•  Previous
  • 15(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church 101
Resilience

I AM AN INFINITE EXPRESSION OF LIFE. I AM WHOLE AND WELL.
When a plant goes through a dry period, it grows stronger because it can no longer rely on surface moisture. It has to go deep. So do I. When difficulties cause me to reach toward a deeper level of my being, I experience a stronger sense of my capacity for growth and change. During these dry periods that seem to test my inner resources, I am encouraged to stretch and extend the roots of my soul to a deeper level.

There are no situations in my life that define me. I stand in my spiritual identity and honor that part of myself. No one can take away my essential, spiritual self from me. I bounce back from any adversity with ease and grace. I am resilient!

When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into the deep water and let down your nets.”—Luke 5:4

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Prayer for Healing and Strength

Father, thank you that you sent your Son to bring me life
Life in the fullness
Life for eternity
Thank you that I share in Christ's resurrection life
That Christ is alive in me
And His Spirit dwells deeply in my being
Right now I receive your healing
I receive the same power that raised Christ from the grave
I receive Your life
I receive Your strength

Thank you that all things are possible for those who believe
Thank you that you are moving in me right now
May I continue to receive from you
This hour and every hour.

Amen.
Inner Peace

I ALLOW THE PEACE OF GOD TO FLOW THROUGH ME NOW.

When I feel stressed by the busyness of my day, I remember the peace of God is as close as my next thought. No matter what is happening around me, I can always choose to experience a deep inner peace. Finding peace requires no strenuous effort but only my permission and cooperation.

Exhaling all tension, I inhale peace. Peace calms my thoughts and emotions and relaxes my body. With each breath, peace fills me and radiates from me. I continue to draw from this deep well of peace as I resume my daily activities with renewed energy and a quickened awareness of the infinite presence.

And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.—Philippians 4:7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Faith

I SEE CLEARLY WITH THE EYES OF FAITH.

When American mystic Charles Fillmore called faith “the perceiving power of the mind,” he was challenging me to exercise my God-sourced authority to create my world. I now take up this power and wield it to create the kind of life my heart truly desires. I include in this vision harmonious relationships, abundant circumstances, radiant health, and spiritual awakening.

I focus my mind on success, peace, and well-being in my life and world without dictating the details of how it might come about. I entrust this all to God and feel my sense of assurance and confidence grow. I know and affirm that everything is moving in the direction of my good and all is well.

And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.—Psalm 9:10
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Difficult times and trials can pull the plug on our strength like water draining from a bathtub. Sometimes we have little strength to begin with, and then Satan tries to siphon off every ounce of our remaining energy and enthusiasm. When facing trial before Nero in Rome, the apostle Paul rejected Satan’s attempt to discourage him and declared that while everyone else deserted him, the Lord came and stood beside him, strengthening him.

That’s the common experience of our biblical heroes. When Daniel was about to faint, he said, “The one having the likeness of a man touched me and strengthened me” (Daniel 10:18). Moses promised, “As your days, so shall your strength be” (Deuteronomy 33:25). Isaiah said, “And to those who have no might He increases strength…. But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength” (Isaiah 40:29-31). The biblical record is clear for us to follow, we are strengthened in our inner man when we turn to God for His help and power.

We don’t have enough strength in our bodies and personalities to handle unexpected crises, but remember—there is unexpected strength from the Lord. Draw strength from Him today.

I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand/upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Let Go, Let God
I RELEASE LIMITING PERSPECTIVES AND ALLOW MY GOOD TO UNFOLD.
At times I have clung to ways of being that kept me stuck in place mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Ready for a new direction in my life, I pause to open my heart and mind to a storehouse of unlimited possibilities. Turning to the presence of God within, I choose to surrender my limited perspectives and become willing to take on a new and higher perspective.

When I tap in to my spiritual nature, life takes on a sense of adventure. Following divine inspiration, I am able to move forward on my life’s journey. Viewing life in positive ways with an attitude of empowerment, I expect my greatest good to unfold. No matter what may arise in my life, I am grateful knowing that God is blessing me in magnificent ways!

Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you.—Psalm 55:22
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Christmas
I CELEBRATE THE MIRACLE OF SPIRITUAL LIFE.
On this Christmas Day, memories of my childhood Christmases come into my mind—sampling warm cookies just out of the oven and singing favorite Christmas carols. Love and joy fill my heart as I imagine people across the globe gathering to celebrate, attend sacred services, and spend time together. Wonder and awe overcome me as I contemplate the number of people all around the world who celebrate the birth of Jesus.

