•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church 101
He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves his careful to discipline him.
Proverbs 13:24
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Some info about faith based recovery programs:

http://discoveryrehab.com/5-things-to-kn...ilitation/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
http://www.christiancentury.org/article/...e-football
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
http://www.barnabasnetwork.com/jesus_parables

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE LESSONS IN MY LIFE.

As children head back to school, I reflect on how much I am still learning. I look for lessons in my actions, reactions, and feelings. I turn within on challenging days. I listen to my inner wisdom and learn how I may handle a situation better next time. I give thanks for everything I learn—from finding a shortcut saving me time to discerning when to make my next big move.

Every encounter is a chance to learn. I see with eyes of curiosity, wondering what insight I may gain from each interaction. I release judgment and replace it with acceptance and gratitude. When I find patterns I want to change or reinforce, I open myself to Spirit’s guidance. God shows me the next right action. Lifelong learning leaves me fulfilled and at peace.

A scoffer seeks wisdom in vain, but knowledge is easy for one who understands.—Proverbs 14:6

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
MY THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS CONTRIBUTE TO PEACE IN THE WORLD.

Gallon upon gallon of rain water clarifies the muddiest of lakes. Collective prayer brings about similar results. Trusting this principle, I affirm world peace daily. I am one with brothers and sisters all over the world affirming peace.

My prayers for world peace lead me to more inner peace. When I hear news about war or conflict, I still my mind and affirm peace. I deny energy to disharmony and focus on the presence of peace.

As I center on the Christ within, I radiate peace in every interaction—from a conversation with a stranger to a heart-to-heart with a loved one. My thoughts, prayers, and actions contribute to peace in the world.

When the ways of people please the Lord, he causes even their enemies to be at peace with them.—Proverbs 16:7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Too often we get caught up in being offended, or defending what we believe in rather than just showing gratitude to a great God.

Be passionate about giving thanks and giving God the Glory. It's none of your business what others think about you! Confusednicker:

Have a great week and know when we walk the holy highway with a solid relationship with our Lord and Savior we are blessed!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Belonging

I AM ONE WITH THE LOVE OF CHRIST. HERE, I BELONG.

At times I may put a lot of energy into looking for love. I may want friends to tell me I matter, help me feel worthy, and give me a sense of belonging. It’s a tall order when I consider others are on their own healing journeys.

I turn to God and find wholeness. I release expectations about people, places, and things. I open myself completely to the Christ within and find the most satisfying love of all. I nurture this relationship through prayer, meditation, or journaling. I affirm: I am one with the love of Christ. Here, I belong.

I go within for every need. I listen for signals from nature, friends, and reading, then act on my guidance. All my human needs are fulfilled. I am whole.

He rained down on them manna to eat.—Psalm 78:24
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
The sermon on honor if you let it...may change your life regarding honoring how you spend your time and what you honor respecting Gods love for you and your loved ones!

https://vimeo.com/channels/christschapel
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
A lesson on learning how to improve your relationship with Jesus!

https://vimeo.com/channels/christschapel/132261855
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:A lesson on learning how to improve your relationship with Jesus!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:A lesson on learning how to improve your relationship with Jesus!

A big this folks...this gentleman is a very good satellite to the Holy Spirit!

Cannot hear this message enough!!!:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Thankful

I CELEBRATE AND GIVE THANKS FOR MY MANY BLESSINGS.

In the classic song, Irving Berlin writes: “If you’re worried and you can’t sleep, just count your blessings instead of sheep.” As I pause in celebration, I am grateful for so many blessings. I begin by appreciating my breath moving in and out, then my body, then all the systems working together to enable me to do all that I do.

I give thanks for the people and pets I hold most dear. I consider my home and the activities that make my day enjoyable. I acknowledge all I have learned from my life experiences, and I am grateful for the person I am today.

I celebrate all the blessings in my life and I am thankful.

He took the seven loaves and the fish; and after giving thanks he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds.—Matthew 15:36
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Is it OK for The Church members to say it is fine for other religious groups that do not use the Bible that they are equal in Gods eyes......Is the Bible our Standard of Measure for right and wrong???
BlueSky Wrote:Is it OK for The Church members to say it is fine for other religious groups that do not use the Bible that they are equal in Gods eyes......Is the Bible our Standard of Measure for right and wrong???

A lot of different ways to interpret your ? BlueSky...I will think and pray on this for a day and get back to you with a response.

