Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Dream Final 4
-
Even with no upsets there is a 33% chance of having Clay County, Whitley County, Bell County and Harlan County in the regional semi-finals.
-
If this happens we should see a new attendance record set for girls basketball and those two games would be worth a trip to Harlan County.....
-
That would be great to see.
I don't believe it so much that Clay County is down this year, as it is the other teams catching up. You have to give it to the other programs. It will make the 13th region tournament more interesting before the championship game where people would only watch to see if the Lady Tigers could be upset.
Whitley would beat everyone by 50.
Hey Porky, How ya know Whitley can win by 50 :lmao:
With guards like Gut says they have you know they will. They are tough, if you dont believe me ask gut.
Should set up for a great tourney.
Whitley, Clay, and Harlan County are on a pretty even field IMO. Bell County isnt that close however. Between those top three, its a toss up at this point.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:With guards like Gut says they have you know they will. They are tough, if you dont believe me ask gut.

Theres no reason to be a dick 24/7.

And yes, Whitleys guards are tough. Best 1-2 punch in the region. If you add in Craig, and the good play of Johnson, along with the strong bench, yes, Whitley should be considered the favorite.
Quote:Whitleys guards are tough. Best 1-2 punch in the region.

I take it that is a personal opinion? Statistically they are 3rd. Behind Bells's Morris-Sanders, and KC's Mills-Shippy..
Hitters_Count Wrote:I take it that is a personal opinion? Statistically they are 3rd. Behind Bells's Morris-Sanders, and KC's Mills-Shippy..

Factor in who those teams have played compared to Whitley.
Morris/Sanders is a close match, but Mills and Shippy are no where near either of them.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Factor in who those teams have played compared to Whitley.
Morris/Sanders is a close match, but Mills and Shippy are no where near either of them.

Yeah Morris is a close match!:hilarious: I think I heard she just got an official offer from UK 2 weeks ago:worthy: Those #1 guards should transfer to Bell so they can get some D1 looks, when they come to watch Morris play. Bell will probably have some other kid end up with a scholarship by accident!
No point in actually playing the games, I guess.
The winner will be whoever has the best college offers.

I agree with Gut though. I think it's pretty close between Bell and Whitley. I saw Knox last night at Harlan. They are a step below from what I saw. I think HCHS is getting close with four good guards (Massingill, Stittums, Lee and Noe).
[quote=HDE]No point in actually playing the games, I guess.

No the point is to give credit where credit is due! Don't be a player hater! This 13th region has many good players, not just Whitley's! Probably the most in a long time. The Gut can praise all he wants about his Whitley guards (good luck to them), but always seems to have something to say about Morris. Morris is actually bringing a lot of exposure to the area. She is a first class kid and a winner every time she steps on floor, that's why everybody's talking!!Confusedhh:

I'd like to see all these girls get scholarships whether D1 or NAIA (free education)..Basketball is the only chance many of them have!

Speaking of schedules glad to see Whitley finally take Jellico off!
countrygirl alot of people think like you do, but they dont stand up to big bad whitley wolf like us. Most dont like confrontation, as gut and hde has had free reign for along time. everytime someone disagrees with them they get on the attack dog mode, only problem is they are little lap dogs that chirp. They have never seen anything other than mountain basketball.
I'd like to see all these girls get scholarships whether D1 or NAIA (free education)..Basketball is the only chance many of them have!
Right on the Money "countrygirlballer".....This is what it is really all about and what is really important!!! So this site would be alot better if people would quit putting players down....and support them instead with the TRUTH!!!:Thumbs:
It would be great to see those 4 play, but I would be willing to bet there will be some surprises in 13th.
HDE Wrote:No point in actually playing the games, I guess.

I agree with Gut though. I think it's pretty close between Bell and Whitley. I saw Knox last night at Harlan. They are a step below from what I saw. I think HCHS is getting close with four good guards (Massingill, Stittums, Lee and Noe).

Theres no sense in trying to have an intelligent conversation with these guys HDE.
As you said, i guess this Girls High School Basketball Forum is about what players are getting what offers.
They always tend to forget that were talking about the high school basketball season and not how many points Morris is going to score for UCONN in 3 years.
I agree with Harlan Countys front court. Theyve gotten a lot better. I had a chance to see them in one summer game and it appears theyve improved a lot sens then. Massingill is a top 10 player at this point, maybe even higher.
Countrygirlballer Wrote:Yeah Morris is a close match!:hilarious: I think I heard she just got an official offer from UK 2 weeks ago:worthy: Those #1 guards should transfer to Bell so they can get some D1 looks, when they come to watch Morris play. Bell will probably have some other kid end up with a scholarship by accident!

