Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberalism and Christianity
TheRealThing Wrote:It wasn't so much that society was good, as it was the idea that one could count on people to make the right choices in life. And, back then if they didn't make the right choice they were somewhat ostracized for making bad choices. Back then, it was okay to call a spade a spade. Bums were bums. These days, we make taxpayer kept heros out of people that live depraved lifestyles, and give their live-in 'significant others' beneficiary status, LOL.

At any rate, the point in time you reference was the divide in the timeline. Sort of 'before sanity' and 'after sanity'. If one did not live during that time, he has no real basis for accuate contrast between traditional America and the vast la-la land we are mutating into. People always underestimate the tremendous impact profs have on their charges. Almost all of the left wing doctrine, is delivered by the youth. Avid supporters parroting the liberal brain wash and DNC generated propaganda, and have had their political awareness given to them by legions of liberal profs. Their political leaders, once laughed at for their weird ideas, are folks like the Clintons, Al Gore, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Patrick Leahy, John Kerry, Charlie Rangel, Barney Frank and Ted Kennedy, et-al. The afore mentioned supporters, are products of our liberal institutions, who've been taught to deny the God of creation, in favor of the theory of evolution and the big bang, also to aspire to notions of social justice and the green agenda. That's why you see Obama delivering policy speeches at universities so often. Where else could one find enough liberal minded adults concentrated in a small area like that, outside of an organizing and bussing entity such as labor, to mobilize sufficient throngs of the glassy eyed?

The "significant other" is big these days. I'm very sure the Bible says that it is not okay to live with your boyfriend/girlfriend, yet I see almost everybody I know doing that. It won't be that way with me, but sadly it's the norm and the "cool" thing to do now. If it's common over here, it is definitely common in places such as NY, CA. or FL. In addition, I will also say that over 1/3 of people in my high school class (didn't graduate TOO long ago lol) have a child. Only one person was married when they had their child.

The hippie teenagers from the 1960's are the ones leading our country today. They are also teaching our kids, scary to think. I didn't live back then so I don't know how they ended up that way given that America had a much better grasp of morals back then, but it's evident that something needs to be done before we go down the hole. This is a society that wants to "have its cake" and "eat it too," and we need to re-learn the common discipline that existed years ago.

Wildcatk23 Wrote:Why are there so many liberal professors?

Wildcat, if I remember right you had some college under your belt, so you may have encountered this already and may even see some repeats from TRT. The problem with some (not all, there are some good ones) professors is that they get the "high and mighty" mentality because they have the masters and doctorate degrees. The degree "empowers" them to be the best in their field and "know more than everybody else." Liberalism exempts the professor from having to acknowledge that there is a stronger force in the universe. In Christianity, we are humbled in the presence of God and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. In liberalism (which to me, it's not just politics - it's a religion) the professor exalts his or her self because of the degrees. These are the types of professors that, if you're not careful, will encourage you to come back to the university to get degrees upon degrees. The degree, to them, is way more important than that day to day experience that you truly learn from.

I'll give you an example. I had a philosophy professor at my first college that was a hardcore liberal in the same semester I took a couple business classes from another professor there that was more conservative. Their offices happened to be across from each other. The business professor had left my previous church a few years ago and started going to the Catholic Church. I would stop by from time to time to talk to him, and one day we ended up talking about Church and I encouraged him to come back. We somehow ended up getting into a debate on the Catholic Church, which wasn't a bad one at all, more of a discussion or dialogue. After talking to him some about that and accounting stuff, I left for the library to check my email. I received an email from that philosophy professor across the hall saying (I am paraphrasing) that "I was offended by that discussion you had and overheard everything, the business professor does not have a degree in religion and should not be forcing his beliefs on you." Considering I was the one that started the discussion, I quickly sent a response in defense of him explaining what had happened and that I had known him for many years. The philosophy professor then gloated about their degrees and how the business professor should not be having a "religious" discussion because he did not have a degree in that area.

