Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 WWE Hall of Fame
1. Mick Foley
2. Bob Backlund
3. Trish Stratus

Post all 2013 Hall of Famers in this thread with whatever number they are entered.
wrong thread
^ So, you are repeating exactly what I have posted in about 30 threads over the last year????
Bob Backlund is a long time coming, but apparently I heard that he did not want to be inducted until he was fully retired...so I guess he made his decision on that.

What can you say about Mick Foley...one of the G.O.A.T.
I guess we will never see Bruno Sammartino get in until he passes away. It's a shame that he has never given the WWE permission to enshrine him and let an entire generation learn about the true found of this federation. It's not just his legacy, it's the legacy of the WWWF, WWF, WWE!
Stardust Wrote:I guess we will never see Bruno Sammartino get in until he passes away. It's a shame that he has never given the WWE permission to enshrine him and let an entire generation learn about the true found of this federation. It's not just his legacy, it's the legacy of the WWWF, WWF, WWE!

At least Triple H is trying his damndest.
Is it true Macho Man declined induction when he was alive?
Westside Wrote:Is it true Macho Man declined induction when he was alive?

Probably true.

But I think as he got older, he told the WWE that if they ever induct him then they should induct his father (Angelo Poffo) & his brother (Lanny Poffo A.K.A The Genius) along with him as a family.

I don't think they will do it tho.
3rd entry is Trish Stratus :yum:
Stardust Wrote:I guess we will never see Bruno Sammartino get in until he passes away. It's a shame that he has never given the WWE permission to enshrine him and let an entire generation learn about the true found of this federation. It's not just his legacy, it's the legacy of the WWWF, WWF, WWE!

BTW Dusty, I heard some rumors today that Bruno Sammartino may have reached a deal with them to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

However, he just had one catch before accepting...he doesn't want to see or have any contact period with Vince McMahon.

I think it might happen...*crosses fingers*

-----

Other rumored inductees include: D-Generation X, Kamala, Sammartino (if the rumor is true) & Kamala.
Ah Trish Stratus, my all-time favorite Diva.

I think it's a couple years too soon for her TBH.

But she absolutely deserves to be inducted....I'm very happy, I love her.
HHH has been to Pittsburgh 6 times in the past four months - so it is possible that a deal has been completed with Bruno
Bruno should be in, but it sounds like they have wanted him in but deals couldn't be reached before. Is that the case?
He has vehemently denied the Hall of Fame for several, several years because he hated how the direction of the company went once Vince McMahon Jr. took over and he still feels that way to this day.
It's Official!

Bruno Sammartino is going into the WWE Hall of Fame!

http://www.wwe.com/classics/wwe-hall-of-...t-26089325
J-Rod Wrote:He has vehemently denied the Hall of Fame for several, several years because he hated how the direction of the company went once Vince McMahon Jr. took over and he still feels that way to this day.

How did he want it run?
LWC Wrote:How did he want it run?

He's very old school.

....basically once The Attitude Era started, he started to hate it because of the "entertainment" aspect of the sport.

Dusty could explain it better.
Do you really think that Trish put enough time in to be inducted in the hof??
Not trying to put her down or anything but what do she really do for the sport to get inducted?
Other than being easy on the eyes!
Bruno has never like Jr. It came to a head when the two came to verbal blows after Vince eliminated kayfabe. Bruno is as old school as there is, and when Vince ended kayfabe and admitted that wrestling was a work, Bruno could never get past it. It's been pretty hypocritical of Bruno over the years since he has given some pretty informative shoot interviews over the years. Bruno even authored a semi-shoot autobiography as well. So, he's been pissed at Vince for making wrestling about entertainment, but Bruno himself has taken advantage of it for his own good.

However, though I have never seen it written anyplace, I believe there is a very big resentment about Bruno's son, David Sammartino, never getting a push with WWF/E. Bruno any father would be, always felt that David was going to be a star. But Vince saw long before anyone, that David was the shits! David bounced around everywhere trying to live his dads gimmick, but he never had the size or the charisma of his father. Instead of Bruno seeing his son for what he was, instead it was easier to lay blame on Vince for not pushing him!

Bruno also supposedly hated the gimmicks that WWE was moving to, and especially hated how lewd Vince's shows became. But that only meant that Bruno was a bitter old man who forgot that during his days, the WWWF used to mock society with homo-phobic guys like Gorgeous George, made light of midgets as circus attractions, and also employed women like Moolah as a sex slave. All of this happened long before society relaxed their feelings of such gimmicks! Bruno is one of the all-time greats, but his hatred for Vince outing the business is just not justified. If Vince hadn't done it, someone was going to!