Is that scholarship going to help her when she plays Whitley, Clay, or Harlan County in the region tourney?
She can be an all star but when shes double and tripled teamed all night she has very little help, and it will show when she plays these teams with a little better size like Harlan County, and we know what happened in that game, and they have yet to face anyone as good.

There weakness will show, but if were going off scholarship i guess Bell would have one D1 player. Congrats.
Countrygirlballer Wrote:Speaking of schedules glad to see Whitley finally take Jellico off!

Funny you speak of schedules.
Bell County's roughest game was against Harlan County where they were held to 33 points. After that they havent faced one tough team.

Whitleys schedule has consisted of Clay County, Sacred Heart, Tates Creek, and Lincoln County, and played all of there three losses within 3 points except the tates creek game. Went on the road to Clay and won.

You and Porky can keep arguing about scholarships all you want, the simple fact is, it isnt going to help Bell beat any of these teams. Lets see the comments on Feb 15th when the two meet up.
Countrygirlballer Wrote:[quote=HDE]No point in actually playing the games, I guess.

No the point is to give credit where credit is due! Don't be a player hater! This 13th region has many good players, not just Whitley's! Probably the most in a long time. The Gut can praise all he wants about his Whitley guards (good luck to them), but always seems to have something to say about Morris. Morris is actually bringing a lot of exposure to the area. She is a first class kid and a winner every time she steps on floor, that's why everybody's talking!!Confusedhh:

Speaking of schedules glad to see Whitley finally take Jellico off!

Show me where I "hated" any player.
You were the one laughing at Whitley's guards because they don't have a Division I offer.
This is a high school basketball discussion not a Blue Chip camp forum.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Theres no sense in trying to have an intelligent conversation with these guys HDE.
As you said, i guess this Girls High School Basketball Forum is about what players are getting what offers.
They always tend to forget that were talking about the high school basketball season and not how many points Morris is going to score for UCONN in 3 years.
I agree with Harlan Countys front court. Theyve gotten a lot better. I had a chance to see them in one summer game and it appears theyve improved a lot sens then. Massingill is a top 10 player at this point, maybe even higher.

As much as you brag on Smith, the first offer she gets, we wont see any other threads on this site without you mentioning her big offer from Sue Bennett. Any time a girl from this area gets any offer, it is something for ALL of us to be proud of. Most athletes will look back on their HS playing days and say "I got to play against or with him/her". I realize that this is a high school forum, but I would much rather be getting 3 points on the team at UCONN than sitting at home on the couch reliving my glory days from a high school that most have never heard of, unless you are from Whitley County. If Morris is getting doubled every game it should tell you something, the other teams/coaches respect her game and arent going to let her just take over. They play a pretty decent schedule and from what I can tell they have a pretty good record. If you would like to compare HIGH SCHOOL STATS lets do so,

PPG Morris 21.3 Smith 17.8. #Morris ahead even though double teamed.
RBDS Morris 8.4 Smith 2.4 #Morris again
Shooting % Morris 53% Smith 43.9% # Morris again
3pgt % Morris 40% Smith 41.8% #Smith gets one
Free Throws Morris after 70 shots 91.4% Smith after 66 shots 75.8%. #Morris again. This is probably the state's leader in HIGH SCHOOL FT%.

Now GUT and HDE Please let me know what qualifies Smith to be a better High School player than Morris. BTW Morris has had 2 games where she had a triple double. So I am willing to go out on a limb and say she would lead Smith in the assist area too.
TOP 15 FREE THROWS LEADERS
(playing a minimum of 10 games)
(more than 3 attempts/game and ranked by percentage)
Player School Gms Made Att Pct
MacI Morris Bell County 13 62 68 91.2
McKenzie Butler Mason County 13 62 70 88.6
Madison Clements Monroe County 11 55 63 87.3
Ashley McMurtrey Oldham County 13 47 54 87.0
Cassidy Martin Mercer County 12 65 76 85.5
Mercedes Cox Adair County 15 100 118 84.7
Jenna Mills Knox Central 14 82 97 84.5
Janssen Starks Murray 15 79 94 84.0
Allyson Niece Scott 12 59 71 83.1
McKell Oliverio Ryle 13 33 40 82.5
Kayla Murray Monroe County 11 42 51 82.4
Nicole Kiernan Newport Cent. Cath 14 65 80 81.3
Virginia Scott Somerset 12 45 56 80.4
Britney Yamada Apollo 14 48 60 80.0
Kyvin Goodinrogers Marion County 14 48 60 80.0
TOP 15 SCORING LEADERS
(ranked by total points per game)
Player School Gms Pts Avg
Whitney Creech Jenkins 11 312 28.4
Morgan Mason Beth Haven 10 278 27.8
Cassidy Martin Mercer County 12 312 26.0
Janssen Starks Murray 15 376 25.1
China Dow Christian Academy 15 361 24.1
Katie Moore Leslie County 19 439 23.1
Kayla Rankin Perry Central 14 319 22.8
Brittany Warren Pulaski County 12 274 22.8
Adison Corder Southwestern 14 313 22.4
Ivy Brown LaRue County 12 269 22.4
Makayla Epps Marion County 13 288 22.2
Rachel Potter Pikeville 13 288 22.2
Alexis Tye Paris 12 266 22.2
MacI Morris Bell County 13 281 21.6
Michaela Hunter Rockcastle County 16 342 21.4
HDE Wrote:[quote=Countrygirlballer]

