Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What play or plays do you wish were illegal?
Weve all tasted defeat in some form of trickery, whether on the field or off the field. A hook and ladder, a 17 lateral play to score for the win, maybe a good ole statue of liberty play? All of the above are annoying, but only i your on the losing end of them.
Of course, these dont have to be trick plays you pick, lord knows UK fans got sick of Joker running an ISO play on 3rd and 20, but its what plays that get your adrenaline pumping as soon as you see whats going on.

For me personally, I hate the QB sneak on a 4th and short to get the first down after watching a defense work there ass off to stop somebody. I also dislike screen passes to the flats. Almost everytime i see one, a defender has a clear shot at the WR and misses, or the WR gets tackled 5 yards deep. Drives me nuts.

What say you?
I wish field goals and extra points were illegal!!!
[Image: http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/...5E_%5E.gif]
Here are mine...

1. Kneel Downs to run out the clock
2. QBs being able to throw the ball away
3. Spiking the ball to stop the clock
I hate punting I think every should be like bellicheck and go for it on your own 35.
QB sneak = best play in football.

Do away with the forward pass.
^
Ive been trying to get them to do away with the pass for years.
My cries have been ignored.
fake punt pass, ive seen too many punters who can't throw
Do-double-gg Wrote:I wish field goals and extra points were illegal!!!
[Image: http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/...5E_%5E.gif]

I'm sorry. But the irony of your avatar is killing me. :hilarious:

They should have tried that last night.
^
Confusednicker:
judgementday Wrote:Here are mine...

1. Kneel Downs to run out the clock
2. QBs being able to throw the ball away
3. Spiking the ball to stop the clock

1 kneel downs suck ass. Play balls out till horn sounds.
2 QB's being able to throw the ball away. Run with the damn ball take your hits like a man, this is a contact sport not flag football.
3 spiking the ball to stop clock. Where is the flag for grounding? The ball did not go past the line of scrimmage and the QB was still in the pocket wasn't he? This is the play I hate the most if you need a time out learn to use your 3 time outs better.
panther nation Wrote:1 kneel downs suck ass. Play balls out till horn sounds.
2 QB's being able to throw the ball away. Run with the damn ball take your hits like a man, this is a contact sport not flag football.
3 spiking the ball to stop clock. Where is the flag for grounding? The ball did not go past the line of scrimmage and the QB was still in the pocket wasn't he? This is the play I hate the most if you need a time out learn to use your 3 time outs better.

That is something I don't understand is why that is ok. It is obviously intentional grounding by spiking the ball into the turf but yet, it isn't???

Kneel downs should only be allowed on kicks because that is when you are most vulnerable.

The only way to stop a play should be with a tackle.
FBALL Wrote:I'm sorry. But the irony of your avatar is killing me. :hilarious:

They should have tried that last night.

Yes but the irony of all ironies is the fact of all the people who are for the SEC in football because Kensucky is in the SEC IS killing me because Kensucky ain't been relevant to the SEC in football for years and years and I'm not convinced that this new staff will be the one to get it done either. They had a chance with Petrino and let it slip away........"O Well" I guess maybe next decade!
[Image: http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smile...ing025.gif]
^
Its almost as ironic as a Notre Dame fan who doesnt live in Indiana and isnt a catholic isnt it?

:hilarious:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Its almost as ironic as a Notre Dame fan who doesnt live in Indiana and isnt a catholic isnt it?

:hilarious:
I'm not catholic nor do I live in Indiana and I think this is true of just about every person who roots for a team that they have loved since they were a kid. How many of the ND players do you think were catholic? ND is a catholic school but you don't need to be catholic to go to that school or play sports for that school or root for that school. Do you live in Baltimor? Even if Kentucky got a pro football team does that mean you can't root for Baltimor anymore? My point was that a lot of people root for teams in the SEC just because Kentucky is in the SEC and if Kentucky got out of the SEC today they would never root for an SEC team again. If you are a true Alabama,LSU,Florida or Auburn fan then great but just don't pretend so you can say you are a winner. I would love to see Kentucky football get better because I'm a football nut and I would love to see my home state team get better but if this game was Kentucky-V- Notre Dame I'm sorry but I'm rooting for my Irish! :Thumbs:
Do-double-gg Wrote:I'm not catholic nor do I live in Indiana and I think this is true of just about every person who roots for a team that they have loved since they were a kid. How many of the ND players do you think were catholic? ND is a catholic school but you don't need to be catholic to go to that school or play sports for that school or root for that school. Do you live in Baltimor? Even if Kentucky got a pro football team does that mean you can't root for Baltimor anymore? My point was that a lot of people root for teams in the SEC just because Kentucky is in the SEC and if Kentucky got out of the SEC today they would never root for an SEC team again. If you are a true Alabama,LSU,Florida or Auburn fan then great but just don't pretend so you can say you are a winner. I would love to see Kentucky football get better because I'm a football nut and I would love to see my home state team get better but if this game was Kentucky-V- Notre Dame I'm sorry but I'm rooting for my Irish! :Thumbs:

I see nothing wrong with it, at all.
However, when you criticize someone for liking other teams in there same conference, it makes that a valid point. Its fine that your a Notre Dame fan, even if they did get thrashed. However, the fact that a typical ND fans response on here is that we only cheer for Bama because UK sucks so bad, is the same thing as saying you all are ND fans.
By the way when my family got on ancestry.com we found that we do have Irish roots but no I'm not catholic.Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I see nothing wrong with it, at all.
However, when you criticize someone for liking other teams in there same conference, it makes that a valid point. Its fine that your a Notre Dame fan, even if they did get thrashed. However, the fact that a typical ND fans response on here is that we only cheer for Bama because UK sucks so bad, is the same thing as saying you all are ND fans.

I agree with all of this. I cheer for teams in games all the time that I don't normally root for just to be a part of the game that is on. Last year I was for Alabama just because I like LSU even less. The thing I don't like is people who say they are a true fan of a team when they are not and we do have some of those people on BGR. I don't think FBALL is one of those people I was just jabbing him about the Patrino thing.
^
The Petrino comment was true!
Kneeling!
True Bluel through and through. I pull for the SEC because those are the teams that I grew up wstching and sometimes hating. Kentucky is long time member of the SEC and that does create a bond.
Other plays I would like to see gone are Kick-offs and extra points.

Each team should start at the 20 yard line and touchdowns should be 7 points. I am OK with these staying in the College ranks as they can change the outcome of a game, in the NFL, not so much.
Oh yeah. Petrino is still a scumbag.