Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alabama 42 - Notre Dame 14 (BCS National Championship)
panther nation Wrote:With this display of a total butt whipping maybe the NCAA will make it mandatory in order to play for the national championship you must be a member of a conference. There is no way the Irish should have never played in this game.( can you say over rated!!!)

Congrats to Alabama one heck of a season and 3 championships in 4 years, sec 7 in a row, now who is the best conference??

this one had nothing to do with a conference. you could've rolled Texas A&M or Georgia, or Oregon out there, and it would've been a one sided victory. I know A&M beat them, and Georgia played them close, but when it comes to preparing for a national championship, Alabama is the book. In rematches, it's a completely different game. Oregon had the speed to match Bama, so Bama would've been more physical and dominate that way. Alabama was just that good
Out of Notre Lames memorable wins this season, you have to look at the big picture.
Playing "big names" doesnt mean your playing "good" teams.

The Navy win was a gimme.

A 3 point win over Purdue. Really? Purdue at home, and a 3 point win is all they could come out with.

Michigan State was there best win of the year IMO, and Michigan State, but still a team that lost multiple games, to Michigan, Ohio State, and Northwestern. Not good enough to prove your a national title contender.

The win against Michigan, which was a close game, was disproven by how Bama dismantled and embarrassed them 3 weeks earlier.

Miami is horrible, another gimme.

An overtime win against Stanford is one of there only two decent wins IMO. Nothing great though. We all know Stanford isnt exactly dominate and it took overtime at home to beat them.

I look at the BYU game as another game they should have dominated yet only managed a 3 point win at home again....

The Oklahoma game looked good win it happened, then we realized the Big 12 is the worst its been in years and the destruction they faced at the hands of A&M showed there no where near top caliber.

Then a 3OT win against a team who got beat to death by Ole Miss at home. This was the week i finally realized Notre Dame had no business even being in the discussion.

The Boston College and Wake Forest games were cupcakes and should have been complete blowouts.

And that leaves us with a close game against USC, who lets face it, was only in the top 25 due to there name. Lane Kiffin couldnt coach his way out of a pee wee football league and it showed as USC still should have beat them, but simply couldnt play defense or run the ball.

In the end, as weve always done, we look at how teams "would have done in the SEC".

If you put Notre Dame in the West, they finish 4th at best. Had Arkansas not fired Petrino, they would have been 5th an maybe even last considering Ole Miss destroyed a team that Notre Dame went into 3 OT's with.

Point being, the hype got them there and bad football got them beat.

Lets hope this nonsense ends next year and the two best teams start playing for the national title. It was Boise, TCU, and finally Notre Dame that has proven weak schedules and a pretty record doesnt mean you can compete with the best in the country.
The parity is gone. The Big 12, Pac 12, and Big 10 simply cannot compete with a conference that dominates the defensive side of the ball and pounds the ground game week in and week out.
Congrats to 'Bama.

I'll be blunt and say that this Notre Dame team was not as bad as people claim to be, but tonight they played the worst football all year long...not making any excuses or anything.

They just could not tackle to save their lives....'Bama was much faster & has more athleticism than Notre Dame had and they showed that.

But on the positive side, Notre Dame has a great recruiting class coming in next season and Everett Golson is only going to get better with time.

But this loss will obviously sting for quite awhile.
I'm not arguing how outmatched Notre Dame was But any Big 10 big 12 or ACC or PAC 12 school woulda been outmatched and ND prob wins all of those conferences. The Sec was just brutal and besides one Saturday against Johnny football Alabama dominated. But it's not like ND playing in a conference would have kept them from this game they played a tough schedule Bama and the sec are just in a league all there own.
Beat down.... Nothing to do but take it....

Out-coached, out-manned, out-everything last night...

I'm still not embarrassed, they were there, I was embarrassed during the bad years like losing to UConn, but I will not be embarrassed losing to Bama and one of the greatest coaches ever... Wasn't the first time a sports team le me down and for sure it won't be the last time...

Let get ready for next year

Go Irish
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TongueirateShoJESUS LOVES BAMATongueirateSho
Bama was on a mission. Great coaches and players. They played like they had a chip on their shoulder. Notre Dame had a great season. It is good for college football swhen Notre Dame is in the picture but Alabama was much better.
^ Notre Dame had a great season because they played a schedule that was no better than playing in the Mountain West conference! They were not deserving of playing in the National Championship game!
I really thought this game was going to be closer than it was. I wanted ND to win but new in my mind that Alabama was going to run away with it.

As I quote Dennis Green, "They are who we thought they were"...

Also, what in the heck was ND doing during this last month? They seemed unprepared.
The precision, strength, and sheer dominance of Bama was something I will not forget anytime soon.

Bamas line was awesome...McCarron put on a clinic....Notre Dame had no answers. Congratulations to the Crimson Tide!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Guys when will we all understand that ND is the media darling. The media wants ND relevant. Until a conference unlike the Big East and the ACC says you are all in or nothing at all and the NBC network quits throwing a butt load of money to show ND pathetic games this is what we will get. An overrated ND team.

