Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT/Whayne Supply Mountain Basketball Classic
WYMT Starts a week from today. Thoughts/Predictions.
A LOT of talent playing next week; I can't wait to watch it!!
Good luck Black Bears!!
Here are the opening round games. Jan 8 Knott Cent vs Betsy Layne Breathitt vs North Laurel. Jan 9 Hazard vs Harlan Co. Perry Cent vs Clay County Not sure of game times. Peace be among us Brother Cecil.
Is Jake Allen back for NL?
Knott Central vs Perry Central finals.
I believe the Allen kid has been playing for North Laurel the past 2 or 3 games. I believe the two best games of round 1 will be Perry Central vs Clay Co. and Harlan Co. vs Hazard.
Knott in game 1
North Laurel in game 2
Hazard in game 3
Perry in game 4

Knott vs Hazard in finals, hopefully another game like last week with about 80 less free throws....let them play this time!
Knott Central over Betsy Layne
Breathitt Co over North Laurel
Hazard over Harlan Co
Perry Central over Clay Co

Knott over Breathitt Co
Perry Central over Hazard

Perry Central over Knott Central 61-57

I've always enjoyed the WYMT, this field should make another great year to remember.
I know Perry central and Knott Central get all the love but it is for god reason. These two teams have excellent players. Any team playing those two will have their work cut out for them.
We shall see... Looking forward to a great tourney!!
Excellent field. The committee did a good job putting this one together. The majority of the Mountain top 10 will be there.
Someone told me that a ticket is only good for one game, anyone know anything about this?
I know Perry Central has a very good team... But if they want to make a run and win this tournament they are going to have to get A LOT better then what I seen at the Republic Bank tourney.... Braxton Beverly has as much mental toughness as any player i've seen but as a team for Perry not so much..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
From what I saw in lexington last week, Knott will win this tournament easy.
^ I'm hearing Corey Short may have injured his mcl so he may be out for a little while. This will hurt Knott more than what people think.
Corey only played one game in lexington or knott would have won that tournament. He did hurt his knee but has already been released to play.
^He actually played in two got hurt against Princeton, OH. I agree they could have won the tourney if he had played. Glad to hear he got released, was told today he was still out.
Corey will be back. Great kid works hard.
Knott probably without Short, Hazard without Hollan for sure, Perry added Johnson and have been playing together for a week or so now, I think that pretty much evens things up now. Knott has a cake walk on their side of the bracket, Hazard, Perry, Harlan Co, and Clay will battle it out to see who plays in the finals. Should be an awesome tourney..
Gonna be a great tourney!

Right now I'm saying Knott over Hazard by 10 in the finals
Going to be a great tourney with an absolute stacked field full of talent. Clay vs. Perry game should be interesting. Two teams you never know how they will play as a team. Also it will be the "legend" Spurlock's first game coaching against his former team.
Can someone give me a break down of the schedule. I know the Tuesday and Wed games, how will the brackets and times play out from there? Thanks for the help.
WBA Wrote:Can someone give me a break down of the schedule. I know the Tuesday and Wed games, how will the brackets and times play out from there? Thanks for the help.

Semifinals on Friday night and finals on Saturday. Don't know about Thursday. Last year they had a girls game but don't know if they are doing that this year. Usually they have a losers bracket beginning on Thursday. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Going to be a great tourney with an absolute stacked field full of talent. Clay vs. Perry game should be interesting. Two teams you never know how they will play as a team. Also it will be the "legend" Spurlock's first game coaching against his former team.

Bigger storyline is how will Marcum respond coaching in a pressure packed game. His track record isn't overly good. He has captured His 4-2 record in this thing is a little inflated because of how good his first team was. I'm anxious to see the matchup.
Brother Cecil Wrote:Semifinals on Friday night and finals on Saturday. Don't know about Thursday. Last year they had a girls game but don't know if they are doing that this year. Usually they have a losers bracket beginning on Thursday. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.

Letcher Central plays Shelby Valley on Thursday.
I believe every team outside of Perry County Central will be cheering for Clay County on that night. Perry with Johnson back, at home leaves you with some questions. If the Tigers do it, I believe the tournament is up in the air. It wouldn't shock me if teams like Breathitt, Hazard, Harlan, or Clay made a run.
McCameraMan Wrote:Letcher Central plays Shelby Valley on Thursday.

Correct. Letcher Central and Shelby Valley are going to play a girls game. Also tonight 1/3/13 WYMT is going to have a preview show at 7;00. Previewing all tournament teams and first round games. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Knott Co. has the best road to the finals.
http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/headline...85322.html

2013 WYMT Whayne Supply Mountain Basketball Classic Schedule

2013 WYMT Classic Tournament Bracket

HAZARD Ky. (WYMT) - HAZARD Ky. (WYMT) - Here is the schedule for the 26th annual WYMT Whayne Supply Mountain Basketball Classic

The Classic will be played at the John C. Combs Arena at Perry Central.

Tuesday Jan. 8th @ 6:30pm

North Laurel vs. Breathitt Co.

Tuesday Jan. 8th @ 8:30pm

Betsy Layne vs. Knott Central

Wednesday Jan. 9th @ 6:30pm

Harlan Co. vs. Hazard

Wednesday Jan. 9th @ 8:30pm

Clay Co. vs. Perry Central

Thursday, Jan. 10th @ 8pm

Girls Invitational

Letcher Central vs. Shelby Valley

Boys Consolation games to be played Thursday Jan. 10th @ 5pm & 6:30pm

Boys Semi-final games are to be played Friday Jan. 11th @ 6:30pm and 8:45pm

Saturday, Jan. 12th

5th Place game - 4pm
3rd Place game - 6:30pm
Championship - 8:15pm

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Brackets+2013.xlsx

[attachment=o2751]

[attachment=o2752]
I like Knott County or Hazard to win it all! Knott lookes great and Coach Hollan always has Hazard playing well when it comes to playing in any tournament.