Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun control
Granny Bear Wrote:Good memories; I cherish the time as the best part of that gift.

My record is clean, too. Our family was investigated by NASA a few years back. I don't even have a traffic citation. That means nothing when registering a gun. The registration process only identifies honest folks who want to buy a gun; it does nothing to staunch the violence. At least in my opinion.

Hate when that happens...that whole venture capital space flight partnership with the Virgin airline mogul thing :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Hate when that happens...that whole venture capital space flight partnership with the Virgin airline mogul thing :biggrin:
:thatsfunn didn't' even notice that. I wonder if Granny is harboring some illegal aliens
I ran about a million responses through my head back to you two, but decided the truth was the best option!!

My uncle did some consulting work years ago for them. It was "sensitive" areas.

One of his doctorates is in electrical engineering. Yes, I said one of his doctorates.

He got all the brains in the family; I got all the beauty!!

Wink
Granny Bear Wrote:I ran about a million responses through my head back to you two, but decided the truth was the best option!!

My uncle did some consulting work years ago for them. It was "sensitive" areas.

One of his doctorates is in electrical engineering. Yes, I said one of his doctorates.

He got all the brains in the family; I got all the beauty!!

Wink
A cool uncle looks like.

Side note: I rode my bike through Little Shepherd trail, Kingdom Come, into Cumberland, Harlan, and Pineville the other day. You reside in some nice country, especially when on two wheels.
How does a cool uncle look??
LOL

Thank you; I LOVE where I live!
Granny Bear Wrote:How does a cool uncle look??
LOL

Thank you; I LOVE where I live!
Cool, meaning working with NASA. :Thumbs:
I support background checks, I don't see any harm it would do compared to the benefits. That's as far as I go though.

As for "assault" weapon bans, ugh...I have a few rifles that many consider an "assault rifle", lol, AR15's...good luck to anyone that would like me to give her up. I use it mainly for target shooting, also home defense. At home, I keep it loaded but with an empty chamber of course. I have no kids around, and have it in a place where a kid couldn't get to it when I do have them around.
vundy33 Wrote:I support background checks, I don't see any harm it would do compared to the benefits. That's as far as I go though.

As for "assault" weapon bans, ugh...I have a few rifles that many consider an "assault rifle", lol, AR15's...good luck to anyone that would like me to give her up. I use it mainly for target shooting, also home defense. At home, I keep it loaded but with an empty chamber of course. I have no kids around, and have it in a place where a kid couldn't get to it when I do have them around.
The bold has always been my point in the "ban your guns" scare tactic that is used all the time. Like I said in the other thread, could you imagine how many people would die if someone came to get their guns. Massive amounts of dead people on both sides.