Today the Christ light is once again born in our hearts. I know that God is with me always, shining brightly as the Christ presence within. Whether this day is busy with festivities and fun or is more quiet and reflective, my heart is filled with the spirit of Christmas.

To you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is the Messiah, the Lord.—Luke 2:11
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Persevere
I CREATE JOY IN THE JOURNEY AND PEACE IN THE PROCESS.
Learning to walk, a toddler will stumble and fall countless times. With patience and determination and no self-reproach, they simply pick themselves up and try again until they succeed. Many even seem to revel in the opportunity to go again, gaining confidence and enjoying each new try.

I choose to embrace this beginner’s mindset. There is no judgment or self-condemnation in what I may feel are failed attempts, simply a purposeful patience brought to every effort I make. When I let myself fall in love with each step, I create joy in the journey and peace in the process. The result may be different than what I had planned, but I trust the Divine is in the details and the best outcome will be revealed.

So let us not grow weary in doing what is right, for we will reap at harvesttime, if we do not give up.—Galatians 6:9
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Outlook

MY POSITIVE OUTLOOK SHAPES MY WORLD.

My outlook determines how I see the world. I may see the world with a distorted or unfocused perspective because of negative attitudes that have prevented me from seeing the good that is present. Shifting my awareness to the positive brings the already existing good into focus and allows me to see things as they are, in Truth.

If I find myself stuck in distorted feelings or thinking, I step back and observe what I am choosing to see. Then I make a new choice. My perspective is one of positivity and healing, harmony, and growth. I am intuitively connected with the all-knowing mind of God and know just what to do and how to do it. My vision becomes clear before me as I shift my awareness and see things anew.

For you shall go out in joy, and be led back in peace.—Isaiah 55:12
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Grace

THE GRACE OF GOD IS WITH ME ALWAYS.

Grace is an expression of the love of God, always available, never needing to be earned. As I recognize grace, I feel an exhilaration and a comforting remembrance of the connection I have with God.

When I feel I am lacking the good I need or deserve, I stop for a moment to consider the many ways I have been cared for. I remember precarious situations that have worked out to my benefit. A concern over which I worried was resolved in an unexpected way. An idea or opportunity may have delivered surprising and positive results.

Grace is never far from me, but it can be undetected and unappreciated. I know that grace is mine, and I receive it with gratitude.

Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.—Hebrews 4:16
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
You’re not perfect, are you? Some of those imperfections are hurting those closest to you, but they’re hurting you more. Our faults and failures weigh down our spirit, and we get discouraged about ourselves and ask, “What’s wrong with me?”

God knows what’s wrong with you, and He loves you anyway. He patiently works with us as we grow in Christ. He helps us become wiser, better, stronger. He is longsuffering. Exodus 34:6 says, “The Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth.”

Numbers 14:18 declares, “The Lord is longsuffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression.” And 2 Peter 3:15 says, “Consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation.”

Confess your faults to the Lord, and don’t keep beating yourself up. Let your self-image become swallowed up in the “light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God” (2 Corinthians 4:4). Look at Him, and let Him transform you from glory to glory. He is so patient with us.

Praise Him, still the same forever, slow to chide, and swift to bless.

Henry Francis Lyte

We all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:18
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
J. Oswald Sanders pointed out that the teachings of Jesus were simple, vital, ethical, practical, original, psychologically correct, and, of course, theologically true—in every way. The teachings of Jesus were true because He is the truth, so we can know Him. He fulfills the truth, so we can trust Him. He tells the truth, so we obey Him. He models the truth, so we can emulate Him. He predicts the truth, so we can expect Him. And He comforts us with the truth, so we can love Him.

Reading through all the Gospels in one sitting would take some time, but if you have a Bible with the words of Jesus printed in red, try sitting down to read those words. Go from passage to passage, simply reading the red-letter words of Jesus. It’s a wonderful exercise. As an alternative, spend extra time this week reading the Sermon on the Mount from Matthew 5–7. It’s the greatest speech, sermon, or discourse ever given.

When the red letters of Jesus become the read letters of Jesus, our soul is enriched. The world will one day end but His words will never pass away.

