Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
22 FT Academy in Jackson, Ky
Definitely a lot of talent here, if anybody finds a schedule for this team let me know because i would love to go watch them play
Erdgas would be silly to move, hes getting to play with europeans who will improve his game. i heard they are going to go into europe for 3 weeks in summer so that they get elite programs through the systems in europe. rumour has it that Erdgas has no intentions of moving as he doesnt see the benefits of getting out of a strong individul program..... if what the rumours are telling us, it seems that they have 4 programs coming in so they start at 15 years old till 16, then 16-17 pre elite, 17-18 elite team and then the post grad team.......i heard they have Szarbo coming in and a spanish national team player similar to Gasol on the roster..... also have the inside scoop that the program has been put together with the intentions of buying a local arena to play in so that they can control the facilities they play in and no one can tell them where or not to play. I heard they asked for a meeting with the KHSAA as they want to plan for the next 5 years. But KHSAA doesnt have alot to say about it anyway.
Anybody have a game schefule for these guys?
I'll try to get a schedule Monday and post it. Definitely a lot of talent and something that will be great for the area if they can get established here. UK was supposed to have a couple assistants in Jackson last night to watch Ergas and McIntosh play.

There is also the possibility that the KHSAA and KED decision will be reversed and they will be allowed to use the Breathitt Coliseum in the near future.
Altro Cat Wrote:I'll try to get a schedule Monday and post it. Definitely a lot of talent and something that will be great for the area if they can get established here. UK was supposed to have a couple assistants in Jackson last night to watch Ergas and McIntosh play.

There is also the possibility that the KHSAA and KED decision will be reversed and they will be allowed to use the Breathitt Coliseum in the near future.

It's not a KHSAA matter. It's a board policy that won't allow for profit use of the Coliseum. And most likely that policy is due to an insurance issue that may not be able to be solved. Would be great if they could.
bigbadwolf Wrote:folks i have seen these kids play and they can reallly play. they are well organised, coached well, and they are destroying teams with discipline. we heard they have some good kids coming in from europe and are legit, not a hole in the wall school like those dudes in nc and other states. i heard on the grapevine they are being upfront with all them people in frankfort and the khsaa, as they seem to have asked for a meeting with them so they can explain their vision for the next five years. But the khsaa havent replied.also heard they have a 7ft 1 and a 7ft 2 kid from Russia and Italy coming. looked at the game the other night and they took the team apart with class. not showmanship but organised basketball. they play D they can go one on one with the best of them. i will be watching them on monday as a team from NC is travelling to play them. i asked a few guys at the breathitt school and they seem to have fitted in to the community, got good grades and lead normal lives, UCLA, Florida, NC and a few other big time colleges have been to see them and rate them in the top of the nation. And without the strings attached. looking forward to hearing others who have seen them.

Nothing wrong with them giving the KHSAA a courtesy heads up if they want, but don't really see why they need to. They have nothing to
do with KHSAA sports, and the KHSAA has no say in or about
their organization.
Observing Wrote:It's not a KHSAA matter. It's a board policy that won't allow for profit use of the Coliseum. And most likely that policy is due to an insurance issue that may not be able to be solved. Would be great if they could.

The state is running the school and the state want let them change the board policy so when you look at it like that it is a KED and KHSAA decision. Trust me on this, I know for a fact it is up to the state to let them play or not. I don't care what has been printed in the Jackson news papers, what I just wrote is correct.

Bottom line the KHSAA is scared of this type of team popping up in other places and taking some of the limelight away from KHSAA sanctioned activities.
Altro Cat Wrote:The state is running the school and the state want let them change the board policy so when you look at it like that it is a KED and KHSAA decision. Trust me on this, I know for a fact it is up to the state to let them play or not. I don't care what has been printed in the Jackson news papers, what I just wrote is correct.

Bottom line the KHSAA is scared of this type of team popping up in other places and taking some of the limelight away from KHSAA sanctioned activities.

The KHSAA can NOT stop them from playing.

What they can do is stop them from playing KHSAA schools. In that regard, 22-Foot Academy is no different from another EKY school (Wesley Christian).

Does anybody have any PROOF (email, fax, letter, whatever) that the KHSAA stepped in and told 22FA where it can/cannot play/practice?

I'm not sure what a meeting with the KHSAA would provide. It would be no different than Oak Hill trying to meet with the Virginia association.

They're not members. They have no intention of becoming members. They blatantly recruit (this is apples and aardvarks compared to Louisville ... I can't remember the last time Ballard got three 6-foot-6 kids from out of state ... can't remember the last time Trinity/X got multiple quality Europeans at the same time).

If they want to become an equivalent of Oak Hill (coached by a KY native), Findley Prep, Hargraves (coached by a KY native) and be able to get the best of the best and play on ESPN and practice more than 4 hours a day ... more power to them! Good luck.

But if they think the KHSAA is going to give them ANY help ... ain't happening. They're not owed any help. They don't deserve any help.

As far as their facilities, if the local school (i.e. school board, school itself, superintendent) has a rule that FOR-PROFIT groups are forbidden from using school-owned facilities, then 22FA is out of luck. They're clearly a for-profit group.