Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 7 Paintsville 5 (15th Region Championship)
Congrats Sheldon Clark on a first ever 15 regional championship!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
WOOOO!!! way to go cards!!!!!!
Battle Tested Wrote:i dont think the cards can hang with the tigers not this time.

wrong answer

blackcat Wrote:Paintsville - 10

Sheldon Clark - 4

SC had to use Lafferty last night and left them with no real threat as a pitcher.
Brady Horn...
CONGRATS!..nice come back....lol Keep up the good work Cards!
Way to stay with it Cards! 15th Region champs! Congrats!

:letsparty
I heard Paintsville brought in Pugh in the 7th and Sheldon Clark scored 5 runs off him. Is this true?
blackcat Wrote:I heard Paintsville brought in Pugh in the 7th and Sheldon Clark scored 5 runs off him. Is this true?

yes its true
:thumpsup:Congrats on a good season Tigers.
Sheldon Clark puts two on the board on Grimm in the top of third, but gets himself out of a bases loaded jam. Paintsville comes back in bottom of the third with 5 runs on 2 BB, 2 HPB, and 2 doubles by Brown and Sublett. SC takes out Brady Horn in the 6th and brought in Shawn Johnson and he shut the Tigers down. Paintsville took out Grimm in the 7th, and Pugh came on walked 4 batters, giving up 1 hit and 5 runs. Bottom of the 7th Brown struck out, Williams popped out, and Grimm grounded out to end the game. I'll comment more later I'm sure. Congrats to Mike Hall on his first regional title and congrats to the Cards. Their (5) senior leadership, would never let them down and never let them lay down throughout the tournament. Congrats to the Cards, good luck against the 16th Region champs, I know you have one Tiger fan behind you. Nothing to be ashamed of Tigers, keep your heads up. Thanks to Andrew Brown and Kevin Williams the only two seniors wish you both the best of luck, you'll both be missed.

Paintsville Grimm 6 inns., 2 Runs, 5 3 K, 2 BB, 2
Pugh 1 inn. 5 Runs, 1 K, 3 BB, 1 HPB, 1 Hit, 5 Runs-Loss

Horn 5.3 inns., 5 runs, 3 HPB, 5 hits, 3 BB
Johnson 2 inns. 1 K, 0 hits, O Runs, 0 BB, 0 HBP-Win

SC 7 Runs, 6 Hits, 1 Error-6 Runners Stranded
Paintsville 5 Runs, 5 Hits, 1 Error-6 Runners stranded
Sorry to duplicate. Could someone combine the threads.
how about the heart these guys showed. down 5 to 2 goin into the last inning and Brandon May comes through.... I tell you what, Brandon May is the greatest baseball player in the history of sheldon clark. He may not be the most talented guy to ever play there, but he has been the most clutch player i have ever seen in high school basball....keep it up cards and get us a trip to the State tournament!!
ggh04 Wrote:yes its true

Why did they bring him in?
ggh04 Wrote:yes its true

I think he walked the first 2 batters, the 8,9, strikes out the 1, puts the 2 on base. Brandon May hit a double scoring two. Hit another batter, and another hit put the last runs in I think.
Sounds to me like Paintsville's Coach lost this game for them.
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:I think he walked the first 4 batters, the 8,9,1&2. Brandon May hit a double scoring two. Hit another batter, and another hit put the last runs in I think.

No actually he struck out Daniel Harless.
blackcat Wrote:Why did they bring him in?

not a clue
blackcat Wrote:Why did they bring him in?

Don't know unless Grimm had to be pulled due to innings pitched. That would have been the only way I would have pulled him, he was doing well.
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:I think he walked the first 4 batters, the 8,9,1&2. Brandon May hit a double scoring two. Hit another batter, and another hit put the last runs in I think.

Walked the first two, but struck out the 1 hitter, Daniel Harless. lafferty and justin horn reached base, plating 1, then BMay roped a double to tie it. Kenneth Todd struck out, but Brady Horn hit one between the legs of Pvilles third baseman to plate the game winning runs.
The Blue Blur Wrote:No actually he struck out Daniel Harless.

Yep, your right, I forgot sorry. Thanks for the correction. Im old gang, I can't remember like I used to.
blackcat Wrote:Sounds to me like Paintsville's Coach lost this game for them.

Not that I was there but from what Spike said on the radio, Daniel had some questionable pitches on the edge of the plate. Wouldn't say the Paintsville coaches lost the game. Grimm brought his stuff, unless his arm was hurting or his pitch count was high I don't understand the change. But I will say this, Paintsville has a realitively whole new coaching staff and they're learning as the season has went by.
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:Don't know unless Grimm had to be pulled due to innings pitched. That would have been the only way I would have pulled him, he was doing well.

This couldn't be the case, Grimm hadn't pitched all tourny.
blackcat Wrote:Sounds to me like Paintsville's Coach lost this game for them.

i wouldnt say that. We dont know about how Grimms arm was feeling and what not. Like someone else said, the radio announcers said there was some borderline calls. Also an error on the 3rd baseman really hurt. The braks went the cardinals way in the 7th and they came out on top.
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:Don't know unless Grimm had to be pulled due to innings pitched. That would have been the only way I would have pulled him, he was doing well.

It definitely wasn't innings pitch as in the case of Scott Little last night but it may had to do with a sore arm or pitch count. I think there is a set number that the Paintsville staff will not let there pitchers throw over in a game.
corndog23 Wrote:i wouldnt say that. We dont know about how Grimms arm was feeling and what not. Like someone else said, the radio announcers said there was some borderline calls. Also an error on the 3rd baseman really hurt. The braks went the cardinals way in the 7th and they came out on top.

Like I said in an earlier post, SC senior leadership brought them through it. The error was the dager.
The Blue Blur Wrote:It definitely was innings pitch as in the case of Scott Little last night but it may had to do with a sore arm or pitch count. I think there is a set number that the Paintsville staff will not let there pitchers throw over in a game.

well thats not very smart....looks like it cost them the game
Unless his arm was about to fall off, there was no reason to take him out. With the Region Championship on the line you have to tough it out.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Like I said in an earlier post, SC senior leadership brought them through it. The error was the dager.
From what the radio guy said, Brady hit the ball pretty hard. Im not sure if it was a bad hop or a scorcher, but it was unfortunate for Paintsville.
And yes, these SC seniors are something else. im proud of these boys. Bmay with the hit, LAfferty, Maynard, and Horn all drawing walks in the last inning. Brandon May coming through with the doubnle. Also Shawn Johnson deserves alot of credit. He had been getting ROCKED in the postseason and he came out and shut down the tigers in the final two innings. ANd Brady Horn the freshman was HUGE. He hadnt pitche 18 innings all year and comes into the regional final and only gives up 5 runs, and they were all in one inning...way to go kid
ggh04 Wrote:well thats not very smart....looks like it cost them the game
blackcat Wrote:Unless his arm was about to fall off, there was no reason to take him out. With the Region Championship on the line you have to tough it out.

Yeah it is very smart, say they over throw his arm. Grimm starts having elbow or shoulder troubles like J.D. Vanhoose did a few years back. J.D. is just now getting back into the pitching rotation. Grimm will be the ace for the Tigers for two more years.
Does anyone know who made the all Tourn team if there is one?
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:Does anyone know who made the all Tourn team if there is one?

They didn't have one last year, I know that. They may not of had one again this year, I know they didn't say anything about one on the radio.