Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emmanuel Owootoah: Alabama, Fresno St. Coming Soon
I just had a conversation with Cordia head coach Rodrick Rhodes about 2013 point guard Emmanuel Owootoah.

Owootoah, a multi-talented 5-foot-10 speedster, has exploded into the spotlight since being ruled eligible to play in Kentucky.

Tennessee, Morehead State and Florida State have already watched Owootoah. According to Rhodes, Alabama and Fresno State will be sending coaches to Kentucky "in the next week or two."

Rhodes has also received calls of interest from Providence and Kansas. University of Kentucky assistant Orlando Antigua has sent text messages requesting a game schedule.

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2013/01/alabam...watch.html
Congrats Eman!!
I think Kansas would be a great fit for Owootoah IMO. They always seem to have strong guard play.
Haven't really seen anything spectacular out of this player. Don't get me wrong D1 talent is there. I just don't see him competing with other guards at the major D1 level. Now mid-major D1 yes. But this is just based off his highlight from what ive seen on here. Could be a great player. I mean if he was such a highly recruited player and such from his hometown why leave? To a team like cordia. Even though cordia has turned things around but stilll. Just doesnt make sense.
Emmanuel is as good as advertised. The kid will play big d-1 ball next season. Him and Camron are on about the same level, E just gets everyone going before he looks to score himself. Rhodes will turn him loose come end of season and tournament time imo. He can take a game over at anytime when he feels he needs to, but gets more enjoyment out of the game by assisting others. Him and Camron are the only two players in the 14th that can turn the switch when needed imo. Both will play big d-1 ball.
Would love to see him play
KyHighSchoolBBall Wrote:Haven't really seen anything spectacular out of this player. Don't get me wrong D1 talent is there. I just don't see him competing with other guards at the major D1 level. Now mid-major D1 yes. But this is just based off his highlight from what ive seen on here. Could be a great player. I mean if he was such a highly recruited player and such from his hometown why leave? To a team like cordia. Even though cordia has turned things around but stilll. Just doesnt make sense.

No big Canadian star stays in Canada. Not one. Why did Wiggins come to the states? Why Anthony Bennitt? More exposure for them in the states. And if they here your a coach that played big college ball or NBA ball they come running.
Cameron isn't on the same level as Oowootah. Cam don't have the speed. Cam couldn't muster up more than 5 points with an 8th grader chasing him in the Cordia game. 5pts. Give me a break. Looked like Jaysean Paige vs Buckhorn last year. And I still ain't sold on Oowatah completely.
Austin Combs is an upcoming star in the 14th. Give the kid credit on his defense on Cam. Owootoah is.better then cam but both different type players But both on a different level then the rest of the region.
Owootoah is one of the best pure pg ive ever seen around here, this exposure is much deserved
Your upcoming star will be at Knott Central next year. Why stay at Cordia when hotrod is bringing in recruits every day.
Braxton Beverly is better than Cam. Speed kills. 5 points vs an 8th grader. Not very impressive. A great player will still get his 20 -25 even vs a box and 1.
Done been over this. Kisha Combs will not send Austin to KCC. She's done seen it on here once and asked who the hell it was saying it. So your opinion on where Austin will be is completely irrelevant. Why did he come back to Cordia in the first place pal?....
Well he can do what he wants to. But if he wants to play, he better get out of the future prep school. Well he may be ok with being a sub, I don't know. He is a good player. But I don't think nobody in this region is in a whole different level. Ootowa has his speed and ball handling going for him but his shot is so so.
Shot is so so?? Did you watch the Knott/Cordia game at breathitt? Kid was unconscious, especially down the stretch. He doesn't shoot a lot anyways. Best pg in the region. And Combs will be just fine. Like I said his going to be a top player in this region as he grows. No hold back either.
In a lot of people's humble opinion, the Miller kid from East Ridge is a tad bit ahead of Emmanuel Oowatoey right now at this juncture in their careers.. Miller shoots it better & is a pure scorer!! Oowatoey may be a little faster & quicker, but the super Soph from Lick Creek is a stud & opening a lot of eyes throughout the Region & State!! Miller can take over a game with his superior scoring ability, E.O. cannot IMHO...
Miller isn't even in the same category with E. No offense to Miller. But have ever watched this kid play? I've seen Miller and he isn't close to Owootoah, Justice, or Beverly.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Miller isn't even in the same category with E. No offense to Miller. But have ever watched this kid play? I've seen Miller and he isn't close to Owootoah, Justice, or Beverly.