Ignorance of the Scriptures is ignorance of Christ.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
To console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning.
Isaiah 61:3

Recommended Reading: Isaiah 61:1-3

Kay Arthur was bitterly disappointed when she contracted a heart infection that forced her removal from the mission field. She and her family, serving in Mexico, were forced to return home. “I felt like a failure,” she wrote. “Depression set in until I cried, ‘Father, whatever You want.’ It would be several years before I’d see how He’d use those formative years of study in Mexico to prepare me to write inductive Bible studies that would eventually reach 52 countries.”

“My disappointments aren’t over,” Kay admits. “Pain and trials are almost constant companions, but never enemies. They drive me into His sovereign arms. There He takes my disappointments and works everything together for good.”

Sometimes we feel our world is falling apart, but the lessons learned through the pain often bring hidden blessings. The Lord promises in Isaiah 61 to exchange our mourning with His oil of joy and to give a garment of praise to those who are weighed down in spirit. Cast your burdens on the Lord and let Him become the strength of your heart. Let trouble drive you into His sovereign arms.

The devil sometimes goes too far. He drives us straight into the Lord’s arms.

Ruth Bell Graham
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
JUNE 20, 2020

Blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! They walk, O Lord, in the light of Your countenance.
Psalm 89:15

Recommended Reading: 1 John 1:5-7

When television news anchors prepare for broadcasts, the “shine” is removed from their faces with makeup. That results in a more pleasing appearance for viewers, of course, but it is opposite of what the Bible tells us to expect from God’s face.

Scripture speaks of the light of God’s countenance, or face, as a sign of His blessing. This Hebrew idiom suggests wisdom and blessing replaces the otherwise sternness of a person’s face (Ecclesiastes 8:1). When the light of God’s face shines upon us, it reflects His grace (Numbers 6:25). The psalmist prayed to see the light of God’s gracious face (Psalm 4:6). The light of God’s face also suggests His favor (Psalm 44:3) and His salvation (Psalm 80:3). So how do we enjoy the light of God’s favor and His face? By walking in fellowship with Him: “God is light and in Him is no darkness at all” (1 John 1:5).

Who wouldn’t want God’s light, His grace, His favor, and His salvation? When we walk in His light with Him, His face shines upon us.

If the sun of God’s countenance shine upon me, I may well be content to be wet with some rain of affliction.

Joseph Hall
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Go! Go! Go!—and Make Disciples!
OCTOBER 3, 2020

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 28:19

Recommended Reading: Acts 1:8

Jesus sent people to do lots of different things. When He sent His disciples to minister, various words and phrases were used: teach, heal, cast out demons, baptize, preach, and more. But the most comprehensive of all the action words Jesus gave to His followers at different times is the one found in the Great Commission, given after His resurrection and before His ascension: “Make disciples.”

“Make disciples” is the only imperative command in Matthew 28:19-20. Involved in that process are baptizing and teaching, corollary activities to making disciples. But grammatically, all these activities assume obedience to “Go therefore.” Having gone, followers of Jesus were to make disciples—additional followers and learners—in all the nations of the world. Making disciples is not the same as making converts. Converts come from decisions; disciples come from dedication. And it takes one to make one.

To obey Jesus’ final commands, we must go and model the life of Jesus before others so they can go and be models of His life and love as well.

The Great Commission is not an option to be considered; it is a command to be obeyed.

- from David Jeremiah . org
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
he Attitude of Gratitude: A Prayer of Confidence
NOVEMBER 21, 2020

I thank You and praise You, O God of my fathers; You have given me wisdom and might, and have now made known to me what we asked of You, for You have made known to us the king’s demand.
Daniel 2:23

Recommended Reading: Daniel 2:20-23

Daniel lived in a pagan land ruled by a ruthless king. But when that king had a troubling dream, Daniel asked God for wisdom, and the Lord gave him its interpretation. Daniel exalted in thanksgiving. In our own days of troubling world events, let’s thank God He’s still in control.

Dear Lord, the times are in Your hands and so are we. You warned that perilous times would come in the Last Days, but You also told us the Last Days would prepare for the return of Christ. We’re apt to be troubled by politics, upset by elections, and wary of rulers. But You, O Lord, direct the affairs of history; and if the prophet Daniel could praise You in Babylon, we can praise You in our modern world. Thank You for being on Your throne. The rulers of this world with their power and pride are no match for Your sovereign rule.

More secret than diplomacy, deeper than the investigations of the wise, and mightier than all the kingly power, is the providence of God.

