"I'm 83 and Tired"

"I'm 83 and Tired" Worth reading.....

"I'm 83 and I'm Tired"

I'm 83. Except for brief period in the 50's when I was doing my National
Service, I've worked hard since I was 17. Except for some some serious
health challenges, I put in 50-hour weeks, and didn't call in sick in nearly
40 years. I made a reasonable salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my
income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, it looks as
though retirement was a bad idea, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who
don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take
the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy
to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I
can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and
daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight
offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't
"believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning
teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the
genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and
Shari'a law tells them to.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let
Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use our oil money to fund mosques
and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia , New Zealand ,
UK, America and Canada , while no one from these countries are allowed to
fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia or any other
Arab country to teach love and tolerance..

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global
warming, which no one is allowed to debate.

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help
support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ
rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses
or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off?

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all
parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful
mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting
caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

I'm really tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and
actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination
or big-whatever for their problems.

I'm also tired and fed up with seeing young men and women in their teens and
early 20's be-deck them selves in tattoos and face studs, thereby making
themselves un-employable and claiming money from the Government.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 83.. Because, mostly, I'm not
going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for
my granddaughter and their children. Thank God I'm on the way out and not
on the way in.

There is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each of us
sends it on!

This is your chance to make a difference.

" I'm 83 and I'm tired. If you don't agree you are part of the problem!
I believe thats the general consensus of all working people from 23 on now.
Aint this the truth!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Wildcatk23 Wrote:"I'm 83 and Tired"

"I'm 83 and Tired" Worth reading.....

"I'm 83 and I'm Tired"

I'm 83. Except for brief period in the 50's when I was doing my National
Service, I've worked hard since I was 17. Except for some some serious
health challenges, I put in 50-hour weeks, and didn't call in sick in nearly
40 years. I made a reasonable salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my
income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, it looks as
though retirement was a bad idea, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who
don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take
the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy
to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I
can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and
daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight
offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't
"believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning
teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the
genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and
Shari'a law tells them to.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let
Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use our oil money to fund mosques
and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia , New Zealand ,
UK, America and Canada , while no one from these countries are allowed to
fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia or any other
Arab country to teach love and tolerance..

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global
warming, which no one is allowed to debate.

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help
support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ
rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses
or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off?

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all
parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful
mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting
caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

I'm really tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and
actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination
or big-whatever for their problems.

I'm also tired and fed up with seeing young men and women in their teens and
early 20's be-deck them selves in tattoos and face studs, thereby making
themselves un-employable and claiming money from the Government.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 83.. Because, mostly, I'm not
going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for
my granddaughter and their children. Thank God I'm on the way out and not
on the way in.

There is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each of us
sends it on!

This is your chance to make a difference.

" I'm 83 and I'm tired. If you don't agree you are part of the problem!

Really...oh how quickly we forget...these observations he's making have existed on some level for every generation in our country, same grievances, same observations for years just a different decade...I believe 83 and tired may need some perspective. Imagine 83 and tired in 1950. Let's give it a go. History provides perspective. Let's revisit it!!!

We had to go to war with a German dictator because he would have taken over the world if we didn't stop him and his regime at the cost of tens of thousands of American patriots. We had to drop two atom bombs on Japan to persuade his evil axis buddy to knock it off. While sweeping up the remains of the German dictator by the way we learned he was gasing and cooking tens of thousands human beings. How was American culture and diplomacy doing in the post WWI era? Wealthy athletes, politicians, and entertainers were making headlines then also. Opium was kicking butt and taking names also!

So 83 as much as I hate to tell you this at 41 I'm working on cleaning up your entitlement issues when you were my age now. Interesting how that concept plays out...it's the 60's our economy is booming and it's about growth, splurge, excess, no boundaries, onset of free love, people getting lazy and giving up on important societal constucts i.e. marriage and screwing with consequences!

Forgive the sociologist in me but 83 and tired....the 83's before you said the same thing about you 60 years ago...70 years ago.

So far so good my 14 year old isn't in your shoes having to suffer the reality of hundreds of thousands of people dying on his Fathers watch as you did...

