Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Shooting - 27 Dead
Gunman, multiple children dead after Connecticut school shooting

NEWTOWN, Conn. (CBS/AP) - A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday left several children and the gunman dead, law enforcement sources tell CBS News. At least one teacher was wounded in the shooting that sent frightened pupils into the parking lot.

It is unclear if there was more...

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/...06291.html
This is a tragedy...

I'd like to be able to say more...

but that's all I can come up with at the moment.
My sincerest, heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to everybody that was affected by this horrible tragedy. I know it hasn't been brought up yet, but let's forget everything about republican/democrat, the second amendment, everything else - what sucks right now is knowing that there are so many parents, brothers, sisters, and friends of the people killed that are going to be hurt by this. An important thing that we can all do, regardless of political party, is pray for these people. The parents/loved ones and the teachers/kids that will be scarred for life for seeing this are the ones I really feel for. Prayers go out for the Lord to place his healing hand on the many people who are hurt, and the ones that were injured from this terrible act.
Anyone hear about it this morning? Started in a kindergarten class. Heard that they were at least 20 dead with 10 of those being children. Also heard that they are 2 gunman?

Sickening Bast**d's
I couldn't agree more WideRight05!! Everyone, regardless of afilliation, needs to lift these people up in prayer!

What a horrible tragedy; I'm like zagafan; I can't think of anything else to every say right now.
I cannot imagine this kind of thing happening nor the fear in the hearts of the people involved!!

Like someone else said in another thread, I will lift these people up in prayer today because I don't know what else to do.

God bless them!!
A 20 year old with ties to the school is the reported gunman. The elementary school teaches K-4th grade. Loss of life is now 26, 18 of which our children reported by CBS.

Tragic, devastating, monstrous, atrocious, angered and heartbroken only begin to describe my thoughts on this situation.

We're going to need to lift this folks in prayer for days, months, and decades ahead. Love on one another BGR. Let anger subside to grief and prayer. I'm going to be hugging on my loved ones longer. God bless the victims and their families.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
2 gunman. one is dead and the other one is in custody. One of the gunman's mom is dead.
At a loss of words about this. Unbelievable.
Prayers lifted up for all involved.
Very Very sad....

Prayers for all the families!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They just found his father dead at their New Jersey home. I cannot fathom to understand this, thus I can only pray to better understand the meaning and pray for peace and caring to the families of all involved. To think of these little kids as survivors and the scars they will carry emotionally for the rest of their lives. God bless them all!
One news site reported that the principal was shot first, while making announcments. The kids could hear the shots over the intercom. Then the gunman, walked directly into the kindergarten room and continued to shoot.

I cannot wrap my head around that. Deliberately(?) choosing babies?!?
Very sad someone could do something like this at all much less to children.

Prayers to all involved. My heart goes out to you.
20 children confirmed dead; just babies!

I've seen some conflicting reports, but apparently both parents of the gunman are also dead. I'm not sure how they died, though.
They are saying now that it was Ryan's brother Adam that done the shooting. Ryan was the one killed his father Adam killed the rest
WTH?

I am at a loss for words...
So sick to my stomach over this. I don't even know what to say.
Just found out about this a few minutes ago. My prayers are lifted for all families involved. My thoughts are also with the families of other school shootings that this will serve as yet another reminder for them.
Such a heartbreaking tragedy. I've choked/teared up couple times today when I heard and even thought bout this today while at work. I have a child that is the age these young kids who lost their lives in this act of satan. It just doesnt make sense how a grown man or anyone for that matter could hurt a child let alone kill one. We live in such a sick world. God Bless the victims/families.
I just don't get it...

What the hell is wrong with certain people in this country.

This is just sickening, my heart goes out to the families for those lost.
I really don't know what to say about this. I work in an elementary school as a special ed. teacher. One of my students is in kindergarten, she is one of the most innocent kids around, she is so loving and pure of heart. How can someone take a life so innocent is crazy to me. I can't imagine how the teachers were keeping their composure to keep those kids calm. As a parent, I have 3 elementary school age children, I can't imagine what these parents are going through. This tragedy took a huge part of the world's innocence. Is there really a safe place for the kids anymore? I always thought it was elementary school. May God touch all involved.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beyond the tragedy of the loss of the innocent. He killed those who could shed the most light as to why this may have happened in the first place, his parents. Hopefully others can and will shed more light on the motives before folks use this as a catapult to disarm the good citizens of our country.