Show me where I "hated" any player.
You were the one laughing at Whitley's guards because they don't have a Division I offer.
This is a high school basketball discussion not a Blue Chip camp forum.

Now boys don't get your feather's ruffled! Just embrace the Morris Movement!:Thumbs:

These girls better get out like Morris and work on their own chance of getting looks from college coaches..If you depend on your coach or team you could be sitting home in late Feb and nobody still knows who you are!..playing in the state tournament is your only real chance to get seen, unless your out year round like Morris! I take that back, good chance when you play her, usually a D1 coach in building watching her! Go ahead and double and triple team her, makes her even look better..

HDE and Gut, I think we better not be getting our final 4 Dream teams together just yet! Harlan Co.(1seed) goes down to Middlesboro (4seed) in 2011 .. and I think Whitley went down to a sad North team 1st round of region last year! Clay will most likely be at Diddle again and laughing at all us!

:welcome:
bball lover Wrote:As much as you brag on Smith, the first offer she gets, we wont see any other threads on this site without you mentioning her big offer from Sue Bennett. Any time a girl from this area gets any offer, it is something for ALL of us to be proud of. Most athletes will look back on their HS playing days and say "I got to play against or with him/her". I realize that this is a high school forum, but I would much rather be getting 3 points on the team at UCONN than sitting at home on the couch reliving my glory days from a high school that most have never heard of, unless you are from Whitley County. If Morris is getting doubled every game it should tell you something, the other teams/coaches respect her game and arent going to let her just take over. They play a pretty decent schedule and from what I can tell they have a pretty good record. If you would like to compare HIGH SCHOOL STATS lets do so,

PPG Morris 21.3 Smith 17.8. #Morris ahead even though double teamed.
RBDS Morris 8.4 Smith 2.4 #Morris again
Shooting % Morris 53% Smith 43.9% # Morris again
3pgt % Morris 40% Smith 41.8% #Smith gets one
Free Throws Morris after 70 shots 91.4% Smith after 66 shots 75.8%. #Morris again. This is probably the state's leader in HIGH SCHOOL FT%.

Now GUT and HDE Please let me know what qualifies Smith to be a better High School player than Morris. BTW Morris has had 2 games where she had a triple double. So I am willing to go out on a limb and say she would lead Smith in the assist area too.

I have the right to say shes a good player!
She consistently scores close to 20 points a game. Has played much tougher competetion, and doesnt shoot the ball every time she touches it like Morris HAS to in order for Bell to score.
Your stats are misleading!
Put down the schedules and lets show the world thos wonderful teams Morris has put them stats up against!
Corbin TWICE
Mboro TWICE
Harlan ONCE
Wayne ONCE
Boyle ONCE
N. Laurel ONCE
Lee VA. ONCE

This is an almost laughable schedule. Ive already stated the teams Whitley has faced. BUT, if you'll notice, everytime its brought up, i never do. Somebody else chimes in with a "guy thinks Smith is good" well of course i do, but i dont talk about it as much as you all do. We will see what happens on Feb. 15th.
The good teams that Bell has played theyve lost to, and theyve onmly played one regional contender and got blew out and Harlan County limited her to 10 points. It will happen everytime a good team plays her. Use the double team and make her teammates score and they cant!
lillianhidgepork Wrote:TOP 15 FREE THROWS LEADERS
(more than 3 attempts/game and ranked by percentage)
Player School Gms Made Att Pct
MacI Morris Bell County 13 62 68 91.2
McKenzie Butler Mason County 13 62 70 88.6
Madison Clements Monroe County 11 55 63 87.3
Ashley McMurtrey Oldham County 13 47 54 87.0
Cassidy Martin Mercer County 12 65 76 85.5
Mercedes Cox Adair County 15 100 118 84.7
Jenna Mills Knox Central 14 82 97 84.5
Janssen Starks Murray 15 79 94 84.0
Allyson Niece Scott 12 59 71 83.1
McKell Oliverio Ryle 13 33 40 82.5
Kayla Murray Monroe County 11 42 51 82.4
Nicole Kiernan Newport Cent. Cath 14 65 80 81.3
Virginia Scott Somerset 12 45 56 80.4
Britney Yamada Apollo 14 48 60 80.0
Kyvin Goodinrogers Marion County 14 48 60 80.0

