Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville 33 Florida 23 Sugar Bowl
ekff Wrote:^ that's the kind of statement that just makes me laugh... Florida was a top dog in the SEC and U of L put a beat down on them...

Y can't u all just say ur wrong about the SEC this year! Because u r

No.

You get 3-4 weeks to prepare for bowl games. You get one to prepare for sec teams week by week. It makes a huge difference.
FBALL Wrote:If Louisville played in the SEC they would have been in the Music City Bowl or the Liberty Bowl.

You have to give strong and the Cards all of the credit on this one though. They whipped Florida from the opening kickoff.

Louisville may not have had the record they have if they playe in te SEC but they proved they can handle their own! And to Wildcat's statement about preparation time? Florida has weeks to prepare for that "Weak" big east team that beat them like a drum last night! Bama is the one team in the SEC that its not possible for UL to beat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
U of L might have been the fourth best team in sec behind Bama Georgia And A&M Florida And LSU And Louisville are all about even.
ekff Wrote:^ that's the kind of statement that just makes me laugh... Florida was a top dog in the SEC and U of L put a beat down on them...

Y can't u all just say ur wrong about the SEC this year! Because u r

Laugh if you want but that's not meant as a knock on Louisville. I would put the Cards right there with Vanderbilt, Florida and maybe South Carolina.

They thoroughly outplayed Florida last night.

You really think Louisville is that much better than those teams based on one game? That would be laughable.
All that being said that was huge for Charlie Strong and his program. It stems some of the momentum UK had gained in recruiting in state and really legitimizes the Cards as a big time program.

I don't think it can be overstated how much that win means for Louisville.
Any given Sunday is morphing into any given division 1 college football game anymore...and that's a beautiful thing....especially if you are a Wildcat football fan!

Benefit of the doubt is a game changer...proved right in this game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:U of L might have been the fourth best team in sec behind Bama Georgia And A&M Florida And LSU And Louisville are all about even.

U of L didn't look even to Florida last night, U of L owned that game... I would say U of L is better than Clemson.. So...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^you know that is quite a presumption to make based on one game.
I was never really overly impressed with Florida this year. I saw this team barely escape with wins at home against Bowling Green and Louisiana Lafayette. The Gators had a great defense and good special teams, but there offense was inconsistent and head scratching most of the season. That's a big reason why I picked Louisville.

This year's Florida Gators suffered from what I call the SEC fun mirror disorder. They were a good team, but because they were in the SEC, many people thought they were alot better than they really were. It happens to a few teams each season, Georgia last season.
^
Florida never really seemed to get that dominate nature about them that theyve had in the past.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:U of L might have been the fourth best team in sec behind Bama Georgia And A&M Florida And LSU And Louisville are all about even.

Florida beat Texas A&M and LSU? Correct me if I'm wrong there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
FBALL Wrote:^you know that is quite a presumption to make based on one game.

Y? U of L was 2-0 against SEC teams this year... In football you just get one shot against teams... So, U of L showed they are better than Florida
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:Y? U of L was 2-0 against SEC teams this year... In football you just get one shot against teams... So, U of L showed they are better than Florida

So then UConn was a better team than Louisville? Syracuse should be in the NCG? If we are just going off of the assumptions of one game. Using your logic Western Michigan was a better team than Louisville or Florida since they beat UConn and UConn beat Louisville and Louisville beat Florida.

All hail the MAC! Best conference in college football according to ekff!
:devilflam
Wait a minute. Kent State beat Western Michigan. Kentucky drubbed Kent State. UK is better than Louisville or Florida using ekff's logic.

Kentucky Wildcats. One of the great teams in college football. Proving why the SEC is on top as far as conferences go.

I love using facts to obscure truth.Confusednicker:
^ I guess so... But U of L is better than Florida... Florida and U of L both had about 4 weeks to get ready... So, can't say Florida had a bad game and wasn't ready...

Using Kent State and Western Michigan lol... Pulling out the big dogs lol...

Facts are facts... U of L beat Florida!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just say Ur Wrong about the SEC this year... Making urself look bad... Everyone has to see it...

We all know Bama is great and Georgia is very good

But there's a lot of teams in College Football that can beat SC, A&M, Florida, and LSU..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've not been one arguing SEC supremacy all the time. I'm just saying using one game as a basis for saying one team or conference is better than another is not a very good measuring stick.

As I have shown you can get all kinds of results by doing just that.

Using a big picture approach isn't making me look bad. Quite the opposite. You want to keep going we could give all kinds of examples of the "one game" scenario.
MAC

Best conference in college football.Confusednicker:
I understand your argument about the one game stuff but all I have been saying all year is that "this year" the sec ain't going to walk through everyone else, I know they are the best conf overall... But I hate when people say other teams can't play with SEC teams.... SEC teams don't play anyone outside the SEC during the regular season.

I mean Georgia played - Buffalo, Florida Atlantic, Georgia Southern, & Georgia Tech.... Only played 2 good teams all year; South Carolina and Florida and lost to one of them...
But still people say that teams like Notre Dame & Oregon can't even play with them... Thats the kind of stuff that has me going after the SEC... I'm sorry but if Notre Dame played Georgia's schedule they would at-least go 11-1...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Georgia had the easiest SEC schedule by far. No Bama. No LSU. Tennessee and Kentucky both fallen apart. Thank God Vandy stepped up and made the SEC east respectable.

I honestly feel that Georgia Mississippi State and Florida have been overrated all year. Vandy Texas A&M and Ole Miss underrated.