I'll apologize in advance if my remarks offend...please goto Church 101 for my initial response. God bless again the victims and their families.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I was brought to tears by this horrific story. As a father of four, I can not imagine the pain the parents of these kids are suffering. My prayers go out to them all
Spirit100 Wrote:Beyond the tragedy of the loss of the innocent. He killed those who could shed the most light as to why this may have happened in the first place, his parents. Hopefully others can and will shed more light on the motives before folks use this as a catapult to disarm the good citizens of our country.

I'll apologize in advance if my remarks offend...please goto Church 101 for my initial response. God bless again the victims and their families.

I'm not trying to disagree with anyone...

I'm just stating my opinion...
and no I'm not offended by your statement.
I would just like to talk about it for a moment.

I do not want to know why this guy did this. Never in my life have I felt animosity towards any one person as I did this afternoon. I had a rage inside of me that I felt could only be satisfied by taking a swing at this coward who opened fire on Kindergartners. In that moment I realized that the rage that I felt was the same exact sin that led this imbecile to do what he did.

This isn't a problem that sprang from his mother's scorning him as a child, being neglected by his peers, his father not hugging him or anything of the like. This is a sin problem. This is a problem that sprang from this man's heart (Jeremiah 17:9) and even though this man has failed many people today. He's failed those watching on TV. He's failed his parents. He's failed the school. He's failed the lives of a school full of children that have left this world too young or will have to carry the scars and images of today until the day they die...

and I know I may take some heat for stepping out and saying this...
but every Christian since Jesus Christ stood upon the cross who has stepped aside and allowed God to pushed a little further out of the way has let this man down. I don't sympathize with this sicko for a second, but we question why bad things like this happen and I can't help but think...

what if someone took the time to let this guy know that they were praying for him?

what if this guy listened to a prayer over the intercom at school every morning while he was in school?

I've sat here and thought whether or not to press "Submit Reply" for a few minutes but I'm going to go ahead and go through with it. I can't tell you if this is how I feel or not, because I honestly don't know how I feel. I've went from feeling numb, to tearing up and finally to angry today over all of this. All I know is that we shared a world today with a man that was willing to take the lives of kids who probably weren't old enough to read this post - and it makes me wonder if there's anything that I could have done about it.
Spirit100 Wrote:Beyond the tragedy of the loss of the innocent. He killed those who could shed the most light as to why this may have happened in the first place, his parents. Hopefully others can and will shed more light on the motives before folks use this as a catapult to disarm the good citizens of our country.

But that is exactly what is going to happen. Those that will seek to ban and disarm, will be the first to deny that the spiraling decay of morality in this society has anything to do with this senseless tragedy. I consider this to be the single worst incident that has ever happened in this country. I just cant imagine what the parents of these children are going through.
Bob Seger Wrote:But that is exactly what is going to happen. Those that will seek to ban and disarm, will be the first to deny that the spiraling decay of morality in this society has anything to do with this senseless tragedy. I consider this to be the single worst incident that has ever happened in this country. I just cant imagine what the parents of these children are going through.

I can kinda agree with this. I have put this up there with the 9/11 tragedy. I know the loss of life was far greater, but to take the lives of babies is unfathomable. As a father, my heart is completely broken. I have seen death and had many loves ones pass from accidents to sickness and this has really hurt as much as my own loved ones passing. My heart is heavy for those families that will be burdened for the rest of their lives.
Everyone has heard the saying.....a parent's nightmare. Every parent's heart drops when the phone rings late at night, or while their kids are on the road. These babies were in school; a place considered safe. I cannot imagine the level of desperation and raw terror that ripped through the souls of so many people today.

My brother had prayer before our basketball game tonight. He said a special prayer for the victims and their families. There were a lot of wet eyes when he finally ended his prayer. This has effected all of us here on BGR to a personal depth. Can you imagine if you were PERSONALLY involved!!

God bless everyone touched by this tragedy!!
I'm still gathering the full story.
But was there 2 gunmen?
I don't understand why someone would do something so incidious and morbid.
Another thing, I am not much on the death penalty..
But things like this make me tick, if there is still someone alive that was behind this they should def. have to go through something painful and deadly.
Another thing. Things like this make parents very concerned.
It's getting bad when you can't take your kid to school having to worry about something like this.

Thoughts goes out to those affected.