with the varsity group. How does everyone feel about that many freshman hitting the field on friday nights.
proud44pirate Wrote:I know young for Belfry is usually sophmores. When Morgan started as a sophmore people said that was really young to be starting for Belfry. With that being said, got told we may have up to 4 freshman starting this year. When was the last time that happened BHS. I know when I was watching practice the white jerseys, meaning freshman, never was in the mix when Morgan played. Now I watch and we have 5 of them with the varsity group. How does everyone feel about that many freshman hitting the field on friday nights.

If they can produce and get the job done doesn't matter what class they are in. IMO
I feel fine about it, and lets be serious, most of those kids are the age of sophmores.
Ttt
Which 5 are they? I'm guessing your boy Cole at tight end or defensive end, Cameron Catron at safety, Austin Hall at end or lb possibly, Rayquan Horton at DT, and Andrew Fletcher maybe?
I'm ok with it. I expected some if these very talented freshman to compete for playing time. You put your best players on the field. Future looking very bright for Belfry.
Cole is playing tight end and working defensive tackle, Horton defensive tackle, Catron safety, Hall defensive end and Fletcher defensive end. We have several others that are impressive. The line will be good for years to come. We have some big freshman lineman and talented db's with that group also.
^ the Dotson kid is a big frosh oline guy.
How's things looking on pond creek? I'm surer he backfield is clicking, how's the line coming together? Is the defense starting to take shape? Who looks like there getting the nod at linebackers? Any info?
Our scrimmage with Richlands is this Friday and the Hazard scrimmage is next friday and both are on the road, correct?

Does anyone know what time each scrimmage will start?

Also, what are the directions for Richland's field?
Good luck to the Pirates,all but one game. Win State this year.
Looks like the Richlands scrimmage is actually a Grid-O-Rama and Belfry may also see Defending 1A Virginia Champs George Wythe:

http://www.tricities.com/swvatoday/news/...0f31a.html

Scrimmage starts at 6:00 PM
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Our scrimmage with Richlands is this Friday and the Hazard scrimmage is next friday and both are on the road, correct?

Does anyone know what time each scrimmage will start?

Also, what are the directions for Richland's field?
In a nutshell, it's about 1 1/4 hours past East Ridge on 460. I'll put together more details and a map tonight and post a link to it tomorrow.
Thanks VHSL but I looked it up.

Looks like it is about 30 miles past Grundy. Probably take about 2 hours from Belfry.
VHSL-helper Wrote:In a nutshell, it's about 1 1/4 hours past East Ridge on 460. I'll put together more details and a map tonight and post a link to it tomorrow.

its not hard to find its right off the main road
I had a lot of the info typed up last year when the Bears went to Bkuefield, so I just added a quick map and eats info. Might wanna check out the road tips anyway.

http://www.angelfire.com/va/vhsl/2013RHS.html
VHSL-helper Wrote:I had a lot of the info typed up last year when the Bears went to Bkuefield, so I just added a quick map and eats info. Might wanna check out the road tips anyway.

http://www.angelfire.com/va/vhsl/2013RHS.html

HAHA Nice directions...the mention of the McDonald's brings back fond memories. My family on my Dad's side all live in NC and growing up we always traveled through Richlands on our way to NC.

That Richlands McDonalds will always hold a special place as it had the Playground before any McD's in KY ever had one. My parents would always give in and stop there for lunch and let me burn off energy before continuing the trip.

As a kid I could always see the Stadium as you drive, see the windows painted during playoff time, and I used to wonder who would win if Belfry ever played there.

On a side note.. there used to be a catering company at Claypool Hill right at the intersection that was called Kathy's Kreative Katering... definitely not the brightest idea for a cute business name if you were to make an acronym out of it HAHA
hate to tell ya, but the McD's at the mall is gone, as is the Kroger & the cinemas (knew that place well, as Grundy was without a theater for about 10 years or so). The new one is where Mullins Ford used to be, just past the light, and it doesn't have a playground.

I rem. a few years ago listening to one of y'alls games on an EKB station. It was either a Fri. aft. or Sat. morn. game, prob. the state finals, and Richlands kicked off later on, prob. in the semis. The stats were something like 1 team had 300 rushing yards, the other 300 passing yards. Made my drive over quite enjoyable. Been hoping the 2 would meet after that,
Shoot... forgot a couple of things.

The Pizza Hut is maybe 1/4 mile away, downhill, so it's within walking distance going, but not coming back (well, for me, anyway).
And there's a Taco Bell inside the gas station right across from the plaza. If you happen to stop at Grundy's new Bell, and feel like you recognize someone, it IS possible... for some odd reason, when they trained the 1st batch back in March, they had to go over to S. Williamson.
What time is the game

going to start at Richlands?
Richlands usually has a good team, no idea how they are going to be this year though.
6:00

I believe they're trying something I haven't seen in SW VA before...
all 4 teams on the field at once... series will start at 'their' 40.
Play 30-45 minutes, take a break, then play another team, break, play.
Should end by 9.

Off the top of my head, all I can say is the QB is back, and I've seen a couple of state rankings that have the Blues at #2 or 3, the best 2A team west of Lynchburg.
VA went from 3 Groups/6 Divisions to 6 true Classes this year, meanong the Blues dtopped from a tiny AA team to a huge 2A team (enrollment is around 700).
and no rain expected
  •  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next