Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7th Grade Middle School State Tournament
Cardfan1 Wrote:They can read rule books in this area.

I would just like to know how old each of them are today and what are their birthdates.

I could care less if they are within the August 1st date for 8th or 12th grade.
All signs point to 14 and under. Call their parents I guess or kba.
Cardfan1 Wrote:All signs point to 14 and under. Call their parents I guess or kba.

This was not an age restricted tournament. It was grade based. Therefore, KBA would not care.

Their parents would not care unless they post it on here themselves.

I just want to know because there were 30 or more parents that I spoke with who also wanted to know their ages.
They are both 14, they will not be 15 till next fall after August 1.
The three were born in 1998.
Dykes has an August birthdate
Butt has an October birthdate and
Fitzgerald has a November birthdate.

They will all be 18 on August 1st of their senior year.

The three of them probably play 100-150 games per year all over America against top competition, to be better at their sport. KBA requires a birth certificate and a grade card to play. The coaches have them when they check into the tournament. Anyone at KBA this weekend could have seen the documentation if they wanted.

I believe the three of them will be at the eighth grade tournament in two weeks, just ask Tom at KBA, he would be happy to show you the documents. He has been proving to people for years the boys are within the rules.
catfanmd Wrote:The three were born in 1998.

The three of them probably play 100-150 games per year all over America against top competition, to be better at their sport. KBA requires a birth certificate and a grade card to play. The coaches have them when they check into the tournament. Anyone at KBA this weekend could have seen the documentation if they wanted.

I believe the three of them will be at the eighth grade tournament in two weeks, just ask Tom at KBA, he would be happy to show you the documents. He has been proving to people for years the boys are within the rules.

Don't need that.

Just wanted to know their birthdates.

Thank you.

They are 17-20 months older than my 7th grader who is increasingly one of the tops in his sport against players born in the 21st century...

:biggrin:

I am sure that we will meet again.
Congrats to Southern and Coach Fitzgerald on bringing another state championship back to Pulaski County.:Clap:

Congrats to Meece on your runner up finish. You represented the Somerset area well.:Thumbs:

Congrats to Knox, Whitley, and Wayne also. Get rested up and we get to do it all over again in our conference tournament this week.

For those who have heard our kids are 15, that is just rummors being started by parents of other teams that have no clue. Danny, Steven, and Logan are all 7th graders. On Aug.1 they were all 13 but they have all turned 14 by now.

These 3 kids work extremely hard, and play year round. In fact they start on both the 7th and 8th grade teams. And if they are not playing a middle school game they go up and play Freshman and JV games for Southwestern.
Khsaa says that kids not be 19 before August 1st of their senior year. That is 15 before aug 1st of 8th grade year. If they are older than those who are in the same grade as them then that falls on the parents of the younger kids. Rules are followed and no cheating is occurring.
My 12 year old played 7th and 8th grade as well this year.

Enjoy the tremendous advantage while it lasts.

We will catch up.

We will pass you by.
I liked it better when were running down kba.
The football board has this same argument. There is a guy on there who says the same things about some of the same kids. It's not logical there or here.
catfanmd Wrote:The three were born in 1998.

Congrats to Southern on the win! I have no dog in this fight and could care less about the whole age debate, but in these middle school team tournaments, the KBA requires no such thing as a birth certificate or a grade card to play. Some teams may bring these things and give them to the KBA voluntarily, but they are not required to play.
I don't have a question of whether any of the kids were of legal age for the time. When I question is the systematic holding back a whole group of kids purely for sports. No doubt they're all very talented add player I've seen them around the country in aau circuit. It seams to me that that whole region needs to adjust their priorities.Most of the freshmen at our high school are 14.
And I'll tell you 1 more thing you better hope that they never change the rules in Jefferson County because if they do and their middle schoos start coming up to state you're going to find out just how Athletic some kids can get at a very young age. Crosby Farnsley jctms would all have been in the top 10 in this tournament easily we need a state tournament somewhere in Louisville or Lexington where all the teams can play and make it by invitation or conference championship and let's find out who really has the best team and not who can play even when it snows. Jefferson countyforbid their schools from coming.
You are somwhat correct. All coaches are required to have on hand proof from the school of what grade all kids are in. grade authoiztion signed by the teacher or principle or a current grade card. A coach must be able to prove a players age and grade upon request or the team may have to forfeit. All coaches should have COPY OF BIRTH CERT AND GRADE CARD WITH THEM INCASE THIS HAPPENS. I am sure all do not.
I watched a lot of games the teams from our region did really well however the sheer physical nature of every game wore down our smaller kids. We were better basketball players but when you have kids thatare only 5'65'7 and 5'8 in the front court its hard. Especially when they're playing against 6 foot plus kids beating on them consistently every game with hardly any calls it just becomes a physical drain on your body.
blackunis71 Wrote:And I'll tell you 1 more thing you better hope that they never change the rules in Jefferson County because if they do and their middle schoos start coming up to state you're going to find out just how Athletic some kids can get at a very young age. Crosby Farnsley jctms would all have been in the top 10 in this tournament easily we need a state tournament somewhere in Louisville or Lexington where all the teams can play and make it by invitation or conference championship and let's find out who really has the best team and not who can play even when it snows. Jefferson countyforbid their schools from coming.