Again folks, perspective is a beautiful thing. We've worked diligently on not having to repeat what 83 and his parents had to suffer first hand. So 83 and tired, if you've exhausted your chest of God giving skills and abilities you'll depart this world a whole man and enjoy a life of eternity with our Father in heaven and congrats for doing so.

It is my sincere hope you have placed the same amount of effort and due diligence in your legacies life than you have in critiquing the current generations. I'll be holding myself to a similar standard in about 40 years God willing and I'll have faith in them knowing I was all in helping them improve and left them in a better situation than I was in at their age. Lets focus on pursuing that means and end.

Hope my chance made a difference, maybe not the difference you were anticipating Wildcat?... positive actions speak louder than critical words. You may be better off visiting the Church101, Sermon thread, BGR good news amongst others to learn more about my legacy. Jesus and I want to focus on solutions. God bless you 83 and tired...I'll be praying you find peace and healing in your heart before you depart!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
^Whatever...:yawn:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Amen
Nice post Wildcat!
WideRight05 Wrote:Nice post Wildcat!

I whole heartedly agree.
Spirit100 Wrote:Really...oh how quickly we forget...these observations he's making have existed on some level for every generation in our country, same grievances, same observations for years just a different decade...I believe 83 and tired may need some perspective. Imagine 83 and tired in 1950. Let's give it a go. History provides perspective. Let's revisit it!!!

We had to go to war with a German dictator because he would have taken over the world if we didn't stop him and his regime at the cost of tens of thousands of American patriots. We had to drop two atom bombs on Japan to persuade his evil axis buddy to knock it off. While sweeping up the remains of the German dictator by the way we learned he was gasing and cooking tens of thousands human beings. How was American culture and diplomacy doing in the post WWI era? Wealthy athletes, politicians, and entertainers were making headlines then also. Opium was kicking butt and taking names also!

So 83 as much as I hate to tell you this at 41 I'm working on cleaning up your entitlement issues when you were my age now. Interesting how that concept plays out...it's the 60's our economy is booming and it's about growth, splurge, excess, no boundaries, onset of free love, people getting lazy and giving up on important societal constucts i.e. marriage and screwing with consequences!

Forgive the sociologist in me but 83 and tired....the 83's before you said the same thing about you 60 years ago...70 years ago.

So far so good my 14 year old isn't in your shoes having to suffer the reality of hundreds of thousands of people dying on his Fathers watch as you did...

Again folks, perspective is a beautiful thing. We've worked diligently on not having to repeat what 83 and his parents had to suffer first hand. So 83 and tired, if you've exhausted your chest of God giving skills and abilities you'll depart this world a whole man and enjoy a life of eternity with our Father in heaven and congrats for doing so.

It is my sincere hope you have placed the same amount of effort and due diligence in your legacies life than you have in critiquing the current generations. I'll be holding myself to a similar standard in about 40 years God willing and I'll have faith in them knowing I was all in helping them improve and left them in a better situation than I was in at their age. Lets focus on pursuing that means and end.

Hope my chance made a difference, maybe not the difference you were anticipating Wildcat?... positive actions speak louder than critical words. You may be better off visiting the Church101, Sermon thread, BGR good news amongst others to learn more about my legacy. Jesus and I want to focus on solutions. God bless you 83 and tired...I'll be praying you find peace and healing in your heart before you depart!

:yawn:...................:eyeroll:
Bob Seger Wrote:I whole heartedly agree.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect to see this post!!!
Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect to see this post!!!
Confusednicker:Confusednicker:

Junior's growing up Granny.
That new wife of his just may straighten him out!!
:lolrage:
Spirit100 Wrote:Really...oh how quickly we forget...these observations he's making have existed on some level for every generation in our country, same grievances, same observations for years just a different decade...I believe 83 and tired may need some perspective. Imagine 83 and tired in 1950. Let's give it a go. History provides perspective. Let's revisit it!!!

LOL...you started with the 50's, but didn't even mention the war of that decade, the Korean War? We lost thousands of Americans in that one too.

This, people, is why it's considered "The Forgotten War". We need to do all we can to keep their memory alive.