•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church 101
Love - Sunday, December 16, 2012

With the power of love, I pray for others.

The energy of God is the energy of love. Love becomes an expression of who I am as I give freely to others. I share my time, skills and resources to enrich lives in meaningful ways. I listen with compassion and understanding. I am patient and kind. In these ways and others, I allow God’s love to flow freely through me, and I feel love returned to me increased and multiplied.

I pray with love for others—holding each person in my heart. I pray for their health and well-being, envisioning them whole and vibrantly alive. I pray for their inner peace, knowing the peace of God is theirs. I pray for their prosperity, trusting that every need is met. And I pray for harmony, knowing God’s love guides their way.

Love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another.—John 13:34

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.

Romans 12:12

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Considering re-birth in Christ, please click the attached link to learn more:

http://www.allaboutgod.com/salvation-prayer.htm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Forgive - Monday, December 17, 2012

I choose forgiveness, and I am free.

Forgiveness is a choice. It is not something that happens to me, but something that happens through me. In choosing to forgive, I allow love and understanding to permeate my heart and mind. Any confusion, criticism or resentment dissolves, and I experience peace that transforms me—body, mind and soul.

Forgiveness is a gift I give myself. It is a powerful gift of freedom. Through it, I reclaim control over my thoughts, feelings and reactions. Forgiveness brings satisfying experiences, true happiness, radiant health and right relationships.

I can choose to forgive, regardless of what has transpired. I am free to be peaceful instead of anxious, loving instead of angry. The choice is mine, and I choose to forgive.

Forgive, and you will be forgiven.—Luke 6:37

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Colossians 3:12

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.

Hebrews 10:24

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
If anyone has a question as to who God is, check out Mercy Me's new song "You are I am" (same band that sang I can only imagine). I would post it but I am on this Nook thing and dont know how, lol

Teamwork LWC :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
And don't forget to do good and to share with those in need. These are the sacrifices that please God.

Hebrews 13:16

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Go Within - Friday, December 21, 2012

Anytime is a good time to go within.

Jesus did not limit prayer to a specific time or place, and neither do I. Any time, day or night, I go within and pray. As the sun rises each morning and I awake, I go within to align with Spirit. I set an intention for myself around the qualities I am willing to embody—peace and harmony, gratitude and joy, compassion and kindness.

During the day, I may step aside from my routine to once again go within for reflection or guidance. Just a few moments of connection with God centers me.

As the sun sets and I prepare for sleep, I turn within once more simply to enjoy the peace and quiet and to reflect upon my day with gratitude. God is with me always, and anytime is a good time to pray.

During those days he went out to the mountain to pray; and he spent the night in prayer to God.—Luke 6:12

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord's glory surrounded them. They were terrified, but the angel reassured them. "Don't be afraid!" he said. "I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. The Savior - yes, the Messiah, the Lord - has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!

Luke 2:9

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Joy - Sunday, December 23, 2012

I relax and let joy flow freely.

I elevate my life and my spiritual journey by calling forth joy—the natural joy that is inherently mine. Joy does not come from outer events and circumstances; it bubbles up from within. While events may trigger happiness and excitement, joy is part of who I am as a child of God.

As I consciously connect with the Christ in me through contemplation, meditation and prayer, I feel a rush of joy—the rebirth of my Christ Consciousness. This is true joy, and it is harmonizing and healing. It uplifts me regardless of what might be happening around me.

I trust in the activity of the Christ in me and in my life. I relax and let joy flow freely.

I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.—John 15:11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Thank you Mr. Schultz and ABC..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Truly He taught us to love one another,
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains he shall break, for the slave is our brother.
And in his name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
With all our hearts we praise His holy name.
Christ is the Lord! Then ever, ever praise we,
His power and glory ever more proclaim!
His power and glory ever more proclaim!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
http://www.harlandaily.com/pages/full_st...op_stories

I can't locate the request thread; so thought it would be okay to post this here.

I went to high school with Gary & Patty; they were great people!

Please remember the families of the 5 involved in this terrible accident today. I know they are going through a lot of pain.
Granny Bear Wrote:http://www.harlandaily.com/pages/full_st...op_stories

I can't locate the request thread; so thought it would be okay to post this here.

I went to high school with Gary & Patty; they were great people!

Please remember the families of the 5 involved in this terrible accident today. I know they are going through a lot of pain.

On it...we will lift them up in thought and prayer. Very sorry to hear about this tragic, unexpected loss. Keep these families in thought and prayer bgr.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Christmas Day - Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I celebrate Christmas with joy, peace and love.

Today my heart is filled with joy for the gift of God, the gift of the Christ Child. Humbly I stand in the presence of God’s gift*—eternal radiance, everlasting love and perfect peace. This is an eternal day of joyous receiving from the Spirit of God, a day of giving love and happiness, good will, peace and substance to all people of the world in the name of Jesus Christ.

With joy, I claim the power of Christ Consciousness, the power that cleanses my mind, heart and soul of any disharmony, any weakness, any fear. Christ-power goes out from me today in a healing blessing to all.

Every gift I offer and receive is permeated with the love of the Christ, spreading joy, good will and cheer.

Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!—2 Corinthians 9:15

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
^^^
Amen.

Also, I have just found out that the other two people in the car with Gary and Patty were actually their daughter and son in law. So, sometime today, their son is going to have to start thinking about making arrangements for his dad, mom, sister and sister's husband.

I'm going to hold this kid in my heart; I can't fathom what he is dealing with right now.
Sorry that I have been gone for so long. Being a pastor means being VERY busy during Christmas time.
^ Slacker Confusednicker: welcome back.

Hope your congregation had a blessed advent and Christmas.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one - as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.

John 17:21

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.

1 Corinthians 16:13

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I stumbed upon this site this morning. Check it out:

http://www.postadventist.com/tag/postmodern/

Feel free to add/share sites...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
And here's another:

http://methodistthinker.com/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
And another:

http://sbcvoices.com/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
And another:

http://the-churchofchrist.blogspot.com/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:And here's another:

http://methodistthinker.com/

I think you may have just been "hinting" for Christmas gifts!!!
Confusednicker:
Love means doing what God has commanded us, and he has commanded us to love one another, just as you heard from the beginning.

2 John 1:6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
New Year - Tuesday, January 01, 2013

I greet the new year with great expectations.

As the new year begins, I realize I have the opportunity to joyfully co-create the life I desire. Whatever my current circumstances, transformation is at my fingertips.

When Noah sought to know what possibilities lay after the flood, he released a dove and waited patiently for it to return. Similarly, I release my thinking to imagine all the possibilities the year might hold, and I embrace the ideas that arise within me and reinvigorate my soul.

Grateful for the memories and lessons of the past, I look forward with joyful anticipation to the year ahead. I am wise, worthy and excited about life, as I claim and pursue the desires of my heart.

The dove came back to him … and there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf.–Genesis 8:11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next