Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th All-Region Team
Did anybody know who made the 14th All-Region team??
Powell- Rison - MVP
Pelfrey
Kinser
Brewer
Muncie
Leslie - Morgan
Baker
Shepherd
Perry Cent. - Couch
Hardin
Lee - Thomas
Osborne
Wolfe - Stamper
Knott - Tr. Smith
Letcher - Robinson
Breathitt - Epperson
Thanks.

I didn't know who had made it from where. I knew some of the main ones from each team, like Wolfe, Leslie, Powell, and Lee. I just have another question, how did they not include Riley Hendrix in with this team. This kid has been nothing shy of amazing since his freshmen year, and he's not on the team. That's a shock to me.
Cougar_Guy Wrote:Thanks.

I didn't know who had made it from where. I knew some of the main ones from each team, like Wolfe, Leslie, Powell, and Lee. I just have another question, how did they not include Riley Hendrix in with this team. This kid has been nothing shy of amazing since his freshmen year, and he's not on the team. That's a shock to me.

Hendrix had a poor showing in the region tournament. I would agree that Hendrix had a great HS career and deserves some accolades. The All-region team is based on players who hepled their team (hits, defense, and pitching).
baseball_dad Wrote:Hendrix had a poor showing in the region tournament. I would agree that Hendrix had a great HS career and deserves some accolades. The All-region team is based on players who hepled their team (hits, defense, and pitching).

I thought that they were voted on when they have the coaches meeting before the tournament starts. I think that's what it should go on; what the kids do during the season, cause a 17, 18 year old kid can't play like he can all the time and it should go on regular season...IMO
Riley Hendrix is a great player and even a better kid! He def. got the snub somehow! RIDICULOUS!
Good luck to Hendrix down in Tenn!