Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OFFICIAL: Butch Jones to UT
Well it is official after all of their top candidates decline the opportunity to lead the VOLS, Butch Jones excepts on the day he turned down a reporter 13.5 million dollar contract with Colorado.

IMHO Kentucky was the winner during the SEC Coaching Carousel this year.

Thoughts?
News Conference to be held at 2:30.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Well it is official after all of their top candidates decline the opportunity to lead the VOLS, Butch Jones excepts on the day he turned down a reporter 13.5 million dollar contract with Colorado.

Thoughts?

I agree. Only time will tell.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Well it is official after all of their top candidates decline the opportunity to lead the VOLS, Butch Jones excepts on the day he turned down a reporter 13.5 million dollar contract with Colorado.

Thoughts?

This is my feeling as well...
We'll get our answer as to whether or not Jones can coach with success in the SEC. It will make for a good compare and contrast in three years between Jones and Stoops.

A proven DC in the ACC against a proven coach in the MAC and BIGEAST. Until they select their staffs it's too soon to begin judging. I'll re-visit once they have done so.

The staff selection will be the first test. Recruiting class will be the second and then 11-30-13 at Commonwealth. Let's hope Stoops Troops prevent the Wildcats from being butchered.

GO CATS!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
It's hilarious. Take away all the sharp implements in Tennessee. The Vols fans are in full panic mode.
My goodness there is hope for my beloved wildcats football team.
Didn't Dooley and Tennessee give Jones and Cincinnati a spanking not too long ago?
:hilarious:

Good hire, Tenn.

Really? Out of all the coaches, Butch Jones? Thank you.
Butch Jones is a great hire for Kentucky, not a misprint

good luck Butch
UC is not an easy place to coach at, which is why they've had 3 coaches in 9 years. I'll be honest, fan support at UC sucks. The school has 40,000 students, and a great majority of UC alumni live in greater Cincinnati (SW Ohio, NKY, SE Indiana). They barely sell out 35,000 seat Nippert Stadium and still have trouble selling out 15,000 Shoemaker Center. It's bad when a high school game at Nippert has more fans than a UC football game (in it's defense, Cincy loves high school football so 28,000 fans at a game isn't that rare). Cincy will never go to the Big 10 as long as Ohio State is in there. The ACC will take them when they're desperate. The Big 12 is only a possibility because of West Virginia.

There's only one coach who will stick around like Bob Huggins did for basketball, and that's Kerry Combs
Strikeout King Wrote:Didn't Dooley and Tennessee give Jones and Cincinnati a spanking not too long ago?

Oh yeah. The vols fans are remembering that too. "So we hire the only guy that Dooley ever blew out. Great!"

Hilarious.
I can understand the comments about Butch Jones, but all those comments are uneducated remarks. Butch is a fantastic hire bu UT. Jones is a complete replication of Brian Kelly, being on his staff as well as taking over each of the last two schools that Brian coached at. He will have more success at UT than Stoops will at UK, and that is not to knock Stoops. Jones is that good!
If he doesn't he won't be there very long
FBALL Wrote:If he doesn't he won't be there very long

Isn't that the case with every coach????
Yep. But those people in that ugly ass orange are really on edge after Dooley.
^
Those same people in ugly ass orange have lost to the people in blue one time in almost 30 years.

I'd say they'll be fine when it comes to competing.
Boy, Butch Jones really wanted this job didn't he??
Heres the latest on Butch Jones recruiting:

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/...-body.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Hopefully Uk fans will see the losing carousel turn the other way.
Here's the latest on the UT staff:

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/...aches.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Perspective from a UT fan:

http://www.rockytoptalk.com/2013/1/14/38...utch-jones
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Here's a list of UT commits so far:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/footba...class/2013