John Broadus
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is come into the world.”
John 11:27

Recommended Reading: John 11:20-27

“Trading My Sorrows” was a popular praise song of a few years ago, and it had a rather simple chorus: “Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes yes Lord.”

That’s a wonderfully biblical phrase. In Matthew 9:28, when the blind men came to Jesus requesting healing, He asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said, “Yes, Lord.” When Jesus asked His disciples if they understood His parables, they said, “Yes, Lord” (Matthew 13:51). When Jesus spoke to the woman of Canaan who begged Him to help her daughter, she said, “Yes, Lord” (Matthew 15:27). When Jesus told Martha that He was the resurrection and the life, she said, “Yes, Lord” (John 11:27). And when Jesus said to Peter, “Do you love Me more than these?” Peter replied, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You” (John 21:15).

In every way and at every moment, is that your heart’s response? When we say “Yes” to God, He will work in amazing ways in our lives. Our desire and prayer is, “Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes yes Lord”!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Christmas

I EXPERIENCE THE WONDER OF CHRISTMAS.

Today I celebrate Christmas. The gifts of Advent now fully realized, I am filled with the faith, peace, love, and joy that have renewed my awareness of the Christ presence within me.

Before my day becomes busy with visiting friends and family or welcoming guests into my home, I take time to feel the promise and the love that this day brings. I receive the true gift of Christmas and realize that people around the world are recognized as members of the human family and appreciated. All this because one man, more than 2,000 years ago, taught us that the kingdom of God, of love, was among us. Today we are reminded to look for the light in each person. It is the Christ light we honor and celebrate this day and carry with us every day.

To you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is the Messiah, the Lord.—Luke 2:11
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
And [Mary] brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
Luke 2:7

Recommended Reading: Matthew 2:1-2

Travelers to Israel usually make a side trip to Bethlehem, just a few short miles south of Jerusalem. If you visit any of the many tourist shops to purchase souvenirs, hundreds of nativity scenes and figures of all the participants will be prominently displayed: the baby Jesus, His parents, the shepherds, the Wise Men, animals in the stable, and more. Beautifully carved from olive wood, these nativity sets and figurines often find their way into tourists’ luggage for the trip home.

And why not? Is there anything more symbolic of the Christmas season than a three-dimensional representation of the birth of Jesus? Even if some of the details need slight adjustments: the Wise Men didn’t arrive until sometime after the actual birth, and earliest Christian tradition suggests the “stable” was actually a cave, not a wooden structure as nativity scenes usually portray.

Never to worry—nativity sets are beloved traditions in many Christian families, often passed down through the years. What better way to illustrate our reading of the Christmas story?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Hope and Faith
THIS ADVENT, MY HOPE LEADS ME TO UNWAVERING FAITH IN GOD.
My belief in goodness—of the world, others, myself, and God—begins with hope. Maybe hope is all I can muster after a period of doubt or disappointment. As I feel hopeful, I begin to believe that new possibilities and better outcomes are available to me.

My hopeful feelings lead to faith, a certainty that the goodness I could only sense before is the actual nature of life. With faith, I now direct my thoughts toward goodness, wholeness, and my heart’s desires.

With gratitude for my awakening, I use faith to dismantle doubt and limitation. I hold only the best thoughts for myself.

I know and feel in the depths of my soul that the good I desire is already mine. With unwavering faith and deep gratitude I claim it now.

For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from him.—Psalm 62:5
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
NOVEMBER 27, 2021

I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Isaiah 46:4, NIV

Recommended Reading: Isaiah 41:1-4

“When I was going through COVID,” said Joni Eareckson Tada, “the hardest part was having to stay in bed…. I wanted to be sitting up in my wheelchair so that I could breathe more easily. It was risky for me to be in bed because of my frail lungs. But the fact was, Ken was sicker than I was, and finding caregivers was nearly impossible…. So for a few days, I stayed in bed. And there, I depended on a different ‘helper,’ as it were. At night in bed and in the dark, God reminded me of his words in Isaiah chapter 46…. ‘I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.’ Wow. I clung to that promise.”[1]

No matter what you may face, there’s always a promise in the Bible on which to cling. The Bible contains thousands of promises, each one for a special need or time in our life. Being thank-filled for these promises gives us heartwarming assurance even during our darkest hours.

For a quadriplegic like me, it’s a heartwarming assurance; it’s a wonderful feeling to know that somebody’s gonna carry you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)