Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 2013
With the bobcats losing 3 starters on offense and 2 on defense this season could be a good one. I was talking to the A.D. And the Bobcats schedule as follows.

PCB vs Phelps
Allen Central
Sheldon Clark
Magoffin County
South Floyd
Knott Central
Jenkins
Shelby Valley
Leslie County
Prestonsburg

I would like to wish them luck.
I'm not sure what all Leslie Co lost this year, but i see an 8-2 season for the Bobcats. The only loses being Sheldon Clark and Prestonsburg.

Good luck on the season. Except of course the week you play Prestonsburg.
Betsy Layne is becoming a nice program, but they will never get any respect until they start playing some teams outside their district. Playing Allen Central and Phelps and South Floyd doesnt make you a better team.
Allen central and south floyd are county rivalries they will always stay on. Betsy Layne wanted to play pikeville in the pike county bowl, but the committee didn't think it would be a good game. Understand the next time alignment comes out BL could fall in single A. Especially if SF and AC combine!
tebow Wrote:Allen central and south floyd are county rivalries they will always stay on. Betsy Layne wanted to play pikeville in the pike county bowl, but the committee didn't think it would be a good game. Understand the next time alignment comes out BL could fall in single A. Especially if SF and AC combine!

You think Betsy Layne would lose a number of students to a consolidated South Floyd High ??

(At one time there was also talk of also consolidating Prestonsburg and Betsy Layne into a North Floyd High...but the busing logistics shot it down)
PCB? Seriously? But I see they are playing Phelps, this could mean the start of each pike county team playing an out of county foe.
I've heard rumors that Pike Central could be playing Henry Clay, that could just be the case Badman.
I'm pretty sure pike central will be playing Henry clay and belfry with somerset. And they would switch the next year
Who does that place Pikeville playing? There's a pretty regular customer at my job who is a committee member, I'll have to find out details from him ASAP.
Pikeville plays Hazard
If contracts aren't out yet, I bet betsy Layne would play Pikeville the first year and belfry the second year. If Pikeville and belfry would play them.
How great would it have been for prestonsburg and betsy Layne to combine. But since they have put the turf fields down they probably not a chance.
Who would ER/SV play?
sheriff Wrote:How great would it have been for prestonsburg and betsy Layne to combine. But since they have put the turf fields down they probably not a chance.

I think it would have been a good thing. Betsy Layne has the missing links we need in football. Prestonsburg has the missing links Betsy Layne needs in basketball. The baseball team would be unreal.

The busing situation would be the only problem i would see unless a new more centralized school was built.
sheriff Wrote:How great would it have been for prestonsburg and betsy Layne to combine. But since they have put the turf fields down they probably not a chance.

I think it would have been a good thing. Betsy Layne has the missing links we need in football. Prestonsburg has the missing links Betsy Layne needs in basketball. The baseball team would be unreal.

The busing situation would be the only problem i would see unless a new more centralized school was built.

Of course their would be that jump to at least 3A.
For what reason would either team want to play BL? Seriously??
Why would Pikeville play hazard? Pikeville isn't the state champs from the 80 s
sportscritic Wrote:Why would Pikeville play hazard? Pikeville isn't the state champs from the 80 s

What does being state champs in the 80s have anything to do with playing hazard now?
Why don't Pikeville play belfry?
Why is this thread being hijacked into discussing the PCB ?!? lol...

This thread is about Betsy Layne.
Huh I thought the world evolved around pikeville. That was sarcasm!
sportscritic Wrote:Why don't Pikeville play belfry?

They do EVERY YEAR!! Lol
sheriff Wrote:Huh I thought the world evolved around pikeville. That was sarcasm!
A Belfry fan brought Pikeville up.

Good for BL, playing SC. That is the only way to get better.
tebow Wrote:If contracts aren't out yet, I bet betsy Layne would play Pikeville the first year and belfry the second year. If Pikeville and belfry would play them.

Come on Man! :please:
So can someone tell me if Belfry and Pikeville are playing this year?

I'm sorry but The reason for Pikevilles strong playoff push is because they are a lifetime number one seed in the weakest district in the state. The only reason they won region before is because they switched Hazards district with Fairview's.
Hey sheriff why don't you post your hatred for Pikeville on another thread. Can't wait for the Bobcats this year. They lost 5 but two starters on offense and two on defense.
Week 0 Sheldon Clark
Week 1 Phelps PIke County Bowl @ Shelby Valley
Week 2 open
Week 3 @ Allen Central
Week 4 Knott County Central
Week 5 Prestonsburg
Week 6 @ South Floyd
Week 7 @ Leslie County
Week 8 Magoffin County
Week 9 @ Shelby Valley
Week 10 @ Jenkins

Betsy Layne returns 9 on offense and 8 on defense.
Should be a great season!
Didn't get to make it to the spring game, but was told by a parent at the baseball game the bobcats had 26 play with 8 in jersey that didn't participate. If that is not counting 8th graders that is pretty good.
is the thacker kid staying at allen central or going back to betsy layne ?? he started didn't he ????
He didn't start last year and this year they really don't have any room for him in the back field. Houston Hall, Lako Daniels, Josh Murphy and the Hamilton kid will probably take the carries.