Thanks for letting us know Morris gets all the calls.
Didnt want to put the link?
lillianhidgepork Wrote:TOP 15 SCORING LEADERS
(ranked by total points per game)
Player School Gms Pts Avg
Whitney Creech Jenkins 11 312 28.4
Morgan Mason Beth Haven 10 278 27.8
Cassidy Martin Mercer County 12 312 26.0
Janssen Starks Murray 15 376 25.1
China Dow Christian Academy 15 361 24.1
Katie Moore Leslie County 19 439 23.1
Kayla Rankin Perry Central 14 319 22.8
Brittany Warren Pulaski County 12 274 22.8
Adison Corder Southwestern 14 313 22.4
Ivy Brown LaRue County 12 269 22.4
Makayla Epps Marion County 13 288 22.2
Rachel Potter Pikeville 13 288 22.2
Alexis Tye Paris 12 266 22.2
MacI Morris Bell County 13 281 21.6
Michaela Hunter Rockcastle County 16 342 21.4

Link?
I've always said Morris is a great player.
I just dislike the arrogant tone used in downplaying the accomplishments of other top players in the region.
I never said that was my dream final four. Those have probably been the best four teams though. I still think Corbin and a couple of others have a shot to break into the semifinals.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I have the right to say shes a good player!
She consistently scores close to 20 points a game. Has played much tougher competetion, and doesnt shoot the ball every time she touches it like Morris HAS to in order for Bell to score.
Your stats are misleading!
Put down the schedules and lets show the world thos wonderful teams Morris has put them stats up against!
Corbin TWICE
Mboro TWICE
Harlan ONCE
Wayne ONCE
Boyle ONCE
N. Laurel ONCE
Lee VA. ONCE

This is an almost laughable schedule. Ive already stated the teams Whitley has faced. BUT, if you'll notice, everytime its brought up, i never do. Somebody else chimes in with a "guy thinks Smith is good" well of course i do, but i dont talk about it as much as you all do. We will see what happens on Feb. 15th.
The good teams that Bell has played theyve lost to, and theyve onmly played one regional contender and got blew out and Harlan County limited her to 10 points. It will happen everytime a good team plays her. Use the double team and make her teammates score and they cant!

You do RUN have a absolute right to say that she is a good player, just be open to the idea that she may not be the best. I have always put Madden in front of Morris. The only reason I toot her horn is because you act like she is only as good as she is because she has no one else on her team to help and she is some sort of ball hog. If Smith consistently scores 20 ppg then her average would be 20. I have seen line scores where is has scored 11,13,13 (vs Seneca, McCreary, Casey). The stats I and others have quoted are easily accesed by checking KHSAA. Do you think if Smith was doubled and triple teamed as you so eagerly point out happens to Morris, her avg would be a whole lot less that it currently stands.
Only an idiot would tell someone with the following stats 53%, 40% & 91% NOT to shoot. BTW, Morris has shot only 4 more free throws on the year than Smith so she is not getting the calls.

OK Let's talk about Schedules, consider this. By the end of the year this is how our schedules stack up to one another
Of Whitley's 27 games, 16 of them are on Bell's schedule, 5 teams have poor or losing records & 3 teams from TN - I cant comment on.
These are the team's records you claim are so strong and Smith dominated
Lafayette 8-8, Casey Co. 5-7, Calloway 10-8, Seneca 6-9, Tates Creek 6-10.
Sacred Heart, Lincoln and Nelson are the only 3 teams where I can see you have an argument.
Bell has played Rockcastle, Perry & won a scrimmage with Clay (doesnt really count). So I wouldnt say Bell's schedule is "laughable" unless you are willing to admit the same for Whitley.
I wouldnt make fun of N. Laurel if I were you. Who didnt beat them last year and look what happened to you. At least Bell played Clay in the region, who won the whole thing.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Link?

http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/regulars...atsgit.htm