Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7th Grade Middle School State Tournament
kba website has an E johnson listed as 2nd team all tourny for 7th grade state tourny. Is this the same kid?
We need to start a new thread for the most delusional parents to ever post on Bluegrassrivals. LoL. I call shotgun on this guy ^^^^.
ky playmaker Wrote:kba website has an E johnson listed as 2nd team all tourny for 7th grade state tourny. Is this the same kid?

His team did not play in the tourney.
raisedseams Wrote:We need to start a new thread for the most delusional parents to ever post on Bluegrassrivals. LoL. I call shotgun on this guy ^^^^.

You stay in your end of the state and I will stay in mine.

We will catch up to your aged warriors.

We will surpass their abilities as well.

BTW, you have no clue.
Fly by night,You have not a clue your team was not there and your still crying....WTF
fence jumper Wrote:Fly by night,You have not a clue your team was not there and your still crying....WTF

You see, that is the problem with the Internet.

I have not moaned once, yet many of you believe that I have.

I simply wanted to know their ages. That is all.

It really doesn't matter.

We will just win the state in 2017 and 2018 and be done with it.

:biggrin:
LOL....What team mite that be ..That way i will remember this forum
fence jumper Wrote:LOL....What team mite that be ..That way i will remember this forum

We are having so much fun with this thread!!!!

:biglmao:
This thread got ridiculous in a hurry...

Other than the Final Four teams, who were some other good ones that were there?
11thRegionHoops Wrote:This thread got ridiculous in a hurry...

Other than the Final Four teams, who were some other good ones that were there?

Wayne County and Elkhorn were two of the best teams there.

They just happened to run into Southern Pulaski and Meece in the Regional Finals.
The kids that made the all tournament team. What does that mean? Will they actually play games or what?
OlDad_90 Wrote:The kids that made the all tournament team. What does that mean? Will they actually play games or what?

I don't know, but congratulations to those who did...

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
Just thought that I would point out that this group won the 10th Region Freshmen tournament.

[Image: http://s3.amazonaws.com/vnn-aws-sites/57...00x338.jpg]

http://grcathletics.com/2015/02/07/10th-...he-season/
Correction - CAL which played in the final game against Meece in the 6th grade state tournament had No holdbacks.
Jamesjam Wrote:Correction - CAL which played in the final game against Meece in the 6th grade state tournament had No holdbacks.

I know that it is hard for you to keep up but this was about the 7th grade tournament in 2013! 2 YEARS AGO. And on another thread a CAL parent said that his son would be 13 in the spring, by definition, a hold back, but try to discuss it on the correct thread.

The kids that they are referring to in this thread are all freshman at SWHS now and doing quiet well at the high school varsity level. (Even competing against seniors, and not complaining).
Laker Wrote:The kids that they are referring to in this thread are all freshman at SWHS now and doing quiet well at the high school varsity level. (Even competing against seniors, and not complaining).

They ought to be competing against Seniors since they turn 17 in the late summer and fall of 2015.
Fly By Night Wrote:They ought to be competing against Seniors since they turn 17 in the late summer and fall of 2015.

I'm guessing your little Johnny still can't compete with the aged Warriors. They will be 17 in the fall, which makes them perfectly legal to beat Little Johnny for every year of high school.
Laker Wrote:I'm guessing your little Johnny still can't compete with the aged Warriors. They will be 17 in the fall, which makes them perfectly legal to beat Little Johnny for every year of high school.

:dontthink

On the contrary, we scrimmaged them before the regular season. It was an even matchup.

Nobody said that their ages were illegal. As I stated 2 years ago, we would catch up. Just a matter of time.

[Image: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736...74a0f0.jpg]
Need 2 clarify. "Late starters" and the oft debated term "holdbacks" are separate entities ENTIRELY. Decision tree motivations in Preschool and 5th grade I expect are quite different. Just my opinion....

BTW, CAL had NO "holdbacks" on their 6th grade runner-up school team. The "late starter" you referenced has a thicker, meaner twin. Football anyone!!!! Both invited to KY Team.
late starters are holdbacks but I get your point on the reason why behind the holdback. Alot of people dont get why holdbacks happen in some places more than others. I will tell you what I see. You can agree or disagree. Its a snow ball effect in those areas. It starts with a couple kids years ago. Those two are bigger stronger etc than their class mates as a whole. They excel at sports and play QB and avg 20 game. Other parents see this and say dang if I dont hold johnny back he will not be able to compete locally for those spots. So they hold their kid back. cycle just continues. I dont have a problem with hold backs. Mine are all holdbacks or late starters cause april birthdays. There are holdbacks all over the state but thats why more in some areas. Its to me about giving your kid a chance to compete locally for spots when everybody is doing it. If not unless ur kid is just a stud he wont play qb and avg 20 in these areas.
ky playmaker Wrote:late starters are holdbacks but I get your point on the reason why behind the holdback. Alot of people dont get why holdbacks happen in some places more than others. I will tell you what I see. You can agree or disagree. Its a snow ball effect in those areas. It starts with a couple kids years ago. Those two are bigger stronger etc than their class mates as a whole. They excel at sports and play QB and avg 20 game. Other parents see this and say dang if I dont hold johnny back he will not be able to compete locally for those spots. So they hold their kid back. cycle just continues. I dont have a problem with hold backs. Mine are all holdbacks or late starters cause april birthdays. There are holdbacks all over the state but thats why more in some areas. Its to me about giving your kid a chance to compete locally for spots when everybody is doing it. If not unless ur kid is just a stud he wont play qb and avg 20 in these areas.

My son has an April birthday. He is a freshmen and still 14 years old - no holdback. He will be a college basketball or baseball player based upon his talent to play at the college level and not his talent to play against those who are 1 to 2 years younger than him.

He currently runs a 6.8 60 yard dash and will only get faster as he develops. His freshmen team won the 10th Region Freshmen basketball tournament. He will have enough opportunities to prove his capabilities in high school without being held back.
Your son sounds like the exception glad for him. I agree with playmaker it is a snowball effect have to do it in order to play in some areas your hand is forced. As for hold backs or late starters they are exactly the same thing. I refer to them as max age. What is the difference may I ask?
Laker Wrote:I know that it is hard for you to keep up but this was about the 7th grade tournament in 2013! 2 YEARS AGO. And on another thread a CAL parent said that his son would be 13 in the spring, by definition, a hold back, but try to discuss it on the correct thread.

The kids that they are referring to in this thread are all freshman at SWHS now and doing quiet well at the high school varsity level. (Even competing against seniors, and not complaining).

Laker:
I inadvertently missed the date scrolling through all the "holdback" discussions. We know where you stand on the holdback debate and most likely the county in which you reside. Enjoy your middle school basketball blogging.