A lot of the stuff that ticks you off on here would blow over if you didnt feel the need to respond to everyone who says something about a Cordia player that's a bit different than your point of view. Let them talk and don't worry about it.
Through 5 games on the khsaa website the cordia kid is shooting 28/52= 54% from 2 point range, 9/17= 53% from 3 pt range, and 22/31= 71% from free throw line. Thats good shooting. I'd like to see who is shooting better than that.
Justice is shooting 54%, 44%, 79%. Beverly is shooting 41%, 29%, 72%. East Ridge does have stats. Give the Cordia Kid credit. He can play or these schools wouldn't be after him.
seen this kid play twice now and he is a very good player. A little passive at times but he can really shoot the ball and find guys rather quickly. He's going to play big time D1 somewhere. His skill set is the best in the region.
jwill Wrote:Justice is shooting 54%, 44%, 79%. Beverly is shooting 41%, 29%, 72%. East Ridge does have stats. Give the Cordia Kid credit. He can play or these schools wouldn't be after him.

Kinda Hard to compare 5 games to 20 games wouldnt you think?
As far as Ive seen this year their really is not a D1 player in eastern Ky. Justice and Beverly and the kid at Cordia may be Eastern Ky or Western Ky material lets be honest Justice at Shelby Vally played 2 years at Louisville sparingly and now at Pikeville. The kid at Johnson Cent. in the same league as Justice and Beverly. you guys can say im wrong on here and they may go to D1 schools but as starters no way at this time.
Justice and Owootoah have big D1 offers(ucla,Tennessee). But I agree neither would start at those schools. Justice already has a D1 jumper imo, and Owootoah vision, handles, and speed. These kids make it fun to watch eky basketball.
ballboy Wrote:As far as Ive seen this year their really is not a D1 player in eastern Ky. Justice and Beverly and the kid at Cordia may be Eastern Ky or Western Ky material lets be honest Justice at Shelby Vally played 2 years at Louisville sparingly and now at Pikeville. The kid at Johnson Cent. in the same league as Justice and Beverly. you guys can say im wrong on here and they may go to D1 schools but as starters no way at this time.

Exactly what i was trying to say. Their is a few high major players in eastern ky but known starters. At the best Justice level from shelby valley. Mid Major D1 i see these kids making an impact. Their being a starter im not sure.
What is the correct spelling for this kids name. I have seen everything on this site from Owatoah to Okinawa. I believe Okinawa is somewhere near Japan.
No offense but lets start with...
Kentucky: Signed 2013 PG Andrew Harrison #1 PG ESPN.
Tennessee: Signed 2013 PG Travon Landry #82 PG ESPN.
Kansas: Signed 2013 PG Conner Frankamp #6 PG ESPN
UCLA: Signed 2013 PG Zach LaVine #10 PG ESPN

Just by looking at who they have already signed i just couldnt see why they would be interested in Emmanuel with what they are bringing in. No disrespect to him but he is not on these guys level. Mid Major D1 player imo.
You can check for yourself.....
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basket...w/position
Congrats to Owootoah! And comparing he and Camron Justice simply isn't fair. They are completely different players with different floor games. Owootoah is a quick, speedy, attacking point guard while Camron is a pure scorer and shooter. In my opinion they are both incredible players and we should be happy to have such great talent in the mountains.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Justice and Owootoah have big D1 offers(ucla,Tennessee). But I agree neither would start at those schools. Justice already has a D1 jumper imo, and Owootoah vision, handles, and speed. These kids make it fun to watch eky basketball.

Owootoah does not have any high major offers yet. Justice has an offer from Tennessee.

I have watched Justice 4 times now and I haven't seen anything that screams SEC guard yet.

I have watched Owootoah 3 times and I would label him a decent mid-major prospect.
I could see him (Owootoah) getting playin time at a UCLA and possibly eventually start at a place like Bama or Fresno State