Attitudes like that often exist among most college professors, as you may have seen through your experience. Oftentimes, it is the lack of humility that leads them to do that. The degrees give some of them that impression that they are more intelligent than they actually are, and anything or anyone that acknowledges a higher power is a threat to them.

And finally, there are some good professors out there, including a couple that post on here. This is not the attitude from all professors, but more and more are exhibiting the "high and mighty" attitude. Wildcat, learn all you can from the professors that show the humble characteristics because they will be the ones to tell you the truth about what you need to do to get out there and succeed.
Just got my IT degree not long ago. Majoring in medical billing and coding. Thinking very seriously about switching to teaching .

Although my on campus college was short. I never once had a professor at big sandy to push his agenda on me. My philosophy teacher was actually a pastor. So it was a very interesting class.
WideRight05 Wrote:The hippie teenagers from the 1960's are the ones leading our country today. They are also teaching our kids, scary to think. I didn't live back then so I don't know how they ended up that way given that America had a much better grasp of morals back then, but it's evident that something needs to be done before we go down the hole. This is a society that wants to "have its cake" and "eat it too," and we need to re-learn the common discipline that existed years ago.

In a word, it was drugs. Where there was drug usage, there was a lack of shame for sexual indulgences and perversion. Looking back on those days in light of today, it was no big shock really. Just like in the days when Israel found itself in open rebellion to God, only one generation was needed to find themselves in spiritual and moral free fall. It's not that difficult a concept to realize, that one generation can be wise and the successive one naive. It would be nice if our children took our views as fact but, sadly and often painfully, we all know that most of the time they do not. Take America's own "Great Generation". When World War came knocking, they mobilized the entire nation. Building plants to manufacture war machines. Shipyards to construct a vast naval fleet virtually overnight, and the aircraft manufactures that designed and built thousands of new military aircraft. Our armed services, flush with volunteers, then went out and literally conquered the world. Vanquished nations were then assisted to get back on their feet by our great land. A national interstate highway system was constructed, and enterprise flourished.

Then, as in our case, the next generation comes of age, and to them, all that recent history seems like stories from antiquity. Nobody of this generation really believes America's existence will ever be threatened again by her enemies. Just as nobody of this generation really understands what if feels like when an entire nation is on it's economic ear. The glory days of the American welfare system will come to an end, the checks will stop coming and actual food lines filled with grim faced recipients will reappear. And the reason? The money won't be there to hand out any more. But, I digress.

The change you mention, when America's sexual values went awry, happened almost overnight. As the name sexual revolution implies, major social change can happen overnight, especially in today's media frenzied climate. That's why I had hoped the culture war presently being waged in DC, would lead to a reawakening of our conservative values. Unfortunately, it would seem the same cancerous views of governance California is known for, may have spread to DC. Requisite to the existence of our free people, is the reeducation of every successive generation of our youth in what it means to be an American. And, the price that was paid for our freedom. Now, with the liberals and the present administration hell bent to fundamentally transform the face of America, I believe our nation is in jeopardy. That process of reeducation has been circumvented in no small way, by the liberal agenda. The redefining of our laws and distortions of our history, may well contribute to the coming of the end of our people. That process of governance, between the house and senate, is our life blood. It teaches us who we are and strikes a fair balance, hence the phrase, checks and balances. Our forefathers recognized the importance of avoiding the gridlock of this day, and established the three co-equal branches of the federal government. Even they could not forsee the present day collaboration among the branches, in an effort to rule from a point of view rather than to govern for the 'common good'. Thusly has that process been circumvented by an arrogant president and accomplices like Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, who have conspired to circumvent the orderly process of government in favor of a kind of party line take over of government. It's the best way to win every argument really, eliminate the opposition. And to insure an adequate base, and keep all the voter serfs obediently in line, a tidy welfare compensation package is sufficiently perked up a bit each new year and a war on the consumption of fossil fuels is initiated.

That to me, is the danger of allowing only one party to have such a decisive hand they can effectively 'define' the other party. To me, only the sublimely simple minded would place such complete trust in one party and accept the state's definition of what reality is, when the common man has every tool he needs to think for himself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]