Anyone else feel free to chime in? Pulp, LWC, etc....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
BlueSky Wrote:Is it OK for The Church members to say it is fine for other religious groups that do not use the Bible that they are equal in Gods eyes......Is the Bible our Standard of Measure for right and wrong???
If the church or a church only used the words of The Bible, then The Bible would simply be a fictional novel.

But The Bible IS THE WORD OF THE LIVING GOD.

For those that believe in God, Jesus and The Holy Ghost. For the people who have reached the age of accountability, then yes, The Bible is their Standard Measure of Right and Wrong.... Saved or unsaved.
But just because somebody doesn't believe doesn't mean The Bible is not accurate.

When Jesus speaks to somebody, they know who it was. Every human being that has ever lived has had their heart death with by Jesus.

These are, IMO, some of the main reasons why Christianity is so despises around the world.
- Jesus deals with everyone on a personal level.
- The Bible condemns their way of life.
- Nobody wants to think about the consequences of the life they live.... or the YOLO or Don't Judge Me mindset.

Yes, man pinned The Bible.
Yes, man pinned other 'religious' books as well.

But the difference is, every other 'religious' book is based on a dead god or gods. The Bible is the Word of The Living God. Nobody debates the issue that the other gods are dead. Isis isn't killing people who believe in fiction novels, they are slaughtering Christians because they believe in The Bible.

Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1 are the best starting points.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Thank you Pulp Fiction!

I really enjoy Pulps' "Age of Accountability" concept and second the truth that the bible is the word of a living God.

As for your ? Blue Sky I'm not as worried about other church members opinion as I am my own. So I'll share my two cents. I believe we are all children of a Living God and have the freedom and will to honor him or not based on our actions and words. And we are all unique and on different pathways at different levels of growth with our Lord and Savior...

Free will and GRACE are beautiful and empowering concepts. My personal relationship with Jesus Christ calls me to be objective and see things through his eyes. I'm simply a vessel who he is continuously shaping all the time :biggrin: trust me on that.

I do my best to follow the 10 commandments and honor Gods word and utilize the bible as a guide book. And yes I'm constantly asking for his forgiveness because I am fallable, as we all are!

I hope that helps answer your ? BlueSky...be blessed and have a great weekend!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Let me take a different approach that I have used over the years and have yet to have a minister convey it the way I have.

First, and fundamentally, do you believe in Jesus Christ as the savior. It is a documented fact that Jesus existed. There are many writings of him as a man in Roman historical documents, most notably by Josephus, one of the most published writers during the time of Jesus. Thus, Jesus is a "real" person, not mythologically created.

Thus, if we start that Jesus did in fact exist, do you believe he is the spiritual being, the son of God, and did indeed die to become our savior. That is on faith, and faith alone. Either you do, or you do not! It's a very fundamental question for me in order to take the next step into delving into the validity of the word of God, that has been written my man. If you believe in Jesus as the true savior, then we can proceed further. If you do not, then there is no need in determining the validity of the written word.

So, if we believe in Christ, then we believe 100% of the only sinless human to live on earth. He would not lie, thus what he say's and the references that he uses, must be true.

Now we will test your faith in the written word, and God has already taught us that his word must be taken by faith. Why? Because we had to take the fact that Jesus is the son of God by Faith! So, if by faith we believe in Jesus, then we should believe the historical references that Jesus existed. So, the Bible is our guideline, but it also can be a historical document referencing things that have happened, the same as those historical documents of Josephus and others. If the bible is a historical document, then do you believe that the things that Jesus was quoted to say real and accurate?

Here is where I make my point that the bible is the truly inspired book of God, as passed through man to document the truth to us. The Bible, or history book, quotes Jesus as he ministered. Though Jesus used parables, he also (most important here) quoted verse from the Old Testament!!!!! So, do we believe that Jesus is without sin? If so, he would not quote from a writing that was written by man, he would quote the writings that were 100% accurate and truthful, that was inspired to man! So if we can agree that Jesus would not use documents that were not accurate, then we can believe that it is a fact that the Old Testament is 100% legitimate! Who wrote the Old Testament - Man! Who dictated the words to Man - God. Thus if we believe, or have faith of that, then you can easily put your faith in God that the New Testament is just as accurate as the Old!

It's complex, but when breaking down to the logical level, the above is about as good as I can do to explain to those who are in question.

Thoughts????
Enjoy:

http://www.bathurst.catholic.org.au/?i=1...ch-leaders
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I LET CHRISTMAS HAPPEN TO ME.

Today I give someone the gift of the Christ reborn.

