Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida hires Joker Phillips
Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ . @coachingsearch says Joker Phillips could get receivers job at Florida. I've heard at least one ACC school could be interested also.
He would be a good OC in a acc school.
Florida has hired Joker Phillips

Per Football Scoop.

I'm assuming he will be the WR's coach and recruit.
Glad to hear this for Coach Phillips.
What the heck is football scoop?
Good, we will be able to cover there receivers in the future.
zaga_fan Wrote:What the heck is football scoop?

footballscoop.com all the rumors and movement in college football they are pretty accurate with their stuff.

coachingsearch.com is another good one
Good for Joker. I wish him success wherever he goes and in whatever he does.
Congrats to Joker... This is good for his career.. Better for him to be at Florida as an assistant than a HC at some small D-1 school.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zaga_fan Wrote:What the heck is football scoop?

Its where SOURCES come from...Confusednicker:
Glad to see Coach Phillips back coaching. I hope he can land a HC job again someday and have success next go around.
Glad to see that he got a assistant or coordinator position. He was great at everything he did at UK....except be a head coach.
nobody in Kentucky will ever believe this, but Joker is actually one of the best WR position coaches in the nation. He's also a pretty good DB and QB position coach. It's just play calling and being a head coach that he struggles at.
I'm waiting for someone to begin trolling this thread. They could say things like, "Y'all are crazy! For what he did to UK's program, he shouldn't even be able to work at McDonalds."
toussaints Wrote:nobody in Kentucky will ever believe this, but Joker is actually one of the best WR position coaches in the nation. He's also a pretty good DB and QB position coach. It's just play calling and being a head coach that he struggles at.

Your right. I still dont.
Y'all are crazy! For what he did to UK's program, he shouldn't even be able to work at McDonald's.

Consider yourself trolled.

But in all honesty he is a great WR coach. Good hire by Florida. I wouldn't but him as an oc, but he is a great WR coach.
[Image:

]
If he is a great wr coach? WHY DID OUT WR SUCK.
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:Y'all are crazy! For what he did to UK's program, he shouldn't even be able to work at McDonald's.

Consider yourself trolled.

But in all honesty he is a great WR coach. Good hire by Florida. I wouldn't but him as an oc, but he is a great WR coach.

What he did as a head coach or what he did as a staff member and recruiting?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If he is a great wr coach? WHY DID OUT WR SUCK.

He recruited and helped coach Stevie Johnson, Keenan Burton, Randall Cobb, Aaron Boyd, Matt Roark, etc....

Just go to the Rivals page and check out some of the players and who else offered them. Pretty wild.
If I was Barnhart or any present player I would be upset about Joker said about being hired by Florida. I read an article on foxsports.com saying that he was glad to be part of a winning program and a program that wins championships.
^ well, Barnhart did fire Joker. What's he supposed to say? lol

"it's a shame i had to settle at florida, because kentucky is the greatest program ever, even though they just fired me."

Steve Johnson, Jacob Tamme, Kennen Burton, Dicky Lyons, Demero Ford, and Randall Cobb. He's sent 4 of them to the NFL.
LWC Wrote:What he did as a head coach or what he did as a staff member and recruiting?

lol I was joking
[Image:

]

You expect him to go out there and play for them or something? Lol...
The fact that he was hired as Florida 's WR coach and recruiting coordinator should tell some of you something about what kind of coach and person we had.
Bet no one put a bet on Joker coaching in a BCS bowl this year though, hahaha.
Good luck to Coach Phillips.. He is a good position coach and possibly a decent recruiter, but just couldn't pull the HC job off. No shame in that, maybe it just wasn't his time, and maybe he should think about some HC experience at a school not in the toughest conference in all of college football...
FBALL Wrote:The fact that he was hired as Florida 's WR coach and recruiting coordinator should tell some of you something about what kind of coach and person we had.

Yes one that isnt capable of being a head coach.

Hence the whole assistant thing.
Hence he is well respected and has a job and a scumbag is still unwanted by everybody but you.
FBALL Wrote:Hence he is well respected and has a job and a scumbag is still unwanted by everybody but you.

Everybody but me?

Cmon, all joking aside, you cant possibly believe that statement.
Atleast half of the UK fans said they wanted Petrino. I wasn't the lone fish, there might have even been more on here that said they did.
Petrino would have made a great hire.
Stoops was the only reasonable choice out of the names listed and UK went with him.
Had we hired Sonny, Jones, or Cutliffe, I would have raised immortal hell.