Look back on their team this year. A blown replay call against Stanford that should have been a touchdown and Pitt that couldn't kick a FG and they struggled to beat Michigan and BYU. This team was rated number 1 because they beat average teams and struggled against good team with the exception being OK

This blow out was only eclipsed by the 2005 NC game when USC beat OK 55-19. I for one can't wait till we have the playlets even if it is just 4 teams to start with.
In your opinions does this put Nick Saban in the discussion as one of the greatest ever?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:In your opinions does this put Nick Saban in the discussion as one of the greatest ever?

Yes.
Saban is the greatest coach in our lifetime, he needs to win a couple more to catch Bear Bryant though, but it shouldnt be to hard considering hes won 4 in like 8 years.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:In your opinions does this put Nick Saban in the discussion as one of the greatest ever?

No doubt!!
The pace at which he is matching bryant is the scary part. Bryant is a legend, Saban will beat every record he has or any coach has if he stays 8 more years at Bama.
Had flashbacks durning game, thought at times I was watching a replay of the Mayfield vs Fairview game last night

Yes, he is a winning machine and has built a great staff. Did anyone hear post game he'll be taking 2 days off and then they'll be back at it again?

What this guy does in a day is more than most do in three. His post game comments last night about winning for his players and the pride of them reflecting 20-30 years down the road on what they've accomplished was simply awesome.

He's found his niche at Bama...and as long as he's there I'd be surprised if they aren't in the playoff every year for the next 5. That's when UK will catch him Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Alabama is basically a football monopoly right now.

It should be illegal to be that good.
How was this MANTI guy up for the Heisman? He looked like he was afraid to hit someone. Arm tackles all night.
He's the greatest coach of this generation, hands down. When it comes to preparing a team, especially with four weeks to do it, your as good as crowned. Not knocking Notre Dame. They did their job and beat all of the teams on their schedule, so it wasnt their fault they faced Bama in the title game. Its not like Oregon or anybody else would have fared much better. But Notre Dame fans shouldnt have to hang their heads over this one. They took one on the chin, but they are on their way back. Coach Kelly will have them in the mix year in and out. Im waiting anxiously to see if we lose any underclassmen. Lets hope not.
Roll Tide.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Spirit100 Wrote:Yes, he is a winning machine and has built a great staff. Did anyone hear post game he'll be taking 2 days off and then they'll be back at it again?

What this guy does in a day is more than most do in three. His post game comments last night about winning for his players and the pride of them reflecting 20-30 years down the road on what they've accomplished was simply awesome.

He's found his niche at Bama...and as long as he's there I'd be surprised if they aren't in the playoff every year for the next 5. That's when UK will catch him Confusednicker:
If I was a betting man, Id bet he had the A&M game on the tube, preparing for next season lol...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tide Hoss you got me confused with your Alabama colors and putting a Notre Dame Alum as your featured individual. I see you are a Pittsburgh guy so we'll forgive supporting a ND alum this time.
If Bama returns all of the guys who can stay, go ahead wrap up there title for next year.
^Uh,,, No..
E's Army Wrote:Tide Hoss you got me confused with your Alabama colors and putting a Notre Dame Alum as your featured individual. I see you are a Pittsburgh guy so we'll forgive supporting a ND alum this time.
Im as big of a Steelers fan as I am a Bama fan, bro lol..Rocky Bleier was one of my all time favorite players..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FBALL Wrote:^Uh,,, No..

I meant to put Bama Confusednicker:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:How was this MANTI guy up for the Heisman? He looked like he was afraid to hit someone. Arm tackles all night.

I continue to contend that it was the Domers schedule that inflated their entire rosters worth and value. He will not be the supposed impact player as predicted. After watching him Monday, I realized then that he is in the exact mold as Maualuga. He will never reach the hype!
^
Confusednicker:

Kiper is already in frenzy mode almost moving him out of the first round for the upcoming draft.
After watching this game it was obvious that Alabama had superior speed and athlete's and I think that with all the talk about the Bama defense and run game the last few years that even if this Offensive line did get some credit this year that they were underrated. When I watch a game on tv I don't just look at the skill players and the speed, I look at the line play. This offensive line for Bama was something special. I believe that this line for Bama could make any RB or QB in the nation look good. I still think that ND had one of the better front 7ns in the country but the Alabama O line was just better. I also think that if you give the Bama coach this long to prepare for a game that he will find a way to take away what you do best. I think he could make just as much money giving advice to coaches on game plan then he does as a HC. At the end of the day am I embarrassed about the game? No I am not! I think if you put the other teams in the top 20 this year in this same game against Bama you would get close to the same results. I think the only teams with even a remote chance of making this game a contest would be Georgia,Texas A@m or Ohio St and even with this long to prepare I don't know if they could stay within 2 scores. At the end of the day I think Notre Dame football has come a long way and they can get even better and I think they put an end to all the talk about, can ND ever win in the modern age of college football. I will always be a ND fan and with some good recruiting and better depth I think they can get back to this game in a year or two.