I think I have seen in the past where Louisville schools normally come to these KBA events, but JCPS cancelled all activities this weekend due to weather so I am sure that's what kept them from coming this year.
BLACKUNIS, If you are looking for revenge and a more even playing field for your kids I believe those same kids will be back up at kba for the 8th grade tourny. load up and come on. Should be a really good tourny
blackunis71 Wrote:And I'll tell you 1 more thing you better hope that they never change the rules in Jefferson County because if they do and their middle schoos start coming up to state you're going to find out just how Athletic some kids can get at a very young age. Crosby Farnsley jctms would all have been in the top 10 in this tournament easily we need a state tournament somewhere in Louisville or Lexington where all the teams can play and make it by invitation or conference championship and let's find out who really has the best team and not who can play even when it snows. Jefferson countyforbid their schools from coming.
What rule are you implying we should hope they never change in Louisville? Only Crosby signed up to come to the tournament this year but didn't make it because of the snow. JCTMS and Farnsley apparently didn't want to participate to begin with. That's too bad because JCTMS was runner-up last year losing to Southern 57-29 in the championship game. JCTMS was apparently allowed to come last year and also this year since their 6th grade team played last weekend at the KBA and made it to the final 8.
You louisville guys that are complaining about holdbacks do realize that your best 2 players in the ville are holdbacks don't you? Quinton Snyder and Darryl Hicks

I love beating up on these more "athletic" Louisville teams every weekend in AAU ball. LoL. They whine and cry just like this ^^^. These "non-athletic" teams down south have dominated the middle school tournaments so far, and it just eats at the teams up north.
raisedseams Wrote:I love beating up on these more "athletic" Louisville teams every weekend in AAU ball. LoL. They whine and cry just like this ^^^. These "non-athletic" teams down south have dominated the middle school tournaments so far, and it just eats at the teams up north.

Lol. Honestly, dominating middle school means nothing. It's an accomplishment for sure but its not the feat that so many on here act like it is.. To act like the Louisville schools arent more athletic as they grow older is crazy.. We all know the truth behind that.

We'll see whose dominating when it counts. Get your pleasure, smack talk or whatever pleases you out of the way know. I hate to break it, it wont come so easy when you get to the high school level.
The Mountains are well represented!
Our 14 year olds are freshmen in high school. And i have no problem with holdbacks per say. What i think is wrong is purposely holding back a group of kids for the purpose of sports. You push the rules to the limit for the purpose of winning.You forget pikeville got kicked out last year for an illegal player.
Im not trying to be bitter. But when you realize that all the older looking teams are from the samw county or two. You wonder about the parents who are systematically holding back the majority of their good athletes. And if someone started organizing the same kind of team in louisville, the rest of the state would not be happy.
Fly By Night Wrote:My 12 year old played 7th and 8th grade as well this year.

Enjoy the tremendous advantage while it lasts.

We will catch up.

We will pass you by.

Thats what they said about the last group of Southern holdbacks. You know, the ones that went to the final four in the state tournament last year. So unless you are Trinity, you didn't catch up with that group, and I doubt you will catch up with this group either. Time will tell.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Thats what they said about the last group of Southern holdbacks. You know, the ones that went to the final four in the state tournament last year. So unless you are Trinity, you didn't catch up with that group, and I doubt you will catch up with this group either. Time will tell.

Everyone in KY lost to Trinity last year except for the 1 point victory by Madison Central over the Rocks in the Joe B Hall Classic.

Before you toot your own horn about losing to Trinity at Rupp....so did we!!!

:biglmao:

BTW, I understand that Paris gave Southern Pulaski a great game at KBA about 3 weeks ago. It was tied til midway thru the 4th when Southern Pulaski defeated Paris by 7 points.

Keep blowing the horn because we are all gaining.

:blabbermo
Willie Turnover,

Upon further review I found that Southwestern had 9 losses in the 2011-2012 basketball season.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...bk11/36164

My team gave you one of those 9.

Confusednicker:
Willie Turnover Wrote:Thats what they said about the last group of Southern holdbacks. You know, the ones that went to the final four in the state tournament last year. So unless you are Trinity, you didn't catch up with that group, and I doubt you will catch up with this group either. Time will tell.

LOL. Is that a joke? Will this group recruit a Canadian PG to lead them to the promise land as well?! Don't kid yourself, Southwestern would have been lucky to make the State, nevertheless the final four! And that right there is a joke. :biglmao:
It must mean something or you would not be complaining about the players we have. If it ever translates to a better high school, no one knows as of yet. But i'm sure that want matter to some of the haters.