THE MEANING of Christmas is deeply personal to each one of us. God's gift to us is so great that only He knows its fullness. Yet each one of us can know our own personal Christmas and experience the love of God in Christ that so perfectly answers the challenges of life.

The life of Christ in us is a present force to heal us and make us well and whole. The love of Christ in us has power to harmonize every human relation. The peace of Christ in us is our freedom from anxiety and our inner security.

Christmas is God's gift of the Christ. It is His Spirit reborn in us to make all things new. The meaning of Christmas is beyond words, yet every word we use to describe it is glorious.

We want the real meaning of Christmas to dawn on us. We want Christ to be reborn in us. Christmas happens to us as we come to the manger of prayer within and kneel before the newborn Christ. Christmas happens in our hearts.

Unto us a child is born . . . and his name shall be called Wonderful—ISA. 9:6 (A.V.).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
about Christmas....

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christia...r.aspx?p=1

and we're talking about this Martin Luther:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther

Pay attention to the message of "Grace."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
A simple yet magnificent message....be blessed in receiving it!

http://www.dailyword.com/articles/2014/1...-christmas

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
http://www.christianpost.com/buzzvine/10...ke-111628/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
http://www.gotquestions.org/new-years-resolution.html

:Clap:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
GOD IS WITH ME AND ALL IS WELL.

If I am not sure how to pray or even what to pray for, I remember the advice of Jesus and pray the Lord’s Prayer:

“Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.” Focusing on God sharpens my understanding of what my true need is.

“Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, in earth as it is in heaven.” I let go and let God bring divine order into every area of my life.

“Give us this day our daily bread.” God blesses me with enough. I have only to ask and God will provide.

“And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.” Just as God forgives me, I forgive others. I release grudges and trust God to clear up misunderstandings. Most important of all, I forgive myself.

I am grateful to God for all my blessings.

“Your will be done.”—Matthew 6:10

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Our Lord and Savior didn't put you on this earth at this time and at this place to have you project your concerns , worries, and fears on him. That's the enemies job.

So in other words our God, loves you right here, right now, the way you are without judgement....

He hopes, espouses, places you in circumstances necessary to walk out life on a path that assists others, that honors his commands, and builds his Kingdom....not for our glory but for his!!!

Be mindful in the moment, honor hope, faith, and Gods loyalty in the present. He has got your back. You'll be blessed doing so!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I BLESS THE WORLD AS I EXPRESS PEACE.

I may see reports of world events that trouble me. I may hear others wonder why something has happened or what can be done. Regardless of the situation, I call forth a vision of peace and understanding surrounding the globe. From outer space, no borders exist between countries. In our hearts, there needn’t be any separation either.

Aware of my oneness with all beings, I make a conscious effort to contribute to greater peace and understanding in my community. I greet friends and strangers with a smile; I speak words of connection and reconciliation; I follow through with my commitments.

Each step I take is a step toward manifesting the vision of peace and love in the world. I envision a borderless world, with all people united.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.—Matthew 5:9
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
IN SERVICE, I MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Whenever I wonder what difference I can make, I remember Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s words: “Everybody can be great because everybody can serve.” Prayerfully I open my awareness to how I can serve my community. A family member may need a helping hand or a new person in my field of expertise could use a mentor. I consider what organizations align with my passions and values and ask how to get involved.

I take time to rejuvenate myself so I can be fully present to those I am serving. I eat healthy foods, get adequate rest and exercise, and take time in the Silence. As I step into service, I know my actions make a difference.

Whoever becomes humble like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.—Matthew 18:4-5

I take time to rejuvenate myself so I can be fully present to those I am serving. I eat healthy foods, get adequate rest and exercise, and take time in the Silence. As I step into service, I know my actions make a difference.

Whoever becomes humble like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.—Matthew 18:4-5
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I BLESS THE WORLD THROUGH MY THOUGHTS, WORDS, AND ACTIONS.

Being a blessing to others means bestowing goodness on others. My relationship with the Divine is not only a blessing in my own life but also supports me in being a blessing to the world.

As a child of God, I am made in the image and likeness of God. I have access to the source of all peace, joy, wisdom, prosperity, and well-being. Tuning in to Spirit, I access divine ideas that are the building blocks of my life. These building blocks contribute to fulfillment and bless others in wonderful ways.

In my times of prayer and intention, I allow divine ideas to fill my mind. Throughout the day, I use words infused with positive energy. My thoughts, words, and actions express in powerful ways that bless the world